PDA

View Full Version : I saved the government 10 million dollars

Paratrooper
01-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Kind of proud of myself today. I actually saved the government 10 million dollars today after 2 years of trying to get this done. I did a lot (A LOT) of research and had my ducks in a row. I really won't go into any details about it because of where I work, but I was actually proud of this. It saved the taxpayers a lot of money and stepped on a few toes getting it done (they needed stepping on)....haha. However, common sense prevailed and they are FINALLY taking steps to remedy the problem.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-24-2006, 09:56 PM
wanna elaborate?

better yet i wanna guess

by switching to geico...right....:rolleyes:

bulldogbark
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
some places at FT Bragg that is elaboration:D I know how it is...my wife half the time didnt know were I was at;)

Paratrooper
01-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
wanna elaborate?

I really can't because of operational concerns. I would love to and it is a good story, but I am mindful of there are always other's out there that look to use information in a bad way and our weaknesses and this was a weakness we had. However, I am really glad that the problem is finally solved. You just don't know.

Paratrooper
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
some places at FT Bragg that is elaboration:D I know how it is...my wife half the time didnt know were I was at;)

Thanks for understanding Bulldogbark. Most people don't understand the type of units that are out here, but man I am so freakin glad that this has finally stopped. I know you served your time out here also :D

Snyder_TigerFan
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
You just don't know.

You're right.

bulldogbark
01-24-2006, 10:04 PM
hey will you get a % I know they had some programs where if you could save the military money they would get you a % not much but it was cool...I got a little on some munitions stuff

SnyTigBaseB07
01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
You're right.

I'd have to agree with you on that

bulldogbark
01-24-2006, 10:06 PM
if I could get rid of this stupid cancer i got I will be headiing up there for one of the All American weeks...do they still do it since the post is problely a little smaller now?

Paratrooper
01-24-2006, 10:07 PM
hey will you get a % I know they had some programs where if you could save the military money they would get you a % not much but it was cool...I got a little on some munitions stuff

Honestly I thought about the compensation for it, however, I really didn't want to give the appearance that my motivation is with getting the percentage. It was something that will benefit the warfighter on the ground and make them somewhat safer in Iraq and Afghanistan so that is payment enough.

lepfan
01-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Could you go to Topeka and work with Katheryn...she needs a little help in money management.

sinton66
01-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Kind of proud of myself today. I actually saved the government 10 million dollars today after 2 years of trying to get this done. I did a lot (A LOT) of research and had my ducks in a row. I really won't go into any details about it because of where I work, but I was actually proud of this. It saved the taxpayers a lot of money and stepped on a few toes getting it done (they needed stepping on)....haha. However, common sense prevailed and they are FINALLY taking steps to remedy the problem.

Well, I for one want to sincerely thank you.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Honestly I thought about the compensation for it, however, I really didn't want to give the appearance that my motivation is with getting the percentage. It was something that will benefit the warfighter on the ground and make them somewhat safer in Iraq and Afghanistan so that is payment enough.

Well, in that case, thanks for all that you do for our country.

AggieJohn
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
did you finally tell the too switch from 3 ply toilet paper to 2 ply because it would be cheaper, because i've been trying to convey that to my local recruiter

Paratrooper
01-24-2006, 10:12 PM
if I could get rid of this stupid cancer i got I will be headiing up there for one of the All American weeks...do they still do it since the post is problely a little smaller now?

Bulldogbark, I am sorry to hear that you have cancer. I tell you if you ever make it up for All American week, I will certainly get you in the pass and review. With the BRAC and all Bragg will start to get some new folks out here. We are going to lose a few but you should see how they are going to this modularity. They are really making sweeping changes to make the force better equipped to fight the war on terrorism. They did a great thing in doing this. We will go through some growing pains with it, but overall it is a good concept. We are structured right now for the older cold war.

bulldogbark
01-24-2006, 11:27 PM
good to hear, I was there just as the modular concept was on the drawing board but didnt get to see it in action. you bet I will be up there soon...got to see the old 504th PIR "dem Devils in baggy pants" and some of my buds I was with in HHC & HHC Special warfare detatchment....and I really wanna see the new museam that they put together downtown,,, I heard it was fantastic...Airborne All the Way:D :D

Gobbla2001
01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
I know how he did it... I will tell you exactly how:

By switching to Geico...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

By switching to Geico...

totally said that earlier! lol

Ranger Mom
01-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

By switching to Geico...

Is there an echo in here??

(haha...love ya D);) :inlove: :kiss:

Gobbla2001
01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Damn, see, I just glanced through to make sure no one said it... it was late and I was tired as all hell... sorry, buddy...

And a late Happy Birthday to you, K... Hope it was a good one...