Bridge City
Hamshire Fannett
Jasper
Kirbyville
Silsbee
Hardin Jefferson
West Orange Stark
Orangefield

Thanks UIL, us little guys really appreciate this.

JasperDog94
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Man, that district is going to be a slug-fest.

JasperDog94
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
At least 4 if not 5 teams from that district would win district 22. This is a shocker to me.

AggieJohn
02-02-2006, 10:16 AM
i'm still undecided on liberty's new district...they have a basketball only team

Cat22
02-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Six of those teams made the playoffs last year and the other two tied for third but missed out because of points. This really hurts our program here in OF. We just don't have the numbers to compete in this district. This really sucks.

j_dog
02-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Man, that district is going to be a slug-fest.
Yeah, and some good teams will have to stay home come playoffs. And it is probably going to throw two "big" schools down into Div II each year. Just wait for the squawking!

Cat22
02-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Breithaupt is lucky I'm not in the same room with him right now!!! I bet his ears are burning this morning. It's funny how the numbers fell just right to get his hometown of Buna in 2A.

Cardinalbb
02-02-2006, 10:30 AM
At least 4 if not 5 teams from that district would win district 22. This is a shocker to me.

Not only district 22, but probly 98% of the other districts in the state as well!!

wos fan1
02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Had a feeling the UIL was going to do this!! There will be some good teams left at home!!

j_dog
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Cat22
Six of those teams made the playoffs last year and the other two tied for third but missed out because of points. This really hurts our program here in OF. We just don't have the numbers to compete in this district. This really sucks.
Yes, I agree, it does. It is going to be a dog and cat fight (pun intended) for the top three spots. That means five teams will have to stay home. There are some other eight team districts, but there are many with fewer teams also. Many will only have 2 or 3 teams staying home.

strike hard
02-02-2006, 11:46 AM
It will be interesting to see how this district will turn out. These will be some great games.

worldbfree
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Breithaupt is lucky I'm not in the same room with him right now!!! I bet his ears are burning this morning. It's funny how the numbers fell just right to get his hometown of Buna in 2A.

I love the conspiracy theories surrounding Breithaupt every year. Used to be that he took care of Kountze because Sutherland was there or he took care of HJ because he coached there. Now he is "taking care" of Buna because that is where he is from. When I coached at Tatum we missed 2A by two people. He didn't take care of me. It is all such a load of crap!

Cat22
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
It's just funny that his hometown turns in 413 and the cutoff is 415. Makes you wonder!!

worldbfree
02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
It's just funny that his hometown turns in 413 and the cutoff is 415. Makes you wonder!!

Someone says something every year. When they moved HJ out of Kountze's district they said it was because he coached there. When they moved Kountze out of Buna's district it was he was because he was from Buna and one of his former players coached there. Odd thing is they moved Kountze (where one of his former assts. coached) into HJ's district (where he used to coach and one of his former players was the head coach) and out of Buna's district (where he is from and one of his former player's coached). Who was he purposely trying to "take care of" there?

It is all absurd!

Cat22
02-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Whatever you say, but Buna did get some home cooking!!!

worldbfree
02-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Whatever you say, but Buna did get some home cooking!!!

I would suggest you do some research on how the reclassification is done. They don't even know the names of the schools until after the classifications have been decided. Once the schools have been placed in classifications through a numerical assignment program then districts are decided based on travel. TRAVEL is the biggest issue in all of realignment due to budget constraints that most schools are facing today.

NSUTrumpet08
02-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Wow...i didn't see this one coming! Looks like they just chunked all the Southeast Texas 3As into one huge district...good luck to everyone because it's going to be one tough district!

Cat22
02-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
I would suggest you do some research on how the reclassification is done. They don't even know the names of the schools until after the classifications have been decided. Once the schools have been placed in classifications through a numerical assignment program then districts are decided based on travel. TRAVEL is the biggest issue in all of realignment due to budget constraints that most schools are facing today.

Sorry Mr. Breithaupt, you obviously know all the ins and outs of the UIL!!

worldbfree
02-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Sorry Mr. Breithaupt, you obviously know all the ins and outs of the UIL!!

I am familiar with how the system works. Being a coach, you research and find these things out over the years. Doesn't hurt to have some pretty good connections to the UIL either.

Cat22
02-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Thats all I'm saying is that Buna has a pretty good connection with the UIL!!

worldbfree
02-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Thats all I'm saying is that Buna has a pretty good connection with the UIL!!

And all I am saying is that your statement is ludacris. If he were "taking care" of people don't you think he would have sent HJ to another district besides this one. His former asst. is the head coach and 4 of his former players are employed and run the school district.

