PDA

View Full Version : Who has seen the movie...

injuredinmelee
01-31-2006, 09:47 AM
... Crash? I was impressed. I had heard some good things about it and was hesitant to go off of others recommendations but I did finally watch it Saturday and I have to say it is one of the best movies I have seen in along long time. Maybe in my top ten. It was so easy to get into the characters and their personas.

pirate44
01-31-2006, 09:48 AM
its on my list for the next trip to Hollywood Video

STANG RED
01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
I hadnt even heard of it till the award shows started giving it so much attention. Now I want to see it.

District303aPastPlayer
01-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I hadnt even heard of it till the award shows started giving it so much attention. Now I want to see it.

IN MY OPINION it will be a great two hours you spend watching it...

injuredinmelee
01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I got it on Netflix and am at this very second burning it. There arent many movies in my own opinion that are worth owning but this is one of them.

Consequently here is my top ten
1. Red Dawn
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Gladiator
4. Dead Poets Society
5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
6. Crash
7. Rooster Cogburn
8. Office Space
9. Gone With the Wind
10. I am SAM

Ranger Mom
01-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I got it on Netflix and am at this very second burning it. There arent many movies in my own opinion that are worth owning but this is one of them.

1. Red Dawn
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Gladiator
4. Dead Poets Society
6. Crash
7. Rooster Cogburn
8. Office Space
9. Gone With the Wind
10. I am SAM

WOW...out of your top 10, I have only seen 3.

Red Dawn
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Gone With the Wind

District303aPastPlayer
01-31-2006, 10:02 AM
ive seen :
Good Will Hunting
Gladiator
Dead Poets Society
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Crash

JasperDog94
01-31-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Red Dawn
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Gone With the Wind You owe it to yourself to watch Dead Poets Society. It's a great flick.

piratebg
Seen them all except for Crash and Rooster Cogburn

STANG RED

Red Dawn
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Gone With the Wind

You have missed some great movies then. I havnt seen Office Space or I Am Sam either though. Now I guess I will have to see them to.

lostaussie
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
i thought everyone had seen rooster cogburn

Ranger Mom
01-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie

Why does Rooster Cogburn and the Lady sound familiar to me...is it the same movie?? With Katherine Hepburn?

If so, I have seen it!

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2006, 10:10 AM

1. Red Dawn
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Gladiator
4. Dead Poets Society
6. Crash
7. Rooster Cogburn
8. Office Space
9. Gone With the Wind
10. I am SAM
I've seen all but Crash and I am SAM. I wasn't that impressed with Dead Poet Society, but then it might've been the mood I was in when I watched it. Office Space is pure greatness...."I'm gonna need you to work on Saturday, k?" ROFLMAO! (LHPD bought me a red Swingline stapler not too long ago...)

pirate4state
01-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Crash was a good movie. I know we've discussed it before. I tried searching for the thread, but I got nothing. :(

Anyone who has ever worked in a cubicle must watch Office Space!!! :thumbsup: :D Even if you haven't worked in a cubicle you must watch Office Space!!! :nerd:

"Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements. " LMAO!

piratebg
01-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie

Sorry, I havn't seen it, but I have seen Chicken Run. :D

Buccaneer
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
"We've noticed you have been missing work"

"I wouldn't say I have been missing it"

lostaussie
01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Why does Rooster Cogburn and the Lady sound familiar to me...is it the same movie?? With Katherine Hepburn?

If so, I have seen it! thats the one

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

"I wouldn't say I have been missing it"
:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
01-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Crash was a good movie. I know we've discussed it before. I tried searching for the thread, but I got nothing. :(

Anyone who has ever worked in a cubicle must watch Office Space!!! :thumbsup: :D Even if you haven't worked in a cubicle you must watch Office Space!!! :nerd:

"Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements. " LMAO!
:foul: All right! Now I'm going to have to drag it out and plug it in the VCR. :D

pirate4state
01-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer

"I wouldn't say I have been missing it" :D

"You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. " CLASSIC!!!

