PDA

View Full Version : Phil C! (softball)

pirate4state
02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted! I just found it, say it isn't so Phil?

Texas suspends Willis indefinitely :eek:
AUSTIN — Texas softball catcher Megan Willis has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules, coach Connie Clark said.

Willis, the Longhorns' starter the last two seasons, earned All-Big 12 honors last year when Texas won the conference tournament and advanced to the Women's College World Series.

Clark announced the suspension in a statement Monday night. She did not say what rule Willis violated.

"We have team rules and every member of our program is held accountable for them," Clark said.

Texas opens the season Feb. 10 at the Kajikawa Classic in Tempe, Ariz.

___

January 31, 2006 - 9:24 a.m. CST

link (http://www.statesman.com/search/content/gen/ap/SOF_Texas_Catcher_Suspended.html)

Phil C
02-01-2006, 04:46 PM
It is true but hopefully things will work out and she can return to the team. It is a shame. This is CAT's last chance for an NC and the team should be working to help her get it. We have possible the best pitcher ever but she can't win it by herself.

Bell_06
02-03-2006, 01:58 AM
I didn't think Coach Clark would ever put rules above a win. Good for her, there are many good athletes waiting for their chance to earn a spot on the team. Athletes who are willing to abide by the team and school rules. I applaud her for making a stand, wish more coaches would.