PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on #25 Sweetwater

sm51
07-02-2002, 05:46 PM
I was wonderin what all the people on this site thought about the #25 state ranked Sweetwater Mustangs.

bearcat1
07-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Info regarding region 1 teams can be found from the main page, click the region 1 link and then the district links that you wanna visit. I think sweetwater has a strong chance this year, as I have thought the past couple of seasons, I just hope they keep their momentum going, especially as the regular season winds to a close.
bc

bearcat1
07-02-2002, 10:02 PM
PS Mustang Bowl is one of my fav stadiums, I hope to make a road trip to catch s'water sometime this season. Which game would you suggest?? I'll be travelin from Fort Worth and I wanna attend a good one!
bc

sm51
07-02-2002, 10:32 PM
I would say the district opener against Snyder it will be an awsome game to attend. We had to rebuild our offensive line. So it will be interesting to see how they can hold up against Snyder. It will be a good and close game if you want to see the best.

hsguru
07-02-2002, 10:47 PM
Or the Wylie game but im not exactly sure of the date but i think it is 9/28. The turf ought to make the Mustang Bowl a top Notch facility.

Eagle 00
07-02-2002, 10:49 PM
According to Ram Sweetwater plays Snyder in Snyder.

wildstangs
07-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by bearcat1:
PS Mustang Bowl is one of my fav stadiums, I hope to make a road trip to catch s'water sometime this season. Which game would you suggest?? I'll be travelin from Fort Worth and I wanna attend a good one!
bc

Come to the Wylie game. I am pretty sure Wylie is at home on Sept. 27th, and the district opener is the next week in Snyder. The turf is coming along!

vet93
07-03-2002, 10:00 AM
I truly believe that Sweetwater has the potential to take the region in division II. The limiting factors will be: 1. Will they have a mental lapse or letdown during the season? Last year, they struggled some during district but stepped it up during the playoffs. 2. Will they be able to develop an offensive line that can create enough room for Carrillo and company. Carrillo can carry a team even with a mediocre o-line, but he alone cannot win the region. Carrillo coupled with a dominating o-line could dominate. 3. I have said all along that Carrillo is somewhat selfish with the ball. There is good reason for him to feel this way because it is easier to want to do the job yourself when you have his ability. However, the mark of a truly dominating option quarterback centers around not only your ability to run the football yourself, but also your ability to spread the ball around to your teamates in a way that maximizes their success. A great option quarterback will make stars out of the people around them. 4. Sweetwater needs a stingier defense. I feel that the offense will put alot of points on the board, but they have to be able to stop the other team, particularly in the playoffs. If they had had a dominating defense last year they would have won the region in my opinion. If Sweetwater can answer these four questions...then look out!

sm51
07-03-2002, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry yall i wasn't thinking Sweetwater vs. Snyder is in Snyder. I agree you need to come to the home game against Wylie. It'll be a very good game.

bearcat1
07-14-2002, 12:34 PM
sept 27, I will plan on traveling to sweetwater to catch the wylie game. I will talk with matt, j2k, & Toby... maybe we will make this our first downlow road trip of the season...
bc

Originally posted by sm51:
I'm sorry yall i wasn't thinking Sweetwater vs. Snyder is in Snyder. I agree you need to come to the home game against Wylie. It'll be a very good game.

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 14, 2002).]

whsfan
07-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Do you think that Wylie will have the guns to stay with Sweetwater this year? Sweetwater looks like they are going to be very strong!

sept 27, I will plan on traveling to sweetwater to catch the wylie game. I will talk with matt, j2k, & Toby... maybe we will make this our first downlow road trip of the season...
bc

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 14, 2002).]

bearcat1
07-14-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by whsfan:
Do you think that Wylie will have the guns to stay with Sweetwater this year? Sweetwater looks like they are going to be very strong!

AW has good size as well. Both programs look to replace a few starters on both sides. it will be a very good game. I don't wanna make my pick just yet.
bc

FBFAN
07-14-2002, 09:55 PM
I agree that the S'water/Wylie game will be another great one. Hard to beat the "classic" game they treated us fans to last year! District Championship on the line, Wylie playing their first game in Mustang Bowl, an overflow crowd, and Wylie's Danny Ruth had a huge game that night and the Bulldogs prevailed in a hard fought game. This year, Wylie is without Ruth, Ensor and Lampert, among other great ones who graduated, and yet Wylie usually has good depth. Carillo is almost impossible to get ahold of, and if they have some others come through for them, I'd say the edge might have to go to S'water this year. Will definitely be a hyped up game, and on "turf" this year!!