Maroon87
01-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D

"You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. " CLASSIC!!!

"Michael Bolton is a cool name."

"It WAS a cool name...until I was 12 and that no-talent a$$ clown started winning Grammys."

DaHop72
01-31-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"Michael Bolton is a cool name."

"It WAS a cool name...until I was 12 and that no-talent a$$ clown started winning Grammys."
Easy Jericho.:D :D

CHS_Grad '85
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM

1. Red Dawn
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Gladiator
4. Dead Poets Society
6. Crash
7. Rooster Cogburn
8. Office Space
9. Gone With the Wind
10. I am SAM How pathetic am I... I've seen all of these... lol

And Crash was a great movie... just make sure you have thick skin while watching it... lots of racial stereo typing... but very good movie...

pirate4state
01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: All right! Now I'm going to have to drag it out and plug it in the VCR. :D Well okay, but here is something just in case you can't do it right away :evillaugh

Bob: You see, what we're trying to do is get a feeling for how people spend their time at work so if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif

Bob Slydell: I'd like to move us right to Peter Gibbons. We had a chance to meet this young man, and boy that's just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
ROFLMAO!

injuredinmelee
01-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Red Dawn was pure adrenaline for me as a high school kid "WOLVERINES"

Ranger Mom
01-31-2006, 11:00 AM

No joke....my kids have never seen it either...I may have to rent it soon!

44INAROW
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM

was that the movie with the guys landing in parachutes on the school yard and those kids get guns from the house and take on the Russians themselves?

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
was that the movie with the guys landing in parachutes on the school yard and those kids get guns from the house and take on the Russians themselves?

I think it is....that very scene gave me nightmares.:eek:

SintonFan
01-31-2006, 04:16 PM
No joke....my kids have never seen it either...I may have to rent it soon!
Sometime you can buy this one at Wallyworld for about $7. It's worth it. Goodness I loved the 80's!:D

Go Cuero
01-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Crash was an excellent movie. We discussed it for months on another board I'm on and it was interesting because that board is women all around the world as far as Hungary. It's interesting to read other people's perspectives on things if they didn't grow up in the same area as you.

If you haven't seen it, you have to rent it. You won't regret it.

ILS1
01-31-2006, 05:35 PM
1. Red Dawn ( I loved it when I was teenager as well,saw it the other day and thought to myself,now WHY did I like this movie. Oh yeah, 2 very young and sexy girls in this movie,Jennifer Grey and Lea Thompson!!)

2. Good Will Hunting
" Do you like apples?"
Nodding "Yeah"
"Well,I got her number!! How do you like them apples??"

3. Gladiator ( Great action movie. Russell Crowe's best acting job,next to L.A. Confidential)

4. Dead Poets Society (Sorry,never seen it)

5. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (I was a HS teenager when this movie came out and wanted to BE Ferris Bueller!!! Two words: Mia Sara!!!! Yummy!!!)

6. Crash ( Haven't seen it yet but I will)

7. Rooster Cogburn ( Never could get in to the John Wayne movies,sorry)

8. Office Space (The funniest movie I've seen in a very long time. I was trapped in an office cube for 4 years,so I totally relate!!!)

9. Gone With the Wind
"Frankly my dear,I don't give a DAMN!!!"

10. I am SAM ( Never saw it but Sean Penn won an award for this movie)

mrescape43
01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I am Sam is really a terrific movie. You should see it.

Haunta Yo
01-31-2006, 08:20 PM
It's an exhausting movie and well worth the emotional investment. I don't think Crash was as much about racism as it was about judging others...
Dillon's confronting the young cop foreshadowing his eventual undoing.

Love to see them make a sequel involving some minor characters or show them a few years down the road...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Dead poets society is a GREAT movie. We watched in Sociology for a study, but i had seen it before. Its really great.

I havent seen Crash yet, but i want to soon!

formermbcouns
01-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
IN MY OPINION it will be a great two hours you spend watching it...

hmmm...red dawn? the rest are good