PDA

View Full Version : Vacation for One...

Adidas410s
01-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I need a break from life but none of my friends can go in the near future because of school or them having a real job. Other than Vegas...any suggestions?

Bullaholic
01-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I need a break from life but none of my friends can go in the near future because of school or them having a real job. Other than Vegas...any suggestions?

Well, I haven't been a bachelor in 36 years, Adidas--so I may be a poor reference---but some of the "younger" bucks seem to like some of the ski trips sponsored by reputable singles groups. If you got the cash---a Club Med cruise, perhaps.

big daddy russ
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I have a good buddy that took a singles cruise after he graduated college... went solo. If you're looking for something tropical during the winter, you could consider sailing south out of San Diego.

Also, some of my old surfing buddies may know of some good deals in South America. They're insiders on that kind of stuff. We used to stay in a little bungalow on the Pacific Coast of Mexico a little south of Ixtapa. We'd spend about $7 a day on room and board. Didn't have a/c and we basically lived with Mexican a family for a week or two, but it was cost effective, we had our own beds, and our windows faced the Pacific Ocean, not more than 50 yards away. Those guys know a lot of cheap little places like that down in South and Central America. You sink three or four times more into airfare than you do on room, board, drinks, and entertainment.

It's summer in Ecuador and it's always warm in Costa Rica. I'll make a call if that's your thing.

AggieJohn
01-30-2006, 09:19 PM

a string of sports events.....

olddawggreen
01-30-2006, 09:52 PM

If you live in Abiline just about anywhere east or south would be a break from life!:D :D

Chief Ohera
01-30-2006, 11:43 PM
my advice is to go to cancun for spring break, you don't even know what kind of broads are there, one word AMAZING, so if you are looking for some fun take a trip to CANCUN you won't be disappointed.
so until next time................................

Chief Ohera
01-30-2006, 11:49 PM
hey brother addias, ask your brother why he isn't going to cancun i hear that alot of his senior class is going, you need to go with them and supervise them, so they won't get thrown in jail.

so until next time...........................

SnyTigBaseB07
01-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Nah...screw cancun!

South Padre baby!!!
Thats where all the cool kids go!:D

Chief Ohera
01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
myself and some buddies have been there before and it was a complete riot, beer bottles everywhere fists pumping someone's drunk face and to make matters worse my driver that i went down there with got thrown in the drunk tank and was in there for three days, we had to bail him out with five grand, it was a very bad situation, and i will never ever go back there again, but i have to say that matamorus had some very good clubs.
so brothers,,,until next time..........

MHSvarsity2007
01-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Nah...screw cancun!

South Padre baby!!!
Thats where all the cool kids go!:D

then you probably shouldn't go... :D :D

SnyTigBaseB07
01-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
then you probably shouldn't go... :D :D

I'll be sure not to see you there as i'm partying with my underage friends in situations that could soon become an episode of the OC or Laguna Beach.
Thats right....i watch that.....:D

MHSvarsity2007
01-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
I'll be sure not to see you there as i'm partying with my underage friends in situations that could soon become an episode of the OC or Laguna Beach.
Thats right....i watch that.....:D

well that makes you cool if you watch laguna beach. :clap:

injuredinmelee
01-31-2006, 08:53 AM
hey lets plan a dlow Vegas trip!

pirate44
01-31-2006, 08:57 AM
its always refreshing to go hiking in the Big Bend. stay there for a week or 2 and cleanse the soul.

oh yeah, then go to vegas ;)

Ranger Mom
01-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

that could get......interesting!!:eek:

pirate4state
01-31-2006, 10:43 AM
hey lets plan a dlow Vegas trip! :eek: :eek: 2006 Downlow Convention in Vegas!!! :eek: :eek:

:thinking: Maybe we could get a group rate! :D

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Here's another idea (http://www.mazatlan.com.mx/city/zonador.htm)

Deep sea fishing and nightlife is great in Mazatlan. Also might consider Cabo San Lucas or Costa Rica if you enjoy the fishing thing.

