PDA

View Full Version : Israel

shankbear
01-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Can Israel survive Hamas and Iran? What will happen? 15 words or less

lepfan
01-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Can Israel survive Hamas and Iran? What will happen? 15 words or less without getting politcal ;)

shankbear
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Do it in football terms.

STANG RED
01-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Of course they will! Good ole big brother USA will make sure of it.
The question is: Will Palistine survive Hamas?

Chris Hart
01-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I'll sum it up in one word, GOD!

Maroon87
01-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Do it in football terms.

Israel will have to improve dramatically at blitz pickup.;)

big daddy russ
01-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Israel will have to improve dramatically at blitz pickup.;)
You look at the trenches and they give up a little on the right side to the Palestinians, but they're still tough everywhere else.

bulldogbark
01-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Isreal has always survived they got da man on their side....just wonder if Iran can deal with the secret security forces of Isreal.....23 word ops

shankbear
01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Remember when they took out Iraq's nuclear program in the 80s. Look out Iran. It took 6 F-16s as I recall. Might have had help from U.S. AWACs.

Aesculus gilmus
01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Israel will survive. U.S. lifestyle at $150-a-barrel oil? Maybe not.

RMAC
01-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Israel will live on. They are God's children, no matter how dumb they are.

Bullaholic
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Terrorism gone "legit".....Taliban II....Not state supported terrorism, but now terrorism supported state.

sinton66
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Israel is the LAST place on this earth you need to worry about. They are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, and they don't lack the "stomach" to do what needs to be done.

SintonFan
01-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Do it in football terms.
Abbas ran veer right... Hamas run blitz left... scored ona fumble. Israel deciding to block xp.

HighSchool Fan
01-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Israel is the LAST place on this earth you need to worry about. They are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves, and they don't lack the "stomach" to do what needs to be done.

Israel is the next closest thing to a superpower. all you hear is other countries over there talking smack about Israel, but none of them really want to start anything with Israel. Israel can and will defend themselves.

big daddy russ
01-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Israel is the next closest thing to a superpower. all you hear is other countries over there talking smack about Israel, but none of them really want to start anything with Israel. Israel can and will defend themselves.
....and they don't take as much crap as we do.

HighSchool Fan
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
....and they don't take as much crap as we do.

exactly

sinton66
01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Israel is an undeclared superpower, unlike us, they just don't constantly remind everyone about it. Trust me on this, we got NOTHING on Israel. If there is one country on this planet that I would be scared for us to tackle, Israel would be the one. I wish our government had half the resolve of Israel to do what they need to.

HighSchool Fan
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Israel is an undeclared superpower, unlike us, they just don't constantly remind everyone about it. Trust me on this, we got NOTHING on Israel. If there is one country on this planet that I would be scared for us to tackle, Israel would be the one. I wish our government had half the resolve of Israel to do what they need to.

American's worry about collatral(sp) damage to much, Israel doesn't.

sinton66
01-26-2006, 09:35 PM
True, and their general "rule of thumb" is if you kill one of them, they kill ten of yours. Not too hard to do the math there.

turbostud
01-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You look at the trenches and they give up a little on the right side to the Palestinians, but they're still tough everywhere else.

The Palestinians have stolen the Terrible Towel idea from the Steelers and are now waving them instead of wearing them.

turbostud
01-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Instead of the Dogpound they call themselves the Terrible Towel Heads. Can I say that? I hope I dont get in trouble.

GS#17
01-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't know how this is much of a difference. Israel has fended off aggressive Arab countries and terrorists since the inception of the country. If anything, the Palestinians have just lost or are about to lose a lot of headway they had previously made.

etbu
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
If Israel is Gods chosen people what does that make believers who are Palestinian?

Leopards,class of 75
01-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I'll sum it up in one word, GOD! Amen to that answer Chris! Blessed is that nation that blesses Israel, and cursed be the nation that curses Israel.

sinton66
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by etbu
If Israel is Gods chosen people what does that make believers who are Palestinian?

Syria and Palestine comprise a myriad of religions. Biblically speaking, I believe these were commonly referred to as "Caananites".

etbu
01-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Syria and Palestine comprise a myriad of religions. Biblically speaking, I believe these were commonly referred to as "Caananites".

