PDA

View Full Version : Artest traded to the Kings

Snyder_TigerFan
01-24-2006, 04:57 PM
This may not the the popular vote, but personally I like Artest's playing style, but maybe not his off court antics. I'll be anxious to see if he makes any kind of impact on the King's season.

From ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indiana Pacers have agreed to trade Ron Artest to the Sacramento Kings in exchange for Peja Stojakovic pending league approval, ESPN's Jim Gray has confirmed Tuesday.

The deal closes a chapter in the Pacers' latest drama involving the volatile star forward.

Kings owners Gavin and Joe Maloof on ESPNEWS would not comment directly on ESPN's report that the Kings pending league approval will trade Peja Stojakovic to the Pacers for Ron Artest. "We're awaiting final word," said David Bauman, Stojakovic's agent. Stojakovic was told to stay behind as the Kings were departing their team hotel for a game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Artest was a key component to a team that was expected to challenge for the Eastern Conference crown. He led the league in steals and was the Pacers' second-leading scorer at 19.4 points a game before being deactivated after publicly requesting a trade in early December.

In five years with the Pacers, Artest was an All-Star once and was the NBA's defensive player of the year in 2003-04.

Pacers GM Larry Bird said the Pacers had been interested in Corey Maggette of the Los Angeles Clippers, but there was "no question" that Maggette's sprained left foot affected the process. Maggette averaged 21.7 points in 13 games before getting injured in early December.

The Pacers have lost four of their last five games, including Monday to the Atlanta Hawks, who have the NBA's worst record.

Adidas410s
01-24-2006, 05:30 PM
to anybody that would want to trade away arguably the best pure shooter in the game...:doh:

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Trade has been rejected

3afan
01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Yahoo story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtfiCCzmXy2IM2tAcE.7Lwo5nYcB?slug=ap-pacers-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns)

AggieJohn
01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
he didn't want to go to the kings, funny how he gets a choice

Chris Hart
01-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he didn't want to go to the kings, funny how he gets a choice He has taken a page out of Terrell Owens' book. Let's look at Terrell Owens and Ron Artest.....did we expect anything less? Two peas of the same pod, if you ask me. cut em both and send em to Canada and Europe to play ball.....:)

Snyder_TigerFan
01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
It's back on. It's now pending approval from the NBA.

football4life
01-25-2006, 07:22 PM
Yep this thing is goin down now. I definitely say Indiana got the benefit of this deal. The kings are weak, and nobody knows how stable their locker room is, so it's a roll of the dice. Peja though, can make a huge impace for the Pacers.

AggieJohn
01-25-2006, 07:52 PM
while peja is good, he's not the guy you want to have the ball when the game is on the line

District303aPastPlayer
01-25-2006, 08:45 PM
the pacers lose out in this trade....

Chief Ohera
01-25-2006, 10:34 PM
this brother is a cancer for any team, he is just like brother T.O. both of them are so ego minded that it sickens the present society, they might has well be best friends, they both have the me first attitude, it's really pretty sad.
i hope this guy screws up again and is banned from the league, and FYI, T.O. got voted the most hated athlete in the world today by GQ. anyways brother's
until next time.......................

DaHop72
01-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
this brother is a cancer for any team, he is just like brother T.O. both of them are so ego minded that it sickens the present society, they might has well be best friends, they both have the me first attitude, it's really pretty sad.
i hope this guy screws up again and is banned from the league, and FYI, T.O. got voted the most hated athlete in the world today by GQ. anyways brother's
until next time.......................
I agree with the Chief, the sooner these two are out of their respective leagues the better off everyone is.

Phil C
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
I wonder how Peja feels about the trade.

Chief Ohera
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
peja is the better fit for the kids, yes the kings get the better player but they also get all the trash that comes w/it. peja will make the kings a good team but those brothers are still a couple of years away from what they used to be,
until next time...............

Chief Ohera
01-26-2006, 06:23 PM
my bad brothers peja will make the pacers not the kings a decent team but not great.