PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale....

Matthew328
01-28-2004, 08:32 AM
Talked to someone in the "know" in Kennedale ISD and I was told 4A is just about guaranteed...

mjbf
01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Matthew328 - If 843 enrollment is 4A then we are there. That person in the "know" you are referring to probably doesn't know the difference between "come here and sic'em!"

Matthew328
01-28-2004, 09:53 AM
I'll say this....the person I talked to isn't directly affiliated with Kennedale ISD but they have a few contacts but I guess even your most trusted contacts can be wrong LOL....but I just can't see how in the world Kennedale turned in 843...not with the #'s I saw on the TEA website...but I'll trust your opinion on this one...LOL

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Matthew328 ]</small>

Matthew328
01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
By the way if Kennedale did turn in 843 there is no way they'll be 4A..

this is the way we ball
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh Matthew, you silly little boy. Don't you have anything better to do?

Kennedale will stay 3a.

Your reference to the TEA website leads me to believe that you don't agree with the 843 students turned in. That number is pretty close to accurate.

Everman will do just fine in 4a. There is no reason to be bitter about the Wildcats.

We have all enjoyed your comments the past couple of years here on the Downlow. It's safe to say that no one here at Kennedale is going to miss you, but feel free to stop by anytime.

JustAFan
01-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Matthew - Why is it so important to you that Kennedale move up to 4A? Looking at the TEA website, student population would be over 900 - IF every student returned, was promoted, etc. I KNOW Kennedale turned in 843. i did not get this from "a source in the know", it is fact.

vet93
01-28-2004, 11:42 AM
I know...Matt and everybody else has a vendetta against Kennedale :rolleyes:

this is the way we ball
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
vet93 who rattled your chain???

Cameronbystander
01-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Matt knows that not everybody in Kennedale is scared of Everman. The administration is probably going to request that they move up to 4A whether the enrollment is there or not just so the two teams can remain in the same district.

If they don't maybe they are scared of Everman.

this is the way we ball
01-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Cameronbystander:
Matt knows that not everybody in Kennedale is scared of Everman. The administration is probably going to request that they move up to 4A whether the enrollment is there or not just so the two teams can remain in the same district.

If they don't maybe they are scared of Everman.And we have a winner!!

Congratulations Cameronbystander you have won the dumbest poster award!

Rabbit'93
01-28-2004, 12:00 PM
this is the way we ball:
Oh Matthew, you silly little boy. Don't you have anything better to do?

Kennedale will stay 3a.

Your reference to the TEA website leads me to believe that you don't agree with the 843 students turned in. That number is pretty close to accurate.

Everman will do just fine in 4a. There is no reason to be bitter about the Wildcats.

We have all enjoyed your comments the past couple of years here on the Downlow. It's safe to say that no one here at Kennedale is going to miss you, but feel free to stop by anytime.Wow tick off an admin. pretty brave.

Cameronbystander
01-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Where do I pick up my award? I would like to thank all of the small people that made this possible. The jealous people of Kennedale who wish they lived in Everman and the Everman folks who raise such great athletes and administrators.

PS: If you don't know that I'm kidding you may need to get a life. I lived in that area for a number of years and there are good folks in both places.

Rabbit'93
01-28-2004, 12:41 PM
T.i.t.w.w.b. check pm

rholl
01-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Everyone knows Kennedale bases their season on beating Everman. Just as in the closing moments of the Everman Kennedale basketball game as Kennedale was losing, the Kennedale student body started a chant "Lets play Football"....the Everman student body responded with their own "2 state rings" chant. Its been a good rivalry...I for one will miss it if it can't be continued.

jason
01-28-2004, 10:19 PM
JustAFan:
Matthew - Why is it so important to you that Kennedale move up to 4A? Looking at the TEA website, student population would be over 900 - IF every student returned, was promoted, etc. I KNOW Kennedale turned in 843. i did not get this from "a source in the know", it is fact.how do you KNOW?? you have ZERO credibility....i would listen to matthew be wrong 1,000 times before I even considered listening to your nonsense...

