PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's non-district schedule?

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Who do we play other than Brownwood?

sww-bull52
02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Haen't seen anything firm yet.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Just a rumor. But, I heard Decatur may
end up on our schedule.

sww-bull52
02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I saw the same rumor.

oh well
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Old high
Fredricksbirg
Decator
plainview

injuredinmelee
02-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Fred and Old High? Thats impressive!

injuredinmelee
02-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I would think vernon will be on there again.

mrescape43
02-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Fred and Old High? Thats impressive!

Old High?

Matthew328
02-02-2006, 05:50 PM
old high is wichita falls

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Sarcasm. Four teams in far north,south,
east and west.

injuredinmelee
its refered to in the area as "THE" high school.. to us alum anyway.

sww-bull52
Talked to a couple of players a few minutes ago.

WF High
Decatur in Sammy Baugh Classic
Brownwood in Gordon wood Classic
Borger

and a couple I can't remember. Will know more later.

Black_Magic
02-02-2006, 05:54 PM
I hear Frenship and plainview wanted to play sweetwater but sweetwater could not accomidate them they are closer than Borger..:thinking: :confused:

mrescape43
02-02-2006, 06:08 PM
I couldn't believe our schedule either.

Canyon, Hereford, Amarillo. I guess it is the price for beating up on the locals.

GetRDoneStangs
02-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Unofficial: (But real close!)

Sweetwater schedule:

week 0: Old High (WF High)
week 1: Brownwood @ 2nd Annual Sammy Baugh Classic
week 2: Decator @ Gordon Wood Classic
week 3: ???
week4: Big Spring
week 5: Borger
week 6 -10 district play

There should be an open week sometime after the Gordon Wood Classic.

Looks like a pretty tough schedule, even without playing ??? !

Ranger Mom
02-02-2006, 07:18 PM
So Snyder and Sweetwater won't even play each other unless it's in the playoffs now??

WOW......and that was a great rivalry too!!

mrescape43
02-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So Snyder and Sweetwater won't even play each other unless it's in the playoffs now??

WOW......and that was a great rivalry too!!

Sweetwater was Scared!:devil: :devil: jk

Ranger Mom
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Sweetwater was Scared!:devil: :devil: jk

Don't know how much truth to it there is, but I read on another board that Sweetwater tried to schedule Snyder and Snyder declined!:eek:

oh well
02-02-2006, 07:32 PM
What other board I thought it was 3A downlow all the way RM

Ranger Mom
02-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by oh well
What other board I thought it was 3A downlow all the way RM

I can't remember what board it was...I have only been to ALL of them today!:D

The dlow is my home away from home, but I also moderate on another board too!

oh well
02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
WHich one U2 me if you do not want to say. I am curious

oh well
02-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sarcasm. Four teams in far north,south,
east and west.

Sarcasm look who was right. I heard Plainview in place of all of those????????????? on the schedule that was posted.

Ranger Mom
02-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by oh well
WHich one U2 me if you do not want to say. I am curious

It's no big deal (I don't think)......TexasHSFootball.com (http://TexasHSFootball.com)

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 09:00 AM
I Understand that Sweetwater wanted Snyder to DROP Amarillo PD ( Snyder had already agreed with APD weeks ago) to play them. Rogers does not do that . Jackson may make an agreement and then change( playoff site like Midland last year ) his mind but Rogers wont. The only way Sweetwater and Snyder could have played is if Rogers dumped APD and play Sweetwater in the Sammy baugh classic.. that would also make snyder play 7 away games this year. be critical if you want but that how it worked out.:rolleyes:

STANG RED
02-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I Understand that Sweetwater wanted Snyder to DROP Amarillo PD ( Snyder had already agreed with APD weeks ago) to play them. Rogers does not do that . Jackson may make an agreement and then change( playoff site like Midland last year ) his mind but Rogers wont. The only way Sweetwater and Snyder could have played is if Rogers dumped APD and play Sweetwater in the Sammy baugh classic.. that would also make snyder play 7 away games this year. be critical if you want but that how it worked out.:rolleyes:

Blackie, your going to have to make up your mind on your assessment of Jackson's character. You talk about how great he is and how lucky we are to have him, when we are questioning him. But then you'll turn right around and question his character when it suits your argument. So make up your mind please. You cant have it both ways.

Phantom Stang
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
So, what you're saying in all that, is Snyder WAS offered a chance to play Sweetwater, and was the one that refused.

Thanks for clearing that up.:p

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Blackie, your going to have to make up your mind on your assessment of Jackson's character. You talk about how great he is and how lucky we are to have him, when we are questioning him. But then you'll turn right around and question his character when it suits your argument. So make up your mind please. You cant have it both ways. I didnt say anythnig about his character. I just stated Rogers would not Dump playing an opponent he mad an agreement with. I also remember the changing of a mind about a playoff spot after there was an understanding with Greenwood last year. Didnt say anything bad about Jackson. Just saying Rogers would not Dump on an agreement he makes because someone is closer.

barney rubble
02-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Talked to a couple of players a few minutes ago.

WF High
Decatur in Sammy Baugh Classic
Brownwood in Gordon wood Classic
Borger

and a couple I can't remember. Will know more later.

I dont' know about the other games, but I know y'all aren't playing Brownwood in the Gordon Wood Classic. Brownwood plays Burnet in the Gordon Wood Classic and Sweetwater in the Sammy Baugh Classic.

Black_Magic
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by barney rubble
I dont' know about the other games, but I know y'all aren't playing Brownwood in the Gordon Wood Classic. Brownwood plays Burnet in the Gordon Wood Classic and Sweetwater in the Sammy Baugh Classic. its a little confusion on his part. Sweetwater is Playing Decatur in Brownwood. Maybe they are playing BWood in the Sammy baugh at sweetwater.

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
I think both schools wanted to make a meeting happen it probably just wasn't able to happen due to prior comittments by both teams. What I'm saying is, they thought they'd be in the same district again and started making plans as such and then got split up. After the realignment the open holes in the schedules simply didn't match up. No big deal really. Don't expect this seperation to last more than 2 years.

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Damn! Just what we needed. Someone
to come on here with an unbiased
opinion that makes alot of sense :D .