Your right. Fact is that I spent three weeks in the Gaza strip and after coming back you have a different perspective of the situation. Its not as black and white as the media makes it out to be. As Charles De'Gaul sp of France said a long time ago "nations have no friends they have interest".

Txbroadcaster
01-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Palestine at one time was the black sheep of the Middle East. They are a Jewish-Arab mix and until the 1947 UN order that gave the Jews what is now Israel, the Palestinans were not well respected in the Middle East.

But since then they have become a rallying cry for the other countries in the Middle East, even though they still are not really supported. They are just used by the other countries.

sahen
01-27-2006, 03:17 AM
not sure if im correct on this but if they fight God's chosen people i will go w/ fooked? w/ a long "oo" sound....

Owen B
01-27-2006, 05:05 AM
I support Israel but I wonder how it is that so many Christians consider them God's chosen people. If the New Testament is to be believed, it seems to me that Christians now have that honor.

Rainman
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
As a Poli Sci Major at Rice two ideas are key to my theory.
1) Fringe groups brought to power will abandon their anti-government and establishment stance
2) You protect your own interest
Therefore:(15 words begins now)
1) Hamas will eventually become less radical
2) Iran will feel UN Sanctions backed by the world
Isreal has friends in High places

Rainman
01-27-2006, 07:39 AM
I didn't mean to add the smiley, it was a typo

Hupernikomen
01-27-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Owen B
I support Israel but I wonder how it is that so many Christians consider them God's chosen people. If the New Testament is to be believed, it seems to me that Christians now have that honor.

We live in the time of the Gentiles..God's choosing of Israel has not been nullified. A few very important events yet to take place.

STANG RED
01-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
As a Poli Sci Major at Rice two ideas are key to my theory.
1) Fringe groups brought to power will abandon their anti-government and establishment stance
2) You protect your own interest
Therefore:(15 words begins now)
1) Hamas will eventually become less radical
2) Iran will feel UN Sanctions backed by the world
Isreal has friends in High places

I wish I could agree with you buddy, but sorry, I cannot.
A tiger cannot change his stripes and Hamas will not become less radical! They are born and breed to be the way they are. If the government will not support their actions, they will just do it on their own, and hyjack the government once again.
And
The UN is an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You cant count on anything coming from them that makes any good sense. Unless it is finally givin a long needed overhaul and a complete structure change.

Rainman
01-27-2006, 09:20 AM
The Hamas statement is based on simular fringe parties and their inclusion in other parliamentary governments throughout history, it shall be a long road, but retaining power will eventually overshadow their readicalism. I am not saying that this will happen shortly, but over a long period.

I agree the UN is a hot air ballon and has little power without the powers from within, but with Western Europe and America ready to impose sanctions and with Russia's view becoming more open to outside servailence of Iran the power behind the UN will make any action powerful enough. Iran will eventually alienate itself enough that the World powers will impose collective will.

injuredinmelee
01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
time to sic China on Iran!

Rainman
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Should we convince China of the danger that Iran imposes, the full power of the UN can be brought against Iran.

sinton66
01-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Owen B

In the Old Testiment, God made Israel his chosen people for eternity. That hasn't and will not ever change(you can take God's word for it). The New Testament beginning with the birth of Christ was a new covenant for everyone else. Until the birth/life/death of Christ, Gentiles had no covenant with God. Christ was specifically sent to make a path for heavenly reward to the multitudes (to become co-heirs with Israel).

sinton66
01-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
Should we convince China of the danger that Iran imposes, the full power of the UN can be brought against Iran.

In the U.N. you put way too much faith in an organization torn with corruption and selfishness. The U.N. is nothing short of international politics. They do NOT have world peace as a common goal, and never will. They are as ineffective as their predecessor, The League of Nations. In short, without US financial and military support, the U.N. is absolutely worthless.

3afan
01-28-2006, 09:30 AM
In the Old Testiment, God made Israel his chosen people for eternity. That hasn't and will not ever change(you can take God's word for it). The New Testament beginning with the birth of Christ was a new covenant for everyone else. Until the birth/life/death of Christ, Gentiles had no covenant with God. Christ was specifically sent to make a path for heavenly reward to the multitudes (to become co-heirs with Israel).

but not Isreal, the modern day country ... Isreal, the "people" ... (right?)

sinton66
01-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
but not Isreal, the modern day country ... Isreal, the "people" ... (right?)

