PDA

View Full Version : Old Card, did Bridge City play Jasper today?

j_dog
02-27-2004, 01:19 AM
I saw in the Enterprise that they were both to play at the LCM tournament. Tournament results? Thanks.

ALLSPORTSGUY
02-27-2004, 07:37 AM
j_dog:
I saw in the Enterprise that they were both to play at the LCM tournament. Tournament results? Thanks.I'm not old card but yes they did play and Jasper won 6-1. I wasn't there but I heard Yeates pitched and he looked really good. Someone for Jasper hit a grand slam not sure who it was though.

Old Cardinal
02-27-2004, 12:36 PM
It was a good game, but the four run score on the grand slam was the key factor. It was anyone's ball game up till then..The batter ahead of Yeates hit the home run, I did not get the name. Both of these teams are filled with good players. I would say that which ever gets the home runs in clutch situations will win. I sure enjoyed the game.

<small>[ February 27, 2004, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

j_dog
02-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the reports. This was probably not the only time Jasper and BC will play this year.

Were there any games played today? Final games?

Old Cardinal
02-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Have you got any scores from the Tournament at LCM? I have been in Houston yesterday evening throught this evening and have not received any word....Whoever wins this tournament has really done something...

Old Cardinal
02-28-2004, 06:09 PM
5:30 pm--- Last inning Bridge City 8 HJ 4 for 3rd place....Jasper will play LC-M for the championship following this game. Other scores during this tournament--BC 7 H-F 0....LCM 5 BC 4....H-J beat H-F....evidently Jasper beat H-J...

j_dog
02-28-2004, 10:40 PM
per the Port Arthur News:

LC-M downs Jasper 4-2

LITTLE CYPRESS -- Senior pitchers Dereck Cloeren and Shon Landry of Little Cypress-Mauriceville combined for a three-hit, 4-2, win over Jasper Friday at the Don Gibbens Tournament.

Cloeren was 3 for 3 at the plate with two RBI and got the victory with four innings of work with one earned run, two hits and five strikeouts. Landry worked the final three innings giving up one hit, one walk and struck out one batter.