PDA

View Full Version : Remember this name....

lepfan
02-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Gerald McCoy!!!

injuredinmelee
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
For???

lepfan
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
For??? Football, what else? ;) :)

Buccaneer
02-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Is he the real McCoy?

Ranger Mom
02-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Is he the real McCoy?

:D :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
02-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I heard one of the Hatfield kids had a better scholarship offer.

lostaussie
02-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Gerald McCoy!!! tell us more about the McCoy boy...................

lepfan
02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/1749328/?template=sports/main

I had another link...but I did not want to post it...uhmmmm, he was doing the hook'em thingy upside down and I did not want to ruffle feathers.:)

oops, I did not notice the video had that in it....they just want that RR win this year...they don't like losing that one ;)

Pmoney
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
http://www.newsok.com/article/1749328/?template=sports/main

I had another link...but I did not want to post it...uhmmmm, he was doing the hook'em thingy upside down and I did not want to ruffle feathers.:)
you have to register to see the link

lepfan
02-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
you have to register to see the link
let me e-mail, cut, and paste here.....

Phil C
02-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Man this gives us more ammunition to use at the UT vs OU game. This is a great motivator for our team just like when AP decided to go to OU to play for NCs. :)

http://www.soonerexpress.com/OUphotos/mccoy1.JPG

lepfan
02-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Man this gives us more ammunition to use at the UT vs OU game. This is a great motivator for our team just like when AP decided to go to OU to play for NCs. :)

http://www.soonerexpress.com/OUphotos/mccoy1.JPG Like I said....UT has the same desire to whoop the pants off OU....OU is coming off a loss to UT in the RR shootout so they are fired up...as I am sure UT would be if they were coming off a loss :) I really don't want to beat this dead horse anymore

Phil....I like the other photo of him better...the one where he is holding the football....

lostaussie
02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
where is he from?

AggieJohn
02-01-2006, 05:53 PM
that's like when gremon coffman decided to go to a&m over the sooners, he wore OU paraphenailia into the press conference and took it all off and had a aggie shirt on underneath

these kids love the dramatics

Buccaneer
02-01-2006, 06:03 PM
McCoy signs with OU

The Oklahoman

Gerald McCoy, one of the most decorated Oklahoma high school football players in recent history, has chosen his college.

Show Video

File photo by Nate Billings
McCoy will play at Oklahoma. McCoy, a defensive lineman from Southeast High School in Oklahoma City, made his announcement Wednesday, the first day players could sign binding letters of intent.

McCoy was one of the recruiting biggest prizes left undecided when Wednesday began.

The 6-foot-4, 295-pound senior was USA Today's National Defensive Player of the Year. He was also named to the Parade All-American, EA Sports All-American and Army All-American teams.

McCoy had been recruited by every major program in the country. He chose Oklahoma over USC. He recently eliminated Notre Dame and LSU from consideration.

McCoy is ranked the No. 4 overall player in the country by Rivals.com and No. 1 at his position, according to scout.com.

During his senior year at Southeast, McCoy collected 80 tackles and 18 sacks

lepfan
02-02-2006, 12:52 AM
"McCoy is the highest ranked player to come out of the Sooner State since Robert Meachem is physically ready to make an instant impact in college." -Jeremy Crabtree, Rivals.com

"Gerald has great quickness off the ball, and he's persistent as far as chasing down the ball. " -Ardmore coach Mike Loyd

"We tried to run away from him all game. On one play we ran a counter away from him and he split the double team and threw our running back like a ragdoll for about an 8 yard loss." -Ardmore coach Mike Loyd

"He's one of those players in the state that is just top flight. When he wants to get to the ball, he's unblockable." -Ardmore coach Mike Loyd