PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown Gets Raise

Old Tiger
01-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2310990)

BreckTxLonghorn
01-29-2006, 02:38 PM
To the victors go the spoils...

RdaleBoi08
01-29-2006, 06:38 PM
That Is Crazy!...BUt Hey He's Putting Up The W's

AggieJohn
01-29-2006, 11:16 PM
he gets paid in one game close to 10 times what the average american teacher makes in one year.

idiodicy.

Old Tiger
01-29-2006, 11:22 PM
It's college...Texas has the best boosters it happens.

GreenMonster
01-30-2006, 12:03 AM
If I produced a National Championship I would expect a raise too.

lepfan
01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
If I produced a National Championship I would expect a raise too. Stoops got a nice one after the 200 National Championship win...

mrescape43
01-30-2006, 10:50 AM
That is crazy. As a head coach, this was the first year that Mack had won his own conference. Anyway congrats to him. I hope he keeps the horns on top.

STANG RED
01-30-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm sure the $2.159 million must have just barely been getting the bills paid anyway. The $2.5 million should afford him the oppertunity to put a little back for retirement now.
Looks like he owes VY about $341,000, to me.

Glad my daughter isnt going to UT. Looks like tuition may be going up next year.

lepfan
01-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Glad my daughter isnt going to UT. Looks like tuition may be going up next year. Should't be a problem...somewhere on here it is posted that UT has big donors. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
01-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Well deserved raise. If he doesn't give us anything for the next ten years he has given us the NC in 2005 after a long wait. Maybe the coaches are overpaid but UT should be in the top five salaries in paying head football coaches. Thank you Mack.

And I am sure Vince is going to do all right after he is drafted by the NFL.

JasperDog94
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
There's a reason that the top college coaches are making mega bucks...NFL.

Chief Ohera
01-30-2006, 11:53 PM
we will see next year when how good he is, w/o VY he will struggle they will not when the big twelve with whatever qb they have no matter how good their defense is, he will be absolutley tested next season, specifically when they meet rhett bomar and the sooner nation,
so until next time.........brothers take care,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lepfan
01-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Well deserved raise. If he doesn't give us anything for the next ten years he has given us the NC in 2005 after a long wait. Maybe the coaches are overpaid but UT should be in the top five salaries in paying head football coaches. Thank you Mack.

And I am sure Vince is going to do all right after he is drafted by the NFL. Wasn't it like a 36 year wait for this last one?

KTJ
01-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm sure the $2.159 million must have just barely been getting the bills paid anyway. The $2.5 million should afford him the oppertunity to put a little back for retirement now.
Looks like he owes VY about $341,000, to me.

Glad my daughter isnt going to UT. Looks like tuition may be going up next year.

The athletics budget and the academics budget are two seperate things. One has nothing to do with the other so Mack's raise wouldn't reflect a tuition increase and it has no direct correlation.

we will see next year when how good he is, w/o VY he will struggle they will not when the big twelve with whatever qb they have no matter how good their defense is, he will be absolutley tested next season, specifically when they meet rhett bomar and the sooner nation,

This is by far the most hilarious thing you've ever posted on here, shows that you're indeed 13 years old, and also proves that you have no collective clue about college football.

he gets paid in one game close to 10 times what the average american teacher makes in one year.

So does Frantastic.

chs_#75
01-31-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

idiodicy.

idiodicy? 'nuff said.....

Phil C
01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Wasn't it like a 36 year wait for this last one?

Actually for those of us around lep it was 36 years but UT did win one (UPI) in 1970 for it's regular season because the UPI didn't wait till after the Bowl Games. When UT lost the Cotton Bowl the AP awarded it to Nebraska even though they had a tie with USC. Most of us don't really consider 1970 team as real NCs because of that loss.

Phil C
01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey KTJ the Aggies forget that in 1982 they hired Jackie Sherrill at a million dollar salary which created a sensation at that time plus generous raises too afterward. It wasn't considered idiotic at the time especially by Aggies even though that was probably many more times the average teacher's salary than Mack's cosidering the time.