PDA

View Full Version : "Friday Night Lights"- The Series

Bullaholic
01-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Looks like "Friday Night Lights" is going to be made into a series. They announced that they are going to start casting in Austin on Tues. of next week. They are looking for ex-football players 18-27 years of age. A lot of you guys can go seek your fame and fortune.

GreenMonster
01-23-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Looks like "Friday Night Lights" is going to be made into a series. They announced that they are going to start casting in Austin on Tues. of next week. They are looking for ex-football players 18-27 years of age. A lot of you guys can go seek your fame and fortune.

Dang it! I'm 29. Too old for this show. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep buying them Lucky Lotto tickets to find my fortune.

District303aPastPlayer
01-23-2006, 11:46 PM
im of age for this :)

GreenMonster
01-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
im of age for this :)

Too bad you left all your game in the H-E-B parking lot FOO! :D
Go for it Aaron. Heard they were in dire straights to find someone believable to portray the "Get Back!" coach. I'm just kiddin. I need to leave you alone. I been breakin' your balls for a couple of days now.

District303aPastPlayer
01-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Too bad you left all your game in the H-E-B parking lot FOO! :D
Go for it Aaron. Heard they were in dire straights to find someone believable to portray the "Get Back!" coach. I'm just kiddin. I need to leave you alone. I been breakin' your balls for a couple of days now.

man, what have i done lately... i havent even been on... although that one buttpirate guy is over there trying to be funny on the other thread...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-24-2006, 12:34 AM
Well darn i'm not quite old enough, but i could totally pull off being 18...and a football player..its not much of a stretch.

Phil C
01-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Why couldn't this opportunity have happened when I was 15 years younger!

:D

hata_hurta06
01-24-2006, 09:33 AM
:thinking:

neck_06
01-24-2006, 09:34 AM
where did you say the auditions were at?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

AggieJohn
01-24-2006, 10:02 AM
i know, i'll be a lineman

Ranger Mom
01-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i know, i'll be a lineman

Hey...I bet that they are auditioning for water boys too!!:kiss: :kiss: :inlove:

AggieJohn
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey...I bet that they are auditioning for water boys too!!:kiss: :kiss: :inlove:

can't do that anymore, i'm big league now RM, big league......

District303aPastPlayer
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM

:eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
01-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I could be like kicker with my size and all.

District303aPastPlayer
01-24-2006, 10:18 AM
is anyone else really worried that texans will come off as total redneck hicks from the sticks that dont speak a lick of understandable english...

AggieJohn
01-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I could be like kicker with my size and all. we'll let you play slot reciever....you sit in the third slot on the bench and receive the water bottles when i chunk them at you

Old Tiger
01-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
is anyone else really worried that texans will come off as total redneck hicks from the sticks that dont speak a lick of understandable english... Who cares that's how we are all portrayed in movies anyway.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Who cares that's how we are all portrayed in movies anyway.

I never noticed how bad till they came out with the movie about Jessica McClure (the baby who fell in the well).....

they would be talking to ONE person and say, "what do yall want to eat?" instead of "what do YOU want to eat.

That just drove me up the wall! :mad:

HillBoy
01-24-2006, 03:51 PM
This would be a pretty fun job.

sww-bull52
01-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I never noticed how bad till they came out with the movie about Jessica McClure (the baby who fell in the well).....

they would be talking to ONE person and say, "what do yall want to eat?" instead of "what do YOU want to eat.

That just drove me up the wall! :mad:

That's because they get non-Texans to play Texans and they overdo the accent. They need to let the actors live in Texas for about a year and they MIGHT be able to pull it off.

Bullaholic
01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
They need to let MAtthew McConaughey and Tommy Lee Jones be in it.

sww-bull52
01-24-2006, 04:04 PM

YEAH!!!!!

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM

woo hoo....best idea I have heard all day! Excellent thought!

44INAROW
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM

I think Gobblerfan02 will want that job :D :D :D

and think this is a great idea

pirate4state
01-24-2006, 04:59 PM
They need to let MAtthew McConaughey and Tommy Lee Jones be in it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

olddawggreen
01-25-2006, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bullaholic
[B]Looks like "Friday Night Lights" is going to be made into a series. They announced that they are going to start casting in Austin on Tues. of next week. They are looking for ex-football players 18-27 years of age. A lot of you guo

Where did you hear about this? I know someone that might really be interested in checking it out, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.:(

Bullaholic
01-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bullaholic
[B]Looks like "Friday Night Lights" is going to be made into a series. They announced that they are going to start casting in Austin on Tues. of next week. They are looking for ex-football players 18-27 years of age. A lot of you guo

Where did you hear about this? I know someone that might really be interested in checking it out, but I haven't been able to find any information on it.:(

One of the local DFW TV stations aired the story on their 10:00 news. Was either WFAA or Ch 5(WBAP?).

Old Tiger
01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
They told me I could be the water boy or ball boy....I chose water.

I figured I could get more camera exposure.