PDA

View Full Version : Which Teams Will Moving out of 3A

Commerce Fan
09-24-2003, 09:00 AM
I was just wondering who will be moving up or down when the UIL re-aligns in February? I hear Forney will go 4a and probably Quinlan out of 8-3a
Who from your district?

3afan
09-24-2003, 09:07 AM
nobody knows, its all speculation ...

Matthew328
09-24-2003, 09:14 AM
No one knows for sure....Quinlan is in 10-3A though...Forney likely will go up...Everman, Lake Dallas and Burnet are all good bets to go up as well....

VWG
09-24-2003, 09:24 AM
We have to wait until the UIL sets the mark for 3A. Everman, Lake Dallas, Burnet, are all looking like they could go up in class.
What about Abilene Wylie? They have to have about 850 kids now, and there is housing growth in that school district.

vet93
09-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Ballinger has been running in the 330's. I can't see how that we would stay 3a unless their are some drastic number shifts.

espn1
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
Matthew328:
No one knows for sure....Quinlan is in 10-3A though...Forney likely will go up...Everman, Lake Dallas and Burnet are all good bets to go up as well....I think Burnet is running at about 936 right now.

Commerce Fan
09-24-2003, 10:15 AM
Isn't the high end 899 now and the low end 326 ? It probably will not vary much from that!

ihatetolose
09-24-2003, 10:27 AM
If history repeats itself the top end of 3A would be 940-950. If anyone tells you they have the inside scoop on realignment they're a liar. You'd have better luck getting the scoop on the next lottery numbers than you would hearing "a leak" from a reliable source from the UIL. However, they have given some hints but nothing solid (no 6A this time, working the numbers from the bottom up). It's so hush hush it's comical.

CentralTxFan
09-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Isn't Elgin the largest 3A school right now? Burnet is listed at 10th largest. Are the schools in the top 10 growing in enrollment? Sounds like Burnet is but what about the others?

PAINTBALL
09-24-2003, 11:05 AM
espn1:

Matthew328:
No one knows for sure....Quinlan is in 10-3A though...Forney likely will go up...Everman, Lake Dallas and Burnet are all good bets to go up as well....I think Burnet is running at about 936 right now.Whatever happens, happens. I hope the fans don't dessert Burnet when the move up does occur. Marble Falls fan base used to be huge, but when they were moved into the district with the Killeen Schools and couldn't compete the fans left. Maybe if they move Burnet up to 4A, they will reestablish the old District from the 90s.Burnet, Marble Falls, Lake Travis, Dripping Springs, Lampasas. They would have to add 1 or 2 move schools to this district, but starting back up the Marble Falls/Burnet game would be good for both the Marble Falls and Burnet fan base after this year.

<small>[ September 24, 2003, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

Crow22
09-24-2003, 11:41 AM
Burnet is bigger than us....and we're 4A.(Medina Valley)

3afan
09-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Commerce Fan:
Isn't the high end 899 now and the low end 326 ? It probably will not vary much from that!that is yet to be determined and won't be until during the realignment process they get the 'required' # of schools in 5A, then 4a, then the 3A cutoff falls where it falls .........and it COULD vary a great deal from the present high/low

<small>[ September 24, 2003, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Commerce Fan
09-24-2003, 12:44 PM
I also think that there is a picture taken by the UIL sometime during the year, I think around October, of the average daily attendance and the number of kids in the high school in that time period is the figure they use?? May be more to it than that??? i just do not know

crzyjournalist03
09-24-2003, 03:25 PM
If Forney does go 4A, do you think they'll end up in 12-4A? That's a good district, and it seems to be the one we'd fit into:

West Mesquite
Richardson Pearce
Highland Park
Mesquite Horn
Wylie
Mesquite Poteet
Richardson

X21AAAPlayer
09-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Regardless if the numbers change enough to send some good 3a teams up. I beleive the districts will be worried about teams like burnet and everman coming to play them. Who wouldn't? I bet those 4a teams are hoping everything stays just the way it is:)

eagle_fan
09-24-2003, 06:52 PM
Newton is 2 or 3 players from being 2a.. i think they coulda went down last time but coach didnt want to

3afan2K3
09-24-2003, 07:10 PM
crzyjournalist03:
If Forney does go 4A, do you think they'll end up in 12-4A? That's a good district, and it seems to be the one we'd fit into:

West Mesquite
Richardson Pearce
Highland Park
Mesquite Horn
Wylie
Mesquite Poteet
Richardsonpredicting who will be in what disrtict is even harder than predicting who will be in which class! I hope its not like you have it eek!