jason
01-28-2004, 10:20 PM
rholl:
Everyone knows Kennedale bases their season on beating Everman. Just as in the closing moments of the Everman Kennedale basketball game as Kennedale was losing, the Kennedale student body started a chant "Lets play Football"....the Everman student body responded with their own "2 state rings" chant. Its been a good rivalry...I for one will miss it if it can't be continued.2 state rings...lol, thats good...i guess if you win 2 rings, you've earned the right to defend yourselves with them...

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2004, 11:20 PM
jason:

rholl:
Everyone knows Kennedale bases their season on beating Everman. Just as in the closing moments of the Everman Kennedale basketball game as Kennedale was losing, the Kennedale student body started a chant "Lets play Football"....the Everman student body responded with their own "2 state rings" chant. Its been a good rivalry...I for one will miss it if it can't be continued.2 state rings...lol, thats good...i guess if you win 2 rings, you've earned the right to defend yourselves with them...is one state championship enough??? If so, every time someone says something mean to me, all I'll have to do is start chanting "State Champ" :D :D :D

VWG
01-28-2004, 11:38 PM
3A or not, I truly believe that any school within an hour of the metroplex could see major enrollment increases. Celina, Pilot Point, Little Elm, all now 3A from 2A. Forney, Aledo, Decatur, Krum, Van Alstyne, Argyle... you can go on forever. All these towns are seeing population explosions. People want to creep farther and farther out.
Krum is expected to have over 1,000 kids in their high school within the next 4-6 years.
Bottom line.. if you're in those Dallas/Tarrant county boundries, you're gonna get bumped up.
It might not be now.. but all those houses they build gotta have families in them.

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 07:59 AM
I have NOTHING against Kennedale...LOL I have nothing but respect for Coach Barrett and staff have done over there..and what the other coaches have done in turning Kennedale into a good all-around sports program...no one is bitter about Kennedale, why should I be bitter? They handed it to Everman 2 years in a row what can I say? I do wish they'd go up to 4A so my Bulldogs could get another shot at them...LOL I do wish they'd move up not only because of football, but becuase it has turned into a very good rivalry in all sports...it is fun anytime we play Kennedale in any sport..as for the 843 number...well usually the TEA numbers aren't that far off from the ADM numbers..I'm not accusing anyone of anything over there..LOL someone (this is the way we ball) seems to be paranoid..LOL it's all good though...I almost always cheer for Kennedale, heck I have been watching Kennedale since the Derrick Williams, Cedric James days...

J817ason
01-29-2004, 08:08 AM
A perfect example of beating Everman making Kennedale's season...last year when Kennedale came to Everman they had maybe the funniest sign I had seen in a while..I guess their "district champs" sign that they hung really intimidated Everman since they only have 2 state championships...not to mention all their "Beat Everman" shirts...well maybe their district champs sign did work since they handed it to Everman..as an Everman grad I take it as a compliment that Kennedale pretty much bases their entire season on beating my team...but I'll take Everman's 2 state titles over Kennedale's 2 district titles anyday...LOL

<small>[ January 29, 2004, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: J817ason ]</small>

JustAFan
01-29-2004, 08:46 AM
Jason - I may have zero credibility with you on this board. That is ok. I do not post often, but have been a reader for years. As far as are the numbers I quoted credible? Yep. Unless UIL changes what was on the paper I saw before it was sent to the state. I was not told the numbers, I saw them. I could tell you how, but then I would have to kill you...LOL, seriously, if I told how I knew, my cover would be blown.

I also love the rivalry. Every game between Kennedale and Everman in every sport has the excitement that makes high school sports such an integral part of the community. And yes, i would also trade district championships for state championships. Who wouldn't? I hope it can be worked out for the teams to at least scrimmage each other in the future.