Matthew328
07-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Wylie Sweetwater will be a great one...I'd love to make the trip to Sweetwater...I love the Mustang Bowl...of course the only time I have been there my beloved Everman Bulldogs were smoked 35-6 by Sweetwater in the 92 4A regional semis..LOL But Sep 27 Everman and Kennedale play...what to do what to do...LOL

wildstangs
07-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Aww, come on out to Sweetwater. Everman will smoke Kennedale.

whsfan
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
A Fall football game between to good football teams at a great stadium. How much better can it get?

Originally posted by wildstangs:
Aww, come on out to Sweetwater. Everman will smoke Kennedale.

wildstangs
07-15-2002, 07:41 PM
No kidding, it doesnt beat that. Wish it would hurry up!

Originally posted by whsfan:
A Fall football game between to good football teams at a great stadium. How much better can it get?

bearcat1
07-15-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs:
No kidding, it doesnt beat that. Wish it would hurry up!

I agree! and i am going!
bc

SintonFan
07-16-2002, 02:18 AM
Man, yall even got me wanting to attend! How long is it from SA? Too bad you, the administrators, couldn't make some money off this website. This way you all (or some or one) could attend a "game of the week" during the season. It would be nice to fly close to the game (if it's far) and be picked up by a local fan that'll get you there. This way the whole state is covered and we get great coverage of each said game. Oh sorry, that's MY fantasy...

vet93
07-16-2002, 08:20 AM
Sintonfan...I would think that the drive would be about 4.5 to 5 hours from San Antonio to Sweetwater. It would be kind of fun if we had a little mini-meeting of Downlow people at the game. Wildstangs would probably take us all out to dinner and we could stay at his house!!!

Originally posted by SintonFan:
Man, yall even got me wanting to attend! How long is it from SA? Too bad you, the administrators, couldn't make some money off this website. This way you all (or some or one) could attend a "game of the week" during the season. It would be nice to fly close to the game (if it's far) and be picked up by a local fan that'll get you there. This way the whole state is covered and we get great coverage of each said game. Oh sorry, that's MY fantasy...

bearcat1
07-16-2002, 11:03 AM
I love it! Fly us to a game of the week!! lol. Hey you are right, we could all stay at wildstang's house, and he would have all of us wonderful people to celebrate with him (eat his food) or console him ("man, yall are sorry" LOL). How big is your house ws?? lol
bc

Originally posted by vet93:
Sintonfan...I would think that the drive would be about 4.5 to 5 hours from San Antonio to Sweetwater. It would be kind of fun if we had a little mini-meeting of Downlow people at the game. Wildstangs would probably take us all out to dinner and we could stay at his house!!!

spiderman
07-16-2002, 11:32 AM
All of you could tailgate with us before the game!

wildstangs
07-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Lol, ya'll arent all staying at my house and eating all of our food. Heck, I will prolly go back to Abilene after the game. But, I think we all should get together before the game and eat at Bucks or Jacks.

I love it! Fly us to a game of the week!! lol. Hey you are right, we could all stay at wildstang's house, and he would have all of us wonderful people to celebrate with him (eat his food) or console him ("man, yall are sorry" LOL). How big is your house ws?? lol
bc

Wildcat2004
07-16-2002, 06:29 PM
The Badwater Mustangs better watch out. Talken bad about Kennedale. Dont be bitter about last year. Everman will not smoke out Kennedale either. Everman won state LAST year so that dosent mean crap about this year. Kennedale has some playas comin back too. Check out Heartlandrecruiting.com. Matthew328 we know you a Everman fan but if yall think it gonna be a walk in the park then you got something coming. Watch and see Everman vs. Kennedale 1st district game.

Jacket2000
07-16-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat2004:
The Badwater Mustangs better watch out. Talken bad about Kennedale. Dont be bitter about last year. Everman will not smoke out Kennedale either. Everman won state LAST year so that dosent mean crap about this year. Kennedale has some playas comin back too. Check out Heartlandrecruiting.com. Matthew328 we know you a Everman fan but if yall think it gonna be a walk in the park then you got something coming. Watch and see Everman vs. Kennedale 1st district game.

Ok, what's with the English skills (or lack there of) of some of the posters lately? At first it was funny, but now it's just sad.
Oh, by the way; Everman 43, Kennedale 14.
J2K

wildstangs
07-16-2002, 10:16 PM
Heck, I am not bitter about last year. I was just saying that Everman will smoke Kennedale. I think Everman would smoke almost every 3A team in the state, including my "badwater mustangs"

Originally posted by Wildcat2004:

spirate_9
07-16-2002, 10:46 PM
I can think of a few that they wouldn't smoke.