It's actually the same people. They just have a country now.

etbu
01-28-2006, 02:18 PM
It's actually the same people. They just have a country now.
I beg to differ with you bro on that one. If you look at the movement of Zionism it really got cranked up in 1947. Even the US did not help Israel get started but rather it was France that provided them planes. The US did not get interested in that part of the world until the middle east countires started hanging out with Russia. If the US cut ties do you think all the problems we are having would cease? We are tied at the hip due to national security not related to bible prophecy. We need a presence in the middle east.

Chris Hart
01-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
Blessed is that nation that blesses Israel, and cursed be the nation that curses Israel. Enough said....

etbu
01-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Enough said....

So does that mean that France will be blessed due to helping Israel getting started in 1947? Why then are they having so many problems right now? Is GOD not blessing them? I think you guys are trying to make the Bible say what you want it to. Been reading to much "Left Behind".:D

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Why then are they having so many problems right now? Is GOD not blessing them? I think you guys are trying to make the Bible say what you want it to. Been reading to much "Left Behind".:D

Interpreting the bible to fit your needs is something everyone does. As long as you stick to gods word you'll be ok. As for Israel , This is just one major test in the book of life.

etbu
01-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Interpreting the bible to fit your needs is something everyone does. As long as you stick to gods word you'll be ok. As for Israel , This is just one major test in the book of life.
Well said :clap:

Chris Hart
01-28-2006, 04:00 PM
So does that mean that France will be blessed due to helping Israel getting started in 1947? Why then are they having so many problems right now? Is GOD not blessing them? I think you guys are trying to make the Bible say what you want it to. Been reading to much "Left Behind".:D It's kind of hard to misinterpret 'blessed is that nation that blesses Israel, and cursed is the nation that curses Israel'. I don't change the Bible, just take it at face value. I haven't watched 'left behind' or anything similar. The Bible is spiritually discerned, I don't need Hollywood's take on it.:)

Chris Hart
01-28-2006, 04:01 PM
It's kind of hard to misinterpret 'blessed is that nation that blesses Israel, and cursed is the nation that curses Israel'. I don't change the Bible, just take it at face value. I haven't watched 'left behind' or anything similar. The Bible is spirituall discerned, I don't need Hollywood's take on it.:)

BTW, Some of God's blessings requires hardships before hand... :)

sinton66
01-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I beg to differ with you bro on that one. If you look at the movement of Zionism it really got cranked up in 1947. Even the US did not help Israel get started but rather it was France that provided them planes. The US did not get interested in that part of the world until the middle east countires started hanging out with Russia. If the US cut ties do you think all the problems we are having would cease? We are tied at the hip due to national security not related to bible prophecy. We need a presence in the middle east.

I'm not real sure what you disagreed with. I didn't say anything about our presence in the middle east. I didn't claim that we were at the forefront of the formation of the country. Perhaps you quoted the wrong person? What I said was that the biblical people Israel and the people who inhabit the country Israel are one in the same (or at least are their descendants), but the biblical term applies to Jewish people everywhere, not JUST in the country of Israel. The country of Israel is a Jewish nation, therefore the terms become synonomous.

etbu
01-28-2006, 05:58 PM
It's kind of hard to misinterpret 'blessed is that nation that blesses Israel, and cursed is the nation that curses Israel'. I don't change the Bible, just take it at face value. I haven't watched 'left behind' or anything similar. The Bible is spiritually discerned, I don't need Hollywood's take on it.:)
Are you like a minister? If you are like so wise maybe you should be appointed the head of federal reserve. Really could use such bright people like yourself. Heck maybe you should head to wall street and give tips on stocks. Never met such a mind like yours or expert on world affairs. :D The Bible also speaks of GOD speaking through a ass in the OT and sounds like history may be repeating itself.

Chris Hart
01-28-2006, 06:14 PM
LOL! You're too much....:D

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Are you like a minister? If you are like so wise maybe you should be appointed the head of federal reserve. Really could use such bright people like yourself. Heck maybe you should head to wall street and give tips on stocks. Never met such a mind like yours or expert on world affairs. :D The Bible also speaks of GOD speaking through a ass in the OT and sounds like history may be repeating itself.

