PDA

View Full Version : V Young - paragraph from DMN atricle

HighSchool Fan
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
Young is working out in Houston in preparation for the draft. He was criticized in the local newspaper for taking part in the Tristar Collectors Show in Houston Jan. 20-22, signing autographs for $80 apiece with no inscriptions.

anything he does in houston that people don't agree with will just bring more scrutiny(sp). the best place for him is New Orleans or tennessee.

KTJ
01-27-2006, 03:54 PM
The City of Houston wants him.

The rumor going around Austin is that he's currently raising money to put towards various charities and school funds for kids in inner-city Houston. I've heard this from several people.

Aesculus gilmus
01-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I am amazed at this guy. Usually a star of this caliber has gotten into way more trouble by the age of 22 than VY has.

He's not the most intellectual or articulate fellow, but he comes across as having a heart as big as Texas.

That said, I do have an Aggie friend who will never forgive him for the "they ain't nothin' but a bunch of drunks" comment.

LH Panther Mom
01-27-2006, 04:51 PM
DMN.... :rolleyes: I bet they forgot to talk about him visiting a children's ward at one of the hospitals? When asked how long he would be there, his reply was "as long as it takes to see all the kids".

HighSchool Fan
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
DMN.... :rolleyes: I bet they forgot to talk about him visiting a children's ward at one of the hospitals? When asked how long he would be there, his reply was "as long as it takes to see all the kids".

actually they did mention the hospital visit :p

lepfan
01-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I am amazed at this guy. Usually a star of this caliber has gotten into way more trouble by the age of 22 than VY has.

:confused: :confused: :confused: Why be amazed...it sounds like you should be proud instead of amazed. (BTW - not a VY fan...but not a VY basher either)