PDA

View Full Version : Vick defends lil bro

injuredinmelee
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Updated: Jan. 25, 2006, 11:19 PM ET
Falcons' QB Vick defends his troubled brotherAssociated Press

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick believes Virginia Tech overreacted when the school dismissed his brother, Marcus, from the football team after he stomped on an opposing player during the Gator Bowl.

Michael Vick

Marcus Vick

Marcus Vick later claimed the incident was accidental and that he apologized to Louisville's Elvis Dumervil, but the All-American defensive end denied receiving an apology.

Michael Vick, who led Virginia Tech to the 1999 national title game as a redshirt freshman, was at the Gator Bowl and saw his brother step on Dumervil.

"Sometimes your emotions just take over," Michael Vick said during halftime Wednesday night of the Atlanta Hawks' game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. "I know Marcus. He's not the kind of kid that's going to do something like that on purpose. That's just something he's got to live with, and now it's just time to move on."

Marcus Vick's Gator Bowl antics came after he received a speeding ticket on Dec. 17 in Hampton, Va., for driving with a suspended license.

He had been under a "zero tolerance" policy at Virginia Tech following his suspension from the university for the 2004 season after several legal problems.

Earlier this month, just three days after being kicked off the football team, Vick was arrested and charged with pulling a gun on three teenagers in Virginia.

The 21-year-old is free on $10,000 bond until he makes a March court appearance in Suffolk, Va., to face three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm.

The brothers are living together now in Michael Vick's home in Duluth, Ga.

Michael said he believes Marcus will be exonerated.

"No, I ain't mad," Michael Vick said. "He didn't do anything wrong. The world will all know when the truth comes out."

Marcus Vick was a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection last year as a sophomore. After being dismissed from the team, he made himself eligible for the NFL draft in April.

Michael Vick hadn't spoken of his brother's problems since the Falcons ended their 8-8 season with a 44-11 home loss to Carolina.

The decision to fire his position coach, Mike Johnson, on Jan. 4 surprised Vick, who made the Pro Bowl twice in the last two years.

"It hurts me to see him go," Vick said. "I wish we could've kept him around. I don't know why he's gone, but that decision was made, and it's just something I've got to deal with."

Vick has not yet spoken to a Falcons official since head coach Jim Mora hired Bill Musgrave as quarterbacks coach on Tuesday. He wished the team had consulted him before making the moves.

"I think it would've been appropriate, but it's all good," Vick said. "I can't make those decisions. That's why they coach."

injuredinmelee
01-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Marcus has beennothing but trouble throughout his college years. Of course Mikey would defend him thats what big brothers do. I love the fact that some people think since Mikle defended him its the gospel. They are both idiots!

Maroon87
01-26-2006, 10:29 AM
I see rough sailing ahead for Vick and the Falcons. That team basically quit at the end of the season, and #7 is supposed to be their leader, but he was deflecting blame left and right.

football4life
01-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Yea mike definitely has some big work ahead of him if he wants to regain all that hype that he used to have. Everyone is starting to figure out that he may not be able to do as much as we all thought. Yea he did some great stuff for a while, but like always, "what have you done for me lately??"

kaorder1999
01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
give me a freaking break. Accidental by butt. I just lost some respect for Michael Vick

District303aPastPlayer
01-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
give me a freaking break. Accidental by butt. I just lost some respect for Michael Vick

so you would just flat out say your brother is a horses backside and a jerk off if you were in that position?

HighSchool Fan
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so you would just flat out say your brother is a horses backside and a jerk off if you were in that position?

it's better to say nothing instead of saying a lie.

District303aPastPlayer
01-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
it's better to say nothing instead of saying a lie.

yeah, the entire remove all doubt theory, but give the guy a break. not pointing ka out directly by saying this, but there are a load of people who talk with a holier than thou attitude on a number of celebs. its pretty amazing to know that each one of them has led that great of a life to where they have never made a mistake or had a lapse in judgement.

HighSchool Fan
01-26-2006, 03:11 PM
yeah, the entire remove all doubt theory, but give the guy a break. not pointing ka out directly by saying this, but there are a load of people who talk with a holier than thou attitude on a number of celebs. its pretty amazing to know that each one of them has led that great of a life to where they have never made a mistake or had a lapse in judgement.

sounds like your calling the kettle black

big daddy russ
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
...there are a load of people who talk with a holier than thou attitude on a number of celebs. its pretty amazing to know that each one of them has led that great of a life to where they have never made a mistake or had a lapse in judgement.

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
sounds like your calling the kettle black
Sounds to me like he's describing the pot.