PDA

View Full Version : Is the 20-3 victory over Luling something that should boost the Cardinals confidence?

hands35
09-06-2003, 06:12 PM
With the win friday over Luling 20-3, should the Cardinals confidence be boosted? Or are they not quite the team to brag about defeating?

Gobbla2001
09-06-2003, 06:15 PM
It's up to the team to decide whether or not a win is a confidence builder... Not knowing the players personally, I don't know what their reaction is...

hands35
09-06-2003, 06:21 PM
as a team...the cardinals play together and never give up...we never hang our heads and we are usually confident...we need to stay that way and finish out the season as a team...

the tigers are back
09-06-2003, 06:22 PM
I don't think so , because Wharton is very strong team in size and speed. On the other hand i don't think that the cardinals is about to lay down and quit. Certainly they are a sleeper for the rattlers since last year they practially ripped the rattlers apart.How i don't know , but it goes to show us that on any given day you can be beat. Just asked Marlin,La grange,Forney and Brenham. eek!

Speed24
09-06-2003, 06:23 PM
With me being part of the Cardinal team, We know what we're capable of. The way our defense performed friday is the way it needs to stay but yet improve.

Brahma73
09-06-2003, 07:05 PM
Attended the game. The major differences between this game & the Wharton game were the game plan for the Cardinals and the closer match-up with the opponent. This week, the Cards opened up the offense early and seemed very confident. They effectively used the short pass and a little razzle dazzle and took the lead. Luling has some good athletes, and is not a bad team. They just weren't able to play come-back against the Columbus defense once they saw they really could win a football game.
Though the Cardinals are not a big, physical team with great speed, they are a very intelligent and together group. Coach A obviously has a great relationship with the boys and they earned a team win. Against Wharton, they were just seriously overmatched man for man and really had no chance.