:D :D Niiiiice one

etbu
01-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh well what else is there to do in houston texas on a rainy day beside talk smack. LOL NO FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :hairpunk:

Gobbla2001
01-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Israel will be fine...

The Jews are not liked in the middle-east, and it would really make everyone there happy if they'd leave... Hitler II gunna try to come out?

Interesting stuff goin' on over there...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 06:54 PM
**AHEM**

<------Jewish by birth

:D

Gobbla2001
01-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Israel will be fine...

The Jews are not liked in the middle-east, and it would really make everyone there happy if they'd leave... Hitler II gunna try to come out?

Interesting stuff goin' on over there...

Lemme clear this statement up before someone goes spinnin' off on my like Michael Savage...

I was just stating that it would make 'most' people living around Israel happy if they'd leave or were gone etc... so with new power coming to life over in the middle-east, there is a possibility of a wanna-be Hitler...

I doubt it would work and hope it wouldn't... just conversating...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Lemme clear this statement up before someone goes spinnin' off on my like Michael Savage...

I was just stating that it would make 'most' people living around Israel happy if they'd leave or were gone etc... so with new power coming to life over in the middle-east, there is a possibility of a wanna-be Hitler...

I doubt it would work and hope it wouldn't... just conversating...

Its entirely possible for another Hitler-ish ruler to take power, however, i do not believe anyone is foolish enough to attempt it, we all saw what happened last time someone decided that the Jewish people should leave.

etbu
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Truth always comes out. I just have a problem with the Bible thumpers that use the Jewish folk to justify their own beliefs.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Truth always comes out. I just have a problem with the Bible thumpers that use the Jewish folk to justify their own beliefs.

Me too! Even though im a full on baptist, the fact still remains that i was born jewish, so i dont exactly take too kindly to people using us as an excuse.

sinton66
01-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I think you're getting a little off track here. I don't see anyone "using the Jewish folk". What I've seen thus far in this thread is support of the Jewish people.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm just agreeing but i think etbu is talking to gobbla2001 on this.

sinton66
01-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, actually I was talking to etbu. It was his statement I refered to in my post.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, actually I was talking to etbu. It was his statement I refered to in my post.

Ya..but it never hurts to make sure!
Know what i mean?

Bullaholic
01-28-2006, 10:16 PM
If this thread stays on "Israel" and its history, I think it may have a "little" more life----anytime the discussion embraces religion, race, or politics---it will most always come to a controversial and/or acrimonious end.

sinton66
01-29-2006, 09:28 AM
It is possible for there to be another "Hitler", but it's not too likely that he will be from the middle east. A significant part of Hitler's rise to prominence was due to German technology and ingenuity. Most of the middle east pales in comparison, even today, 60+ years later.

Ironically enough, Hamas will be facing Israel to the West, and American presence in Iraq to the East. How much of that is coincidence? Did someone know in advance how these elections would turn out? Sure looks like the U.S. just might be in the right place at the right time. Could this be the prelude to the famous "Battle of Armageddon"?

sinton66
01-29-2006, 09:16 PM
I didn't mean to scare anybody off this thread, just thought I'd provide some food for thought.;)

If the book of Revelation is to be believed, we've still got 24 to 29 years before the apocalypse occurs. The book said that Christ would be at the right hand of God in heaven for two thousand years during which mankind would have free rein over the earth. After that time, he will come upon the earth a second time. Most scholars believe that Christ was 30 to 35 years old when he was crucified. That would mean the second coming should occur somewhere between 2030 and 2035, provided the calendar is correct (but of course, no one can say for certain). After the events in Revelations occur, Christ will rule the earth for another thousand years (presumably, to show mankind how it SHOULD be done). At the end of that thousand years, Satan and his false prophets will be released from the nether world again.

Hupernikomen
01-30-2006, 12:40 AM
I would like to see your 2000 year church age verse..new one on me.

sinton66
01-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I would like to see your 2000 year church age verse..new one on me.

The thousand year earthly reign is in Revelations. It's been so long ago that I found the two thousand year reference that I don't remember where it was. When I get some time, I'll see if I can find it again.