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd also like to know what I said that was so bad about Kennedale...LOL I did pick em to lose against Everman 2 years in a row...and I was dead WRONG...and I admitted that...and besides me saying they underachieved in 2002....I don't think I have said anything too bad about the Wildcats....I'd like to hear your explanation this is the way we ball...

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 10:21 AM
I agree JustAFan....I wonder if there is any chance a non-district game could be scheduled?? Traditionally when Everman has been 4A they haven't scheduled 3A's in the past..only time I can remember them playing a 3A was when the opened with Alvarado in 1998 and 1999...but it would be fun...I'll miss the excitment of the Kennedale game

rholl
01-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Matt...I'm pretty sure Alvarado had moved up to 4a in that time frame.

this is the way we ball
01-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Matthew328:
I'd also like to know what I said that was so bad about Kennedale...LOL I did pick em to lose against Everman 2 years in a row...and I was dead WRONG...and I admitted that...and besides me saying they underachieved in 2002....I don't think I have said anything too bad about the Wildcats....I'd like to hear your explanation this is the way we ball...Here we go again... Matthew in a back pedal... You want an explanation? Here you go: First of all, you didn't pick Kennedale to lose this year against Everman. I thought you said that we were going to beat Everman this year? Changing your story huh? I tried to find the post but was unable to.
Second, you are always getting into Kennedale's business. Example: this entire thread. I would have let it go, but you were insinuating that Kennedale was not turning in accurate numbers. Example: UEA website comment
Finally, I love the rivalry that Everman and Kennedale has developed over the years, but that doesn't give me freedom to bash Everman, which I NEVER have done. My perception of your comments may be way off what you intend. If that's so, I apologize.
That's the best explanation I can come up with.

Keith7
01-29-2004, 12:19 PM
this is the way we ball:

Matthew328:
I'd also like to know what I said that was so bad about Kennedale...LOL I did pick em to lose against Everman 2 years in a row...and I was dead WRONG...and I admitted that...and besides me saying they underachieved in 2002....I don't think I have said anything too bad about the Wildcats....I'd like to hear your explanation this is the way we ball...Here we go again... Matthew in a back pedal... You want an explanation? Here you go: First of all, you didn't pick Kennedale to lose this year against Everman. I thought you said that we were going to beat Everman this year? Changing your story huh? I tried to find the post but was unable to.
Second, you are always getting into Kennedale's business. Example: this entire thread. I would have let it go, but you were insinuating that Kennedale was not turning in accurate numbers. Example: UEA website comment
Finally, I love the rivalry that Everman and Kennedale has developed over the years, but that doesn't give me freedom to bash Everman, which I NEVER have done. My perception of your comments may be way off what you intend. If that's so, I apologize.
That's the best explanation I can come up with.I dont remember ever bashing Kennedale or any other team..

Problem Solver
01-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Here we go again I cant believe all this is about realignment, Matt if you are calling us out on our numbers you may need to look in the mirror, as I recall 2 years ago Everman was over 900 kids in the school but they turned in 896 come on now 3 kids that's a little more fishy to me that 50-60 that we are getting called out by you about. As for the growth in the metroplex and the fella that saidteams would move up do eveyone a favor and dont post anymore. Just because the metroplex is growing doesnt mean everyone is growing, with that thinking how is Everman 3a in the first place? One last thing Matt how do you go from under 900 2 years ago to over 1100 now, I know a little tiny bit about Everman myself and they are building but not over 200 kids more. Besides the kids in those houses are not all going to high school. Creek Boys (wink,wink) I know you but do you know me!!!

