PDA

View Full Version : Remembering 1972 - District 6

CenTexSports
02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
If you put in Weatherford, Stephenville, and Brownwood in next years District 6 , you would have the 3a district I played in back in 1972.

STANG RED
02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
If you put in Weatherford, Stephenville, and Brownwood in next years District 6 , you would have the 3a district I played in back in 1972.

Really? I thought Graham was in the district with Sweetwater, Snyder, San Angelo Lakeview, Lubbock Estacado, & Lubbock Dunbar, back then.

CenTexSports
02-02-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't think so but I could be wrong.

DaHop72
02-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Really? I thought Graham was in the district with Sweetwater, Snyder, San Angelo Lakeview, Lubbock Estacado, & Lubbock Dunbar, back then.
Stang, I think he's right. I don't remember Graham being in our district then.

STANG RED
02-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I know we played Graham in 74 & 75 for sure. I just assumed they had always been there before that.
Now my little old brain hurts from trying to remember that far back.

I just remembered! Lamesa was in our district back then also.

Phantom Stang
02-02-2006, 01:52 PM
I know we played Graham in 74 & 75 for sure. I just assumed they had always been there before that.

I believe Graham was a pre-district game at the time.:thinking:

DaHop72
02-02-2006, 01:53 PM

Yea, you keep forgetting your wife robbed the cradle don't you.

GreenMonster
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
You old farts need to stop reminiscing and catch up with the times. The days of yesteryear are gone forever.

STANG RED
02-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Yea, you keep forgetting your wife robbed the cradle don't you.

Didnt we already have this discussion once Hop? I believe we established that you old guys just couldnt hang, so I had to come in and take care of business for you, didnt we? Thats how I remember it anyway.

STANG RED
02-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You old farts need to stop reminiscing and catch up with the times. The days of yesteryear are gone forever.

Easy there GM! Go take some Geretol, and call me in the morning.

Phantom Stang
02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
When it comes to High School Football, no one's as glad the 70's are gone as us Sweetwater fans!!:D

lostaussie
02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
When it comes to High School Football, no one's as glad the 70's are gone as us Sweetwater fans!!:D i don't know. gilmer pretty happy also. we sucked big time back then. i would have to check, but i would venture to say we may not have averaged 2 wins a season for the entire decade.

DaHop72
02-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Didnt we already have this discussion once Hop? I believe we established that you old guys just couldnt hang, so I had to come in and take care of business for you, didnt we? Thats how I remember it anyway.
Kids, no respect for their elders.:D :D