PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the 3a connection in this one

AggieJohn
01-25-2006, 08:11 PM
When you get right down to it, a recruit's perception of an institution is based on the people he interacts with during his contacts with the school.

Rivals.com

Cuero running back Latreal Cooper may run track this spring.
For running back Latreal Cooper, his official visit to Texas A&M reminded him of his hometown of Cuero.

Not because of the sticks and bricks, but the flesh and blood personified by the A&M coaching staff and young and upcoming quarterback Stephen McGee.

"I guess you can say the best part was when we first got there," Cooper said. "We met all of the coaches. They made you feel like you're at home. It's like you had known them for years. They were really nice."

McGee wasn't the only player Cooper met on his visit.

"Our hosts showed us around and we got to meet some players," Cooper said. "I met Stephen McGee and some of the offensive and defensive linemen like Chris Harrington, Chris Yoder, Japhus Brown and others".

McGee, though, left a lasting impression.

"I really like (McGee)," Cooper said. "I think it's going to be awesome playing with him. It was like I had known him for years too. I actually went to his house. He showed me around and told me what it was like at A&M."

But the sticks and bricks that Cooper saw impressed him as well.

"They are indescribable, top of line," Cooper said. "They told me how they're building a Jumbotron. It's going to be very nice. The Bright Complex was awesome. I drove around and went to the sports museum. That was awesome. It was the best I had ever seen."

Cooper was also told about improvements that will be added to A&M soon.

"Saturday night at dinner they showed highlights of the season and talked about the facilities," Cooper said. "There's going to be an indoor facility with a track. There's also going to be upgrades on the stadium with electronic displays where they have the 12th Man on the stadium. It will have ads and the names of players that are in on plays."

Sunday morning Cooper met with head coach Dennis Franchione who was very complimentary of Cooper.

"He was really glad that I wanted to be part of A&M," Cooper said. "He said I was a good kid and that I have my head on straight. He said to keep working out and doing everything I had been doing."

Cooper suffered three torn knee ligaments and a broken bone in his leg in a scrimmage prior to his junior year. He suffered a further setback when he got an infection last summer after the removal of the screw. However, Cooper worked diligently and, despite not being at 100-percent for most of the season, had 246 yards and eight touchdowns in Cuero's first four playoff games. Now, he's recovered sufficiently to perhaps even run track this spring.

"It's pretty good. I don't have any complaints," Cooper said. "Right now, I'm trying to get the strength back in my leg as well as my speed and endurance. My strength in the leg was okay, but I'm not satisfied. I want to be extra strong."

Overall, the visit was everything Cooper hoped it would be.

"I have no complaints," Cooper said. "It was excellent."

Gobbla2001
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
Japhus Brown and Latreal Cooper... two district 26-3A boys...

44INAROW
01-25-2006, 10:03 PM
CCCOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :) I'd love to watch him run track this year, hope that works out..... Can't wait to watch him play for the Aggies:)

Gobbla2001
01-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
CCCOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :) I'd love to watch him run track this year, hope that works out..... Can't wait to watch him play for the Aggies:)

Can't wait to see Cody Wallace open up a hole for Coop at Center... Cuero lineman blockin' for a Cuero RB...

They need to go to UT though...

Bandera YaYa
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
They need to go to UT though... ha, then what would aj have to post about?????? hahahahahahahahaha