PDA

View Full Version : i have been buffaloed........my bad

lostaussie
01-27-2006, 04:27 PM
longview head coach and ad john king respectfuly declined the offer to coach the 4a henderson lions. king became the 3rd big name coach to be offered the job and then decline. this is a once proud program that evidently has some major issues. reported salary and perk package was to be around 110k per year.

Chris Hart
01-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Must've been some winless sub varsity teams, or a bad Sup. or school board. For that type of money, it should be a sought after job. However, all three coaches that have declined are already at schools with much better football programs than Henderson.:confused:

Adidas410s
01-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Must've been some winless sub varsity teams, or a bad Sup. or school board. For that type of money, it should be a sought after job. However, all three coaches that have declined are already at schools with much better football programs than Henderson.:confused:

at least nobody can say that gave up quality programs for $$$...

lostaussie
01-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
at least nobody can say that gave up quality programs for $$$... so far.............henderson is going after an established coach. i don't have a clue whom it might be. but someone will take the bait.

Txbroadcaster
01-27-2006, 10:22 PM
This IMO is not a situation of coaches turning down Henderson because of it being a bad situation. It is just that Henderson is shooting for the top coaches.

First Mike Owens of 5A Tyler Lee
Second Chad Morris of 4A Power Stephenville
Third John King 5A Longview.

The only reasons these coaches would make the move is money. It would not be a coaching move up to take the job, except that for King and Owens they would also get the AD title.