PDA

View Full Version : My Vegas Poll

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
ONE MORE TRY!!!

I did this back last August and I will do it again...posting a poll for people to help me decide that is! However this time it's just me going and I will be playing a lot of poker while there...so the resorts being considered factor into my decision. All of them have very good poker rooms other than TI...which doesn't have a room.

Also, when you vote let me know if I should stay for 2 or 3 nights. The "+ #" that is next to each name is the additional cost of my trip that I will have for staying for 3 nights instead of 2...

Crimestick
01-31-2006, 09:24 PM
How much time do you plan to spend in your room or even your hotel? The Mirage is the cheapest hotel that is dead center on the strip. Everything is in walking distance.

ILS1
01-31-2006, 09:43 PM
I would say Caesar's. It's centrally located on The Strip. I love the theme and the atmosphere there. Plus,I usually have good luck there!!! I might go in October. Good luck!!

:D :D

injuredinmelee
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
dude you got to stay at a cheapy hotel or go through expedia. You stay cheap like Circus Circus then hop a cab down to caesars or MGM. Save money on the room and use it to play with. IF I get to go without the mrs again ever in my life im staying cheapy

Crimestick
01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Mirage is next door to Caesar's and $40 less per night! Guess what? You only have to be at YOUR hotel TO SLEEP!

GreenMonster
01-31-2006, 11:11 PM
The Aladdin/Planet Hollywood is :

A. The Cheapest on the list
B. Right across the street from the Belagio Fountain which is also right next door to Ceasars.
C. I thought that you stated earlier that you planned to spend most of your time playing poker in the Belagio. Being right across the street makes for a short walk back to the room.

All in all, if you plan to spend very little time in your room take the cheap one. Save those greenbacks for the tables.

injuredinmelee
02-01-2006, 08:37 AM
and save me a seat! EXPEDIA my friend

Adidas410s
02-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
The Aladdin/Planet Hollywood is :

A. The Cheapest on the list
B. Right across the street from the Belagio Fountain which is also right next door to Ceasars.
C. I thought that you stated earlier that you planned to spend most of your time playing poker in the Belagio. Being right across the street makes for a short walk back to the room.

All in all, if you plan to spend very little time in your room take the cheap one. Save those greenbacks for the tables.

K to clarify a few things on the trip. I plan to play poker...but not exclusively at Bellagio. Caesars has a new room that they just opened up in December and it is awesome. My biggest worry with staying at Aladdin is a lot of reviews that I have read lately said that it's so cheap right now because of the construction going on inside.

Also, I am using some of my refund to pay for the hotel/airfare so it's somewhat "treating myself." My money from poker is coming strictly out of my bankroll that I have built up since we went last August. Poker has been quite good to me lately...:)

Also, I am probably going to book this trip through www.USAirvacations.com. Their rates are $100+ cheaper per hotel than any other site that I can find. The only thing that was even close was MGM through Expedia I believe...other than that the USAir was A LOT cheaper. It's not my first choice...but when I can save 20% plus...one can't complain

Stretch04
02-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I know you are going through a travel agent, but get online and stay at the Boardwalk or Imperial Palace. Cheap rooms, right near everything.

shellman54
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Me and my fiancee went back in August, and stayed at the Mirage. It is right in the middle of everything. New York, New York, Bellagio, and MGM to one side, TI, Wynn, and Circus Circus to the other. One note: buy a one day ticket one the monorail, its only $10, and it will take you a lot of places you don't feel like walking to!!!

Adidas410s
02-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04
I know you are going through a travel agent, but get online and stay at the Boardwalk or Imperial Palace. Cheap rooms, right near everything.

I'm not using a travel agent...booking this all on my own. I just take an hour or so and put together a big spreadsheet with rates from everybody with all of the hotels I want to consider staying at.

Btw...Boardwalk recently closed their doors...

Stretch04
02-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Did not know Boardwalk shut down. Thanks for the info. It has been almost 3 years since I was there.

necks
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Stay at Bellagio with a great fountain view......cant go wrong

KTJ
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Did you ever answer my question a while back?

Adidas410s
02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Did you ever answer my question a while back?

there is no question to answer...

Adidas410s
02-01-2006, 06:58 PM
K well I booked Caesars....I got 3 nights and airfare for under $500. Considering that every other place I looked was running $700+ and the rooms alone are $420+ tax on their website...I think I did ok all things considered!

Bulldog_12
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Have you checked the flamingo? I stayed there and it wasnt too bad. I would recommend that, but if not go cheapest because we didnt spend much time in the room. I only went there to sleep.