Matthew328
01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Actually this is the way we ball..you are correct I did pick Everman to lose...LOL
Let's see getting into Kennedale's buisness..hmm I thought this was a message board and I simply made a statement and post..which is kinda the point of the whole message board concept..and by the way check the TEA website and see the numbers for yourself..I don't need to insinuate anything..if I wanted to call Kennedale on their numbers I'd call em on it..simple as that..all I said was that by doing the research it showed Kennedale had a LOT more kids last year..Kennedale very well could only have 843..kids transfer,kids don't get promoted drop out etc. no big deal....and no this is the way we ball I don't think you bash Everman at all...actually if you are who I think you are..you're a pretty good guy..I just think you think (getting tired head) that I bash Kennedale or I have a vendetta against Kennedale..and I don't..I am VERY interested in where Kennedale goes due to the rivalry that has developed AND the admiration I have for the people there...the thread WAS NOT intended to imply Kennedale is fudging #'s etc.

Problem Solver, what you said is VERY easy to explain...check the #'s for Everman's 9th and 10th grade....here is the link...and yes I DO know who you are...

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/aeis/2003/campus.srch.html

Now for those who don't feel like navigating..
Everman High in 2001 graduated a class of approx 150 students..now in 2002 with a freshman class of 339 that is almost double what had left...throw in this year's 8th grade group of 350 and you see why the enrollment has jumped so much..as for being 3 under the enrollment a couple of years ago..I can't say too much on that except call it luck...remember no one knows what the cut-off will be before hand..it isn't like the day the ADM was turned in EISD adminstrators were saying "OK, the cut-off is 899 lets go 896" no one knows the cut off before hand...

Problem Solver
01-30-2004, 10:13 AM
That's good that you can figure out numbers but you need to also figure into that equation that just because they go to Everman Junior High doesnt mean they will end up in the high school, so that 339 or whatever the number is can be off secondly that is exactly what you implied on us that we were not turning in the correct numbers in your earlier post. Don't go calling out Kennedale's admin. on a internet forum about turning in wrong numbers if you don't know. You know it's funny how on all these websites they have the supposedly 3a realignment but on one website they have us 4a and Decatur 3a when Decatur turned in more numbers than we did, people that log on to these forums need to just realize that just because they have a web site don't mean they know all the answers. Finally Matt if you know who I am p.m. me I don't think you do.

JustAFan
01-30-2004, 12:48 PM
[[/QUOTE]how do you KNOW?? you have ZERO credibility....i would listen to matthew be wrong 1,000 times before I even considered listening to your nonsense...[/QB][/QUOTE]

Jason - obviously my credibility was derived from knowledge. If you view the thread "Updated Enrollment numbers from districts 7-3A thru 14-3A + a New school!" posted by Keith7, you will see that Kennedale turned in 843.

Matthew328
01-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Your initials are S.S. so yes I know who you are..LOL

Last Year's TEA enrollment figures are usually quite close to what happens this year...typically in years past whatever # of students leave EJH and don't attend EHS is cancelled out by the number of new students that come into the district...at least that has been the trend for 3 years now..(I've been following the enrollment trend at Everman now for that time) Secondly I NEVER implied that Kennedale fudged numbers...for about a month now I have been saying I keep hearing 2 numbers 843 and 914...you want proof go back and read the posts..99.9% of the schools in Texas don't fudge numbers...becuase no one knows what the exact cutoff will be....it's kinda hard to fudge your numbers when you don't know what the cut will be...don't you think? I have never come on here and said I had all the answers about anything...realignment if you haven't noticed is ALL about speculation...what is said here has ZERO bearing on what happens Monday...and lastly I know quite a few people at Kennedale and I would never ever accuse them of any wrong doing..I have waaaayyyy too much respect for Coach Barrett and the rest of the staff...

Matthew328
01-30-2004, 01:20 PM
I just want to say....I am really getting tired head debating cemantics with everyone associated with Kennedale..I have no ill will or any sort of vandetta towards Kennedale..I thought they'd turn in a higher number yes...and I was wrong...OK I admit it..LOL geez..I wish Kennedale nothing but luck next year..now that they'll be away from Everman I can go back to cheering for them again...just like I cheered for them before they started beating us in football...LOL