MARLINFAN
09-24-2003, 08:28 PM
MARLIN WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO DROPING DOWN INTO A 2A

Old Cardinal
09-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Look at the overall picture--the urban areas and adjacent towns, across Texas, are growing in population. The rural areas are losing population, especially mid- West and East Texas. The per capita income for rural Texas is dropping rapidly; while the northwest areas around any metro area is soaring. And the rest of the bedroom communities are growing at a healthy rate. Just check the Texas Census and it is real easy to see which areas are losing population and just slowly drying up....The School Districts shrink as folks have to leave to find paying jobs to support their families...Two things happen, School Districts consolidate-- or they drop to a lower enrollment classification, when enough people are forced to leave to fill better jobs available around the bigger cities. Three A football Classification changes, will go right along with the trend of what is happening with the census demographics...A few little isolated towns are bucking the trend, but over all AG reliant towns are no longer flourishing

TxHsFootball04
09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
talking about districts imagne a district with bellville,sealy,navosta,rice,la grange and umm ill say columbus in it... that would be some of th best football around anywhere

3afan
09-24-2003, 09:34 PM
ya never know - all those teams might be down while they're in a district togther - not likely, but it could happen

celinaorange
09-24-2003, 11:33 PM
3A numbers will be adjusted to compensate for the extreme range (345---900) these numbers will definitely change on the low end and will move to somewhere between 425-450&gt;&gt;&gt;Celina has less in high school this year than the end of last year (they are now around 388)...they will go back to 2A...the numbers the UIL uses for these figures are turned in at the end of October and are based on ADM of grades 9-12 (average daily membership) NOT ADA (average daily attendance) the re-classification will be announced at the end of February...this is the latest talk out of Austin concerning 3A and classification numbers.

Commerce Fan
09-25-2003, 07:04 AM
celinaorange:
3A numbers will be adjusted to compensate for the extreme range (345---900) these numbers will definitely change on the low end and will move to somewhere between 425-450&gt;&gt;&gt;Celina has less in high school this year than the end of last year (they are now around 388)...they will go back to 2A...the numbers the UIL uses for these figures are turned in at the end of October and are based on ADM of grades 9-12 (average daily membership) NOT ADA (average daily attendance) the re-classification will be announced at the end of February...this is the latest talk out of Austin concerning 3A and classification numbers.If they move the numbers up in that 400 range then there may be a few schools dropping back to AA. But then again there may be a few moving out of AAAA back to AAA because of the high end numbers??? This will be interesting

Pudlugger
09-25-2003, 07:15 AM
TxHsFootball04:
talking about districts imagne a district with bellville,sealy,navosta,rice,la grange and umm ill say columbus in it... that would be some of th best football around anywhereGood football yes, but two or three quality teams wouldn't be making the play-offs from such a district while push-overs from neighboring districts would have a cake walk. I think districts should try to be balanced and spread the talent out a little. The pre-district allows traditional rivalries to match-up without negatively affecting play-off chances.

PAINTBALL
09-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Pudlugger:

TxHsFootball04:
talking about districts imagne a district with bellville,sealy,navosta,rice,la grange and umm ill say columbus in it... that would be some of th best football around anywhereGood football yes, but two or three quality teams wouldn't be making the play-offs from such a district while push-overs from neighboring districts would have a cake walk. I think districts should try to be balanced and spread the talent out a little. The pre-district allows traditional rivalries to match-up without negatively affecting play-off chances.UIL doesn't look at the quality of competition to set their district. This would be impossible to establish and leave too much room for disagreements. I believe, they simply try to limit travel. If a lot of teams in the same class are close together then they will probably be in the same district.

Matthew328
09-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Realignment day in Febraury is one of the most fun days of the year.....

Gilmer Buckeye
09-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Old Cardinal:
The per capita income for rural Texas is dropping rapidly; while the northwest areas around any metro area is soaring ... A few little isolated towns are bucking the trend, but over all AG reliant towns are no longer flourishingSounds like some sort of conspiracy, OC. Herd everyone into the big cities and put bar codes under their skin or something.

BTW, some of your higher jobless rates right now are in Collin County north of Dallas. Or they were as of a few months ago. They are higher than Tyler and maybe even Longview-Marshall. They bet their future prosperity on the so-called "Telecom Corridor" and telecom has gone bust.

Tyler has a pretty healthy economy and it's right in the middle of East Texas, so I wouldn't overgeneralize about our region. It is certainly not to be compared with the sagebrush and tumbleweed country out west.

