PDA

View Full Version : Only 14 Teams...

crabman
02-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Out of Region 1 will NOT make the playoffs. Only 15 out of Region 4 will not make the playoffs.

I don't think the UIL has diluted the system one bit. It's not like it's about the money or anything. :thinking:

Bullaholic
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Out of Region 1 will NOT make the playoffs. Only 15 out of Region 4 will not make the playoffs.

I don't think the UIL has diluted the system one bit. It's not like it's about the money or anything. :thinking:

Just watch the ones that you think should be there, crabman....;)

Ray_BearKat
02-02-2006, 10:19 PM

Who gets the football-playoff money?

GetRDoneStangs
02-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
Who gets the football-playoff money?

In playoff games UIL gets 15%,

then the refs, stadium, etc..

and the teams split what is left.

Some times a good payday for the schools...

Always a good payday for the UIL..

Adidas410s
02-02-2006, 10:35 PM

The UIL doesn't make the enrollment #'s of West and South Texas keep dropping. They have to do something with the current situation. Also, they aren't really making any more money on the playoffs than they would if we had solid 9-team districts across the board. It's still 3 teams from every district making the playoffs...think about it! :doh:

crabman
02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
It is the three teams from one district thing that I was alluding to. When the regions get all skewed like this and then you have three teams just for the sake of the money, it is going to get really embarassing. I predict now that somewhere there will be a 1-9 team make the playoffs through some convoluted tie-breaker. Heck, Presidio could make it in at 0-10.

Buccaneer
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Presido will not lose a football game this season!

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
It is the three teams from one district thing that I was alluding to. When the regions get all skewed like this and then you have three teams just for the sake of the money, it is going to get really embarassing. I predict now that somewhere there will be a 1-9 team make the playoffs through some convoluted tie-breaker. Heck, Presidio could make it in at 0-10.

I understand your objection to the further "watering down" of the playoff system to the point of being laughable, crabman. I guess I am just too tolerant, not necessarily adamant, of the changes because I feel that the best teams will still be the ones with the rings at the end of the process, no matter how many teams are included in the playoffs.

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Presido will not lose a football game this season!

wait, what?

Bullaholic
02-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wait, what?

Presidio is in 2-3A by itself, and is a "basketball only" school, D303.

District303aPastPlayer
02-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Presidio is in 2-3A by itself, and is a "basketball only" school, D303.

okay, i was like waiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute...

raider red 2000
02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
coaches should really be able to sell kids on the program.

kids we have a great shot of making the playoffs this year.

that means you get a patch for your jacket.

all we gotta do is win like 2 games and we are playoff bound.

on the other hand.

if you dont make it....get ready to start selling used cars :)