And you fail to acknowledge what I stated earlier. After enrollments are in, each school is assigned a number. The schools are put into classifications based on number of schools per classification and the attempt to make the smallest number no less than half the largest number in each. Once they have the numbers worked out........then........and only then.......do they reveal the names of the schools in order to re-district them according to travel.

Cat22
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Man you sure do know the process. I feel enlightened. Thanks!

Tiger90
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I seriously doubt it was a favor to Buna. They will struggle in any classification. WBF works at HJ not in Austin.

As far as the district is concerned, I like it. It will be competitive every week. Sad for the small schools however. Silsbee returns alot of players, Jasper is always good, and WOS...well you know how that goes. As of right now Silsbee, Jasper, and WOS take football. Silsbee, HJ, and WOS take basketball. BC,Jasper, and WOS take baseball.

Crimestick
02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm taking WO-S, Jasper and BC in football next year. BC demolished Jasper last year, and most of the team is coming back.

JasperDog94
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
I'm taking WO-S, Jasper and BC in football next year. BC demolished Jasper last year, and most of the team is coming back. Do understand though that our first QB left us high and dry for Dibol and our next QB had the flu. Not saying BC isn't a great team, but I doubt the result will be the same this next year.

SHS
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm taking WO-S, Jasper and BC in football next year. BC demolished Jasper last year, and most of the team is coming back.

Don't know where you get your facts from but BC is losing 15 starters(straight from coach tarver), only thing they woulod have goin for them is there QB

Crimestick
02-02-2006, 04:29 PM
He was pretty much the team last year.

SHS
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
He was pretty much the team last year.

Yeah but armand helped tremendously

Tiger90
02-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I will go ahead and say it......BC won't make the playoffs.:devil:

Crimestick
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
And I say they're a shoo in... :)

JasperDog94
02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Awwwwww Yeeeeeeaaahhhhh...the smack talk has already started. I love it!:)

Tiger90
02-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok ok....IF and that is a BBBIIIGGG IF BC makes the playoffs......Jasper messed up. :tongue:

SHS
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
no team is a shoe in for 1st in district, its going to be a fight

wos fan1
02-02-2006, 05:52 PM
To early for that! It will be a exciting District..

Cardinalbb
02-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
Ok ok....IF and that is a BBBIIIGGG IF BC makes the playoffs......Jasper messed up. :tongue:

Jasper messed up? Please.....I know we are all homers here, but Silsbee will be bouncing the ball before Jasper, BC, or WOS will. As far as the post of the Jasper BC playoff game.......believe it or not, I agree. I think the outcome would have been different or alot closer. Whatever happens, one thing is for sure. It will not be a cake walk in district play. The top four teams had better watch out and not slip up and get beat by one of the other four teams, or your season is really over!! This year....this district....anything could happen!

X21AAAPlayer
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
O'field will knock off the silsbee tigers:) But my top three are Bc, Wos and Jasper.

Hupernikomen
02-03-2006, 12:07 AM
I predict we will have many threads next year in the 100 post range :)

bulldogbark
02-03-2006, 12:18 AM
instead of two seperat districts and 3 teams talking smack now we got 6 teams that will be talking smack .......it will be hard to get anything in edgewise:D when does pre-smack begin....i got to make sure to warm up properly this year;)

JasperDog94
02-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Man, all we need now is some Kirbyville posters on here talking about how they don't get any respect.;)

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
when does pre-smack begin....i got to make sure to warm up properly this year;)
I believe it started yesterday, approximately 9:01 a.m. :D

bulldogbark
02-03-2006, 08:30 AM
oh yeah forgot about my lust hate for the old wildcats....hit and run victims . You hit em and they run:D

Tiger90
02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Man, all we need now is some Kirbyville posters on here talking about how they don't get any respect.;)

I dunno....at this point that win over Jasper 2 years back won't carry much weight.

pantherpop
02-03-2006, 05:59 PM
This is one powerful district. Gonna be some great district games between these schools and even though there will be a couple of good teams left out in the cold come playoff time there's gonna be a lotta excitement during the season.

piratebg
02-03-2006, 06:04 PM
That district looks like it is gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Too bad that only 3 can advance. Good luck to everyone.

AggiesAreWe
02-03-2006, 09:46 PM
I'll take a $3 exacta box on Silsbee, WOS, and Jasper. Also, give me a $3 trifecta box on the same three plus BC. I'll take this the next 2 years with a $3 longshot ticket on Kirbyville in 07.

exbccards76'smom
02-04-2006, 06:11 AM
We are losing 15 starters, BUT we have a big class of Juniors that also played that should return. But, you can never tell what will happen. This is going to be a very competitive district

bulldogbark
02-04-2006, 09:03 AM
well hello mom long time no see! hope everything is doing fine.