Longview has more ups and downs, but that's because it is more tied to manufacturing and manufacturing has been hemorrhaging jobs ever since even before the "job-loss" recession/recovery began.

But no one here (that I know of, anyhow) is desperate enough for jobs to want to locate a huge maximum-security prison on the edge of town anymore and they just about were when the oil and real estate bust of the late 1980s hit.

Backwoods
09-25-2003, 10:32 AM
If the lower end goes up to around 400, Newton will be outta there. We're about 375 this year.

Commerce Fan
09-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Pudlugger:

TxHsFootball04:
talking about districts imagne a district with bellville,sealy,navosta,rice,la grange and umm ill say columbus in it... that would be some of th best football around anywhereGood football yes, but two or three quality teams wouldn't be making the play-offs from such a district while push-overs from neighboring districts would have a cake walk. I think districts should try to be balanced and spread the talent out a little. The pre-district allows traditional rivalries to match-up without negatively affecting play-off chances.It is all about the money. They only look at the travel time involved for all the UIL Competitions and make changes accordinly

texcaj
09-25-2003, 12:43 PM
UIL doesn't look at the quality of competition to set their district. This would be impossible to establish and leave too much room for disagreements. I believe, they simply try to limit travel. If a lot of teams in the same class are close together then they will probably be in the same district.
If this is the case why in the heck is Stafford in the district with Navasota, Bellville, Sealy, etc?

TxHsFootball04
09-25-2003, 04:08 PM
yeah that was the big suprise of the district last year been in our district 23-3A alot of people expected ethier rice or la grange not stafford

Old Cardinal
09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Gilmer Buckeye: I was not talking about big towns, like you mention; I was talking about the 3 red-light isolated towns, having a harder time. The ones you named are where the very small town folks-- are gravitating to for employment..I agree that those you mentioned have enough base to have a little stability or better. It's the 3A size towns that are quite predictable-- base on their isolation from urban sprawl. East Texas does have it a slight bit better than our West Texas cousins.

PAINTBALL
09-26-2003, 11:00 AM
texcaj:

UIL doesn't look at the quality of competition to set their district. This would be impossible to establish and leave too much room for disagreements. I believe, they simply try to limit travel. If a lot of teams in the same class are close together then they will probably be in the same district.
If this is the case why in the heck is Stafford in the district with Navasota, Bellville, Sealy, etc?I don't know the layout of these towns, but usually the answer is the need to add schools to other districts without creating districts with teams more than 100 miles apart. It's a very difficult job and I think the guys or gals at UIL do a good job. Its more important for basketball and volleyball then football.

3afan
09-26-2003, 11:03 AM
PAINTBALL:

texcaj:

If this is the case why in the heck is Stafford in the district with Navasota, Bellville, Sealy, etc?I don't know the layout of these towns, but usually the answer is the need to add schools to other districts without creating districts with teams more than 100 miles apart. It's a very difficult job and I think the guys or gals at UIL do a good job. Its more important for basketball and volleyball then football."Its more important for basketball and volleyball then football." ??? explain you reasoning here please ...

PAINTBALL
09-26-2003, 11:18 AM
3afan:

PAINTBALL:

texcaj:

If this is the case why in the heck is Stafford in the district with Navasota, Bellville, Sealy, etc?I don't know the layout of these towns, but usually the answer is the need to add schools to other districts without creating districts with teams more than 100 miles apart. It's a very difficult job and I think the guys or gals at UIL do a good job. Its more important for basketball and volleyball then football."Its more important for basketball and volleyball then football." ??? explain you reasoning here please ...Because these teams play during the week and keeping the kids out late for travel when they have to be at school the next day and might even have an important test is not good for the most important purpose of our schools. To educate our kids.

3afan
09-26-2003, 11:22 AM
cool - i guess a more accurate statement you could have made was its more important for uil (not just athletic) activities that take place during the week (not just bb & vb)

PAINTBALL
09-26-2003, 11:42 AM
3afan:
cool - i guess a more accurate statement you could have made was its more important for uil (not just athletic) activities that take place during the week (not just bb & vb)True. My statement was acurate, just not complete which happens all the time with quick post. The two examples I gave are the two sports which to my knowledge UIL allows to be in different districts then football if a school petitions for travel reasons. For example UIL may move a school from a 6 team district to another 6 team district making that district a 7 team district and the other district a 5 team district for basketball and volleyball but leave the other sports in that district alone.