I like the idea Russ had though, going to the less known places and living amongst the locals...

I also have friends in Costa Rica and could probably hook you up with an e-mail address, extremely nice middle-aged couple that made the move a couple of years ago from Aransas Pass. As a matter of fact, he just had his boat taken down to him during December. If nothing else, he could give you some useful information if you are interested.

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: 2006 Downlow Convention in Vegas!!! :eek: :eek:

:thinking: Maybe we could get a group rate! :D

i'm all for it! I've been doing a lot of rate looking to decide when I'm going to go. I wanted to go Feb 21-23 but rates are RIDICULOUS on 21st and 22nd. Like $400+ at Caesars and that's one of the few places that still has a room left...

44INAROW
01-31-2006, 11:43 AM
i'm all for it! I've been doing a lot of rate looking to decide when I'm going to go. I wanted to go Feb 21-23 but rates are RIDICULOUS on 21st and 22nd. Like $400+ at Caesars and that's one of the few places that still has a room left...

what's going on in late Feb to make the rates so high? It seems we usually end up going in Mid July and swearing we'll NEVER do that again...... :)

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what's going on in late Feb to make the rates so high? It seems we usually end up going in Mid July and swearing we'll NEVER do that again...... :)
I don't know what is making it so high those two days. I thought about going Feb 13-15 because rates are CHEAP!!!! Nothing like being in Vegas for Singles Awareness day. :rolleyes:

However I did commit to a friend of mine that I would go to the LBK for his birthday w/e Feb 24-25th so I may just take vacation from Saturday the 25th (Friday is my day off anyways) through the following Friday and go to Vegas maybe 26-28th or something. By then I will definitely have my refund check and my nice January commission too! :D

pirate44
01-31-2006, 11:53 AM
i just checked and it is MAGIC INTERNATIONAL convention with approx 115,000 people showing up for it

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i just checked and it is MAGIC INTERNATIONAL convention with approx 115,000 people showing up for it

as in Magic the Gathering or like Magicians???

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
as in Magic the Gathering or like Magicians???

nm i looked it up. Big fashion show. Now I want to go because the Goo Goo Dolls are playing at it!

pirate44
01-31-2006, 12:35 PM
nm i looked it up. Big fashion show. Now I want to go because the Goo Goo Dolls are playing at it!
a magic show that really isnt about magic..goo goo dolls who really arent dolls...vegas is very decieving:crazy:

Adidas410s
01-31-2006, 02:26 PM
now I just have to decide where to stay. I did Mandalay Bay last summer...LOTS of walking but an awesome resort. Since this trip would be by myself most of my time will be spent in the poker rooms. I plan to play at MGM, Caesars...and maybe Mirage, Bellagio, and Mandalay Bay. I'll also play at Aladdin (soon to be Planet Hollywood) in a tournament because of their great structures.

Quick question...for those of you that go...do you prefer to book flight and hotel seperately or together? Being that i'm going by myself I may have to book seperately because those trips discount the package with double occupancy.

GreenMonster
01-31-2006, 02:29 PM

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Count me in!

pirate44
01-31-2006, 03:52 PM
now I just have to decide where to stay. I did Mandalay Bay last summer...LOTS of walking but an awesome resort. Since this trip would be by myself most of my time will be spent in the poker rooms. I plan to play at MGM, Caesars...and maybe Mirage, Bellagio, and Mandalay Bay. I'll also play at Aladdin (soon to be Planet Hollywood) in a tournament because of their great structures.

Quick question...for those of you that go...do you prefer to book flight and hotel seperately or together? Being that i'm going by myself I may have to book seperately because those trips discount the package with double occupancy.
if Mandalay Bay isnt your thing, stay at "The Hotel" at Madalay Bay. its the nicest rooms in town and you have access to the awesome pool at Mandalay Bay. my parents will be there soon and i can have a report in a couple weeks