PDA

View Full Version : I think I wanna move to Hawaii...

Adidas410s
01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
This is my new decision in life...evidently I can't find a job anywhere in the contiguous United States since graduating college...so why not try the islands??? :D

44INAROW
01-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
This is my new decision in life...evidently I can't find a job anywhere in the contiguous United States since graduating college...so why not try the islands??? :D

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches probably taste a heck of alot better in Hawaii too......... sounds like a good plan to me :)

BreckTxLonghorn
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I say go for it.

My friend decided Hawaii would be the best place to start off. She lives there now and works in a hotel and absolutely loves it. And since her apt has a floor, I've got spring break plans.

You only live once, so why not?

AP Panther Fan
01-30-2006, 05:48 PM
http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/photos/hawaii/oahu/img0038.gif

Downtown Honolulu....I bet there is a job or two available.:thinking:

shankbear
01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Hope you have a trust fund. It is more expensive than New York City. It would be great.

CHS_CG
01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
If you ask Bullfrog_alumni02, you do NOT wanna move to hawaii. He is stationed there andI dont know if its the fact he is in the army and is there away from Texas or if its just that bad lol.

sinton66
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
If you're used to the wide open spaces of Texas, Hawaii will get old in a hurry. Even if you frequently visit the other islands, it loses it's appeal after a couple of years.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
And since her apt has a floor, I've got spring break plans.

Hmmm.....I was under the impression that most of them CAME with a floor. I guess if not you dont have to worry about how to arrange your furniture!:D

MHSvarsity2007
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
i totally support your life decision...you better let us throw a DL party over spring break though. :D

Old Green
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
You can see everything of interest in the Islands in less than a month.

Txbroadcaster
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Hawaii is one of those places I classify as Loved to visit would not want to live their. The cost of living is mind blowingly high and after awhile the crush of tourists would have to get old IMO

AggieJohn
01-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

you can try padre island, or south padre island

sinton66
01-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
You can see everything of interest in the Islands in less than a month.

I agree, you can only drive the circumference of Oahu just so many times before you get really bored with it. I did enjoy bow hunting up behind Diamond head, but even that got old the second year. The ancient whaling port of Lahina (Maui) is kinda cool, but you can only tour the three masted schooner a couple of times before boredom sets in.