PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's Schedule?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Football talk around town is Bellville will play, West Columbia, Sealy, Marlin, Barbers Hill, and Lamar Consolated, in pre-district. If anyone has heard any news let us know.
Bellville will be in 23AAA with Navasota, Giddings, Caldwell, Smithville, and La Grange.
I would like to know why, when you have Sealy and Columbus within 30 min. drive why the UIL would not put them in the same district?

punt
02-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Seems like I remember I-10 being the dividing line in previous years.

neck_06
02-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Bellville vs. West Columbia................could be a good one.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

neck_94
02-03-2006, 09:13 AM
They are gonna be GOOD ! ! !
I hear they bring back 9 offensive and 9 defensive starters...

WHEW ! we will see, as we have them week 1 at their place.

neck_06
02-03-2006, 09:20 AM
might have to try and make that one!

:D :D :D

Bull's-eye
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Brookshire Royal would also be very close. Bellville will have their 3 neighboring schools not in their district. :thinking:

tortilla_man
02-03-2006, 01:51 PM
bellville's keeps having tough time finding teams to play in the preseason looks like quite a tough schued, two 4A schools and Marlin is 2A but they have a hell of a team, and then well Sealy is a rival and west columbia has been good the last few years

WOSgrad
02-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I think this may have been the result of what happened to the East in Region III. Under the alignment for this year, the eastern art of the Region had three six-team districts, 22, 23 and 24. With two teams from those districts moving up (Barbers Hill and Huffman) and two moving down (Anahuac and Buna) left only 14 of the teams left.

What the UIL did was put the remaining team in two districts, 21 and 22. However, that left the UIL with only 7 districts in Region III. So they had some gerrymandering to do to get 8 districts in Region III again which resulted in some rather awkward looking districts to the west. Can you believe some of the drives that Columbia and Wharton will have to make come district time?

dutchman
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Football talk around town is Bellville will play, West Columbia, Sealy, Marlin, Barbers Hill, and Lamar Consolated, in pre-district. If anyone has heard any news let us know.
Bellville will be in 23AAA with Navasota, Giddings, Caldwell, Smithville, and La Grange.
I would like to know why, when you have Sealy and Columbus within 30 min. drive why the UIL would not put them in the same district?

Any idea of the week for the Marlin game, since we will be coming back to Bellville this year?

Bull's-eye
02-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I heard that Marlin won't be on the schedule this year. :thinking:

UPanIN
02-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
bellville's keeps having tough time finding teams to play in the preseason looks like quite a tough schued, two 4A schools and Marlin is 2A but they have a hell of a team, and then well Sealy is a rival and west columbia has been good the last few years

Nobody wants to play Bellville.:weeping: :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Heres the new talk today in Bellville, Marlin Backed out, so the way it looks now,

0 Sealy 3a
1 West Columbia 3a
2 Barbers Hill 4a
5 Houston St. Thomas 4a

Word is Bellville has talked to Wimberly for week 3 or 4, but each team will try to find a closer game, if not it looks like a long road trip for a pre-district game. One of these weeks 3 or 4 will be Bellvilles open date.
Just remember this is talk around town and this could change tomorrow!

Jody
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Yes, here is Barbers Hills pre-season line-up (not in this order):

West Orange Stark
Lumberton
Bellville
Wharton
Jasper

How is that for a pre-season schedule.....man oh man.
:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Barbers Hill Is 4a.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Did Barbers Hill Graduate many from the football team last year???
How did BH do last year?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-06-2006, 09:43 PM
Word is Bellville and Wimberly will play in week 4 on a Saturday??
I wish we could find some closer opponents in Pre-District. If this schedule holds to be true, Bellville will once again have a very tough Pre-District.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2006, 05:31 PM
New word is, no Wimberly, the word is Bellville will play Mike Johnstons Mustangs from Houston Christian Academy. Mike left Katy a few years back, and has the Mustangs winning games. This will be another good test for the young Brahmas, not that they needed it, Sealy, West Columbia, Barbers Hill, Houston Christan and St Tomas, will be a good test for the Brahmas before District.

gato 76
02-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Playing Lamar Consolated will be very tough,they had a young team last year an won 24 4a,had the best rb in the district J. rodgers and i think this kid will just be a jr, i saw the rbs from LaMarque and they have great rbs every year but this kid from LC was alot better.

Gobbla2001
02-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Nobody wants to play Bellville.:weeping: :rolleyes:

have a full schedule, don't they?

scotty
02-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I just don't see Bellville as a young team. They appear to me as pretty much a senior ball club for next year. And looking at their schedule other than West Columbia and Giddings it should be another relatively easy season. And remember Columbia had trouble in the playoffs against a very weak Gonzales team. Sealy lost many of its top players and they lost more games than they won. So who on their scheduleue do you see that is so fearful? Don't know when Bellville plays Giddings, but when they do, they aught to be undefeated.

Gobbla2001
02-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by scotty
I just don't see Bellville as a young team. They appear to me as pretty much a senior ball club for next year. And looking at their schedule other than West Columbia and Giddings it should be another relatively easy season. And remember Columbia had trouble in the playoffs against a very weak Gonzales team. Sealy lost many of its top players and they lost more games than they won. So who on their scheduleue do you see that is so fearful? Don't know when Bellville plays Giddings, but when they do, they aught to be undefeated.

Sealy, they always bring a ball-game... but though they are not what they once were, they do not seem to be scared to play Bellville... crazy they're not in the same district...

Who is actually scared to play Bellville??? anyone???

GUT
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Nobody they are mostly lots of Talk!

