02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Cleveland
Cleveland Tarkington
Coldspring-Oakhurst
Houston Yes College Prep (only bball)
Liberty
Shepard
Splendora

Honestly, I think it got a little bit easier for Liberty to make the playoffs, no offense to Coldspring and Shepard but they aint no Barber's Hill or Huffman.....oh yah isnt Coldspring the team Liberty fights w/ a lot? outa make for some interesting games, but i think most of those kids are gone for now.....and the Prep school, ***? they are gonna have a long drive (compared to most east texas schools, not u poor guys out in west texas) to go play some ball and they only play bball so r they good or what? i mean some prep schools have good athletic depts but r only good at some sports (like Bellaire in Houston in baseball) but suck at others and other prep schools r strictly academic and play sports more to get the PE credit, whats their story?

on a side note, for the first time in my life my highschool (Baytown Sterling 21-5a) is in a district where they can compete for playoff contention, albeit a weaker district (only 3 powers in Humble, Port Arthur and Baytown Lee as apposed to the 5 they were competeting against) now but they should have experience after having to play state powers the past 10 years it seems...of course one of the 3 r gonna have to have a down year but a lot better than trying to get 3 schools to have down years esp when they still win most of the time in their down years.....ok i know no one cares about 5a on this site but i do since i went to school there...

oh and Waco moved down to 4a, wow im thinking they r gonna have some fun in there...they were traditionally a great 5a program...

and what is with not putting Barber's Hill and Dayton in the same district in 4a???? You can throw a rock from Barber's Hill and hit Dayton and they rnt in the same district? ***? that could potentially be a great rivalry but they screwed that up....