PDA

View Full Version : Who will Rockdale go after??

Johnny Utah
01-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Who gets the AD/Head Football job at Rockdale? James Saegert? Or do they go outside???

Amos Moses
01-27-2006, 02:26 PM
What about former Rockdale grad...Kyle Spano. I believe he threw his hat in the ring the last time it opened up.

Old Tiger
01-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I expect a lot of applicants

Johnny Utah
01-27-2006, 05:27 PM
They should, good job. Going to be interesting. Have they done anything with the old field house??? Some facilities need to be upgraded. Just an opinion.

Milk That Cow
01-27-2006, 06:49 PM
How good a job this is depends on re-alignment...

Because Rockdale can't beat Giddings,Cameron, or Hutto...

Johnny Utah
01-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Rockdale will always be in a tough district because of location. That should not scare anyone off.

MARLINDOGS
01-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
How good a job this is depends on re-alignment...

Because Rockdale can't beat Giddings,Cameron, or Hutto... I bet they will.

Dogman_1969
01-28-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm like MDog, things are changing in old district 19-3A. Next years's sophmore's and freshman classes have a combined record of about 35-3-2 since starting to play fball in Jr High. None of those 3 schools mentioned have ever won a game against the young Tigers.

Also take note that Rockdale played several underclassman on the varsity last year and those guys gained valuable experience.

Times are changing...........

Milk That Cow
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Yea, but hasn't Cameron beat Rockdale, like 20 times over the last 25 years...

Not to downgrade freshman and jv Ball, but Records only count at the Varsity Level....

Johnny Utah
01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Milk, you are correct. But, Rockdale will always play those teams either in district or as non-district opponents. The Rock will always be able to compete!!!

Dogman_1969
01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I agree about most records only count for varsity ball but, stay tuned...............

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-28-2006, 09:01 PM
I think that some people on this board are forgetting the fact that what happened in the past stays in the past. Sure, Rockdale did not have a lot of success last season, but does that mean that there is no hope for Rockdale? Does that mean that Rockdale will never win another game? No, it doesn't. One thing is for certain and that is that you have not seen how extremely hard some of the kids are working from the top of the ladder to the bottom. Every day I see junior high athletes walking from the weight room back up to the middle school after hitting the weights and running. Those young men have dreams, and they are going out and working every day to try to reach those dreams that they have. Not a lot of guys can say that. They are building on the Rockdale tradition of hard work. I for one have faith in Rockdale in the near future. I hold that faith for the guys that are coming up next year, also. They are a tight-knit group and they all work hard, the weight room is full of sophomores and juniors who are working hard and chasing a dream of success. Whoever gets the head coaching job will be inheriting something great. The program may have had a down year last year, but don't think for a second that Rockdale will stay at the bottom. The Tigers will be back next year giving 100% all the time, so milk that cow.

MARLINDOGS
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that some people on this board are forgetting the fact that what happened in the past stays in the past. Sure, Rockdale did not have a lot of success last season, but does that mean that there is no hope for Rockdale? Does that mean that Rockdale will never win another game? No, it doesn't. One thing is for certain and that is that you have not seen how extremely hard some of the kids are working from the top of the ladder to the bottom. Every day I see junior high athletes walking from the weight room back up to the middle school after hitting the weights and running. Those young men have dreams, and they are going out and working every day to try to reach those dreams that they have. Not a lot of guys can say that. They are building on the Rockdale tradition of hard work. I for one have faith in Rockdale in the near future. I hold that faith for the guys that are coming up next year, also. They are a tight-knit group and they all work hard, the weight room is full of sophomores and juniors who are working hard and chasing a dream of success. Whoever gets the head coaching job will be inheriting something great. The program may have had a down year last year, but don't think for a second that Rockdale will stay at the bottom. The Tigers will be back next year giving 100% all the time, so milk that cow. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
01-28-2006, 09:06 PM
lol

Milk That Cow
01-28-2006, 11:31 PM
that made me laugh as well...

But, as they say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"...

Because I love the passion Rockdale and the entire community has for it's Tigers...

But Cameron and Giddings are "Much Better Programs" than ole Rockdale is...

but, that's just my humble opinion...

Johnny Utah
01-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Everyone does have an opinion. But, Rockdale is a good job. Someone will get lucky and land it and hit the ground running. Good luck to the Tigers!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
that made me laugh as well...

But, as they say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game"...

Because I love the passion Rockdale and the entire community has for it's Tigers...

But Cameron and Giddings are "Much Better Programs" than ole Rockdale is...

but, that's just my humble opinion...

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are entitled to the same right to be wrong, which is what you are. Football is played between the lines, not on the internet. I'm sure the Tigers will do their talking by their actions on the field. A bad season will not hold Rockdale down, because when you are on the bottom, the only place you can go is up, and they will do just that.