Gobbla2001
02-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm sure they're more than talk... they had a fine ball-club last year and will be very good this year as well with those guys comin' back.... but come on, there are atleast another 160 or so teams out there that are neither in their district or will not fit on their schedule, I guess they're all scared?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2006, 10:27 PM
No one here has said teams were scared to play Bellville, I said the call was put in and it was declined. I did not say anyone was scared. I also said we had Marlin scheduled and they backed out, that does not mean that anyone is scared, but the schedule would not fit for this match-up!!!

44INAROW
02-09-2006, 12:16 AM
No one here has said teams were scared to play Bellville, I said the call was put in and it was declined. I did not say anyone was scared. I also said we had Marlin scheduled and they backed out, that does not mean that anyone is scared, but the schedule would not fit for this match-up!!!

using the words "BACKED OUT" and "DECLINED" in the context it is used, is what is misleading I think.

Bellville coach put in a call to the Cuero AD and the Gobblers declined to play the Brahmas,

I think we're all just anxious for the season to begin, I know I am :)

BrahmaMom
02-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Bellville vs Cuero--now that would've been a game I couldn't miss!

chugbug
02-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Talk about scared. Cuero does not want to play Bellville. Bellville does not want to play Cuero. It's like two spiders watching each other's fly.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

UPanIN
02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
have a full schedule, don't they?

All Right! Some schools have stepped up.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jody
02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Did Barbers Hill Graduate many from the football team last year???
How did BH do last year?

Barbers Hill will be good next year. They are currently picked 1st or 2nd in their new 4-A district. The new 4-A district is weak, but there are a couple quality teams there. They have a lot of Sr's returning and some new kids who have plenty of experience as Jr.s and Soph's. If I had to compare BH to a team in your area, it would be West Columbia or Cuero. In 2005 BH had a very bbalanced Offense and a pretty good defense. If you look at the 3-A stats for 2006 you will see that BH was ranked high in almost every category.

BH is almost always a quality playoff team, but we seem to have trouble controlling the ball as of late. We certainly underacheived in the playoffs because we made WAY TOO MANY mistakes (unforced turnovers). This should be a great match-up for 2006!

BH has a questionmark at QB for 2006, but there are a few good options and they should do fine. Going 4-A might even add some to the coaching staff, so if so that might help them as well.

44INAROW
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by chugbug
Talk about scared. Cuero does not want to play Bellville. Bellville does not want to play Cuero. It's like two spiders watching each other's fly.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I wish I knew where folks were getting the info that Cuero didn't want to play Bellville:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
02-09-2006, 09:14 PM

"Backed Out"

Dunno how other people put it, but that means they were walking backwards... as in "Loook, don't wanna cause any trouble, just put the gun down"... that is in relation to Marlin, of course (who has always played tough teams, AKA Burnet the year after their two straight State Finals trips)...

As for Cuero 'declining'... that may true, as I've said... they may have declined playing Bellville because their schedule was full with teams like Bay City and Liberty Hill... If you just say "Cuero declined", that leads one to believe that they said "no comment" , aka: leave us alone already, we screwed up, let us be...

Then again, who said I was replying to you in the first place? There's other Bellville sympathizers on here other than yourself...

Bull's-eye
02-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I think most times teams decline or don't play a team is because of scheduling conflicts and traveling distances. Most coaches probably don't want to play a team in a lower classification. That puts them in a no win situation, they have a larger school and they are suppose to win. If they lose, they really look bad. Some schools don't have the money to travel, so finding games closer to home is their main objective. Most coaches probably want a competitive game. Some may want games that they can win and build the confidence of their team. Some may want to schedule a very hard pre-district and prepare their team for district and the play offs. A few years ago, Atlanta and Marlin played a lot of 4A teams and both ended up with several losses. Most people were writing them off, but they both went undefeated in district and ended up playing for the state championship.

I also heard that Marlin had backed out of their tentative agreement to play Bellville. Like some posters, I didn't assume that it meant they were scared of Bellville. I knew it had something to do with the new realignment and the scheduling conflicts of being in a new classification and different district.

xlr8
02-11-2006, 05:02 AM
For a team that lost in bi-district pretty handily, B'ville better not overlook other district foes. Believe it or not, Smithville will be much improved after a year with a new coach, Caldwell has a great unbeaten JV team coming up and a few strong all-district returners, Navasota's always unpredictable, Giddings has yo-yo seasons every three or four years and La Grange is creeping back into respectability. Good luck, but don't count your chickens. Everyone dismissed Giddings last year in pre-season and look what happened out of nowhere.

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2006, 10:17 AM
It seems I heard Celina was still looking for a game or two, in case someone else backs out. :thinking: :thinking: ;)

marlin fan
02-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It seems I heard Celina was still looking for a game or two, in case someone else backs out. :thinking: :thinking: ;) :nerd: is the band as good as the football team????

tortilla_man
02-11-2006, 11:02 AM
bellville lost to giddings because of two mishandled squib kicks that they could not recover from, had that not happen i think the outcome would have been different.

HighSchool Fan
02-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
bellville lost to giddings because of two mishandled squib kicks that they could not recover from, had that not happen i think the outcome would have been different.

turnovers are a part of the game. if bellville was so much better, their defense would of stopped them.

xlr8
02-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Yea and if Giddings wouldn't have crossed the goal line those seven pesky times, it would've been different, too. Part of the game, my friend.

Bull's-eye
02-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Giddings was definately the better team and matched up very well against Bellville. The Giddings running game was too physical for the smaller Bellville defense. Giddings will be very strong on both sides of the ball, but may need to upgrade their passing game. Bellville should have a very potent offense and must improve their run defense. I look for Giddings to be the early favorite and Bellville the top challenger.

xlr8
02-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Caldwell should take third, depending on where the Navasota game is. Lots of exceptional underclassmen coming up who aren't accustomed to losing.