PDA

View Full Version : Can Celina do it this time?

PPHSfan
01-22-2006, 09:41 AM
They brought their fifty plus game winning streak to 3a four years ago and have only managed to lose four games in the last four years. They most likely will come to 3a again as the 2a state champs. Can they be the first team to win back to back titles after moving UP a classification?

turbostud
01-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
They brought their fifty plus game winning streak to 3a four years ago and have only managed to lose four games in the last four years. They most likely will come to 3a again as the 2a state champs. Can they be the first team to win back to back titles after moving UP a classification?

I dont think so. The competion is going to be to tough. Are they going to be in Gainesvilles district? They will be in the playoffs as always but I dont think they can win it all.

Gobbla2001
01-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Depends on what they have coming back... Most people here gave a big 'hell no' their first year in 3A, but they did very well...

They remind me of a Wimberly, tough bunch of kids with great coaching... anything is possible, that's for sure... don't go saying 'well they're 2A, not enough numbers to do it'.... but if they get moved up to 3A, they WILL have the numbers, numbers close to what Tatum had this year when they won it all...

Don't hate...:D

Matthew328
01-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I think if they move up they'll be very good....don't think they'd win it all though...they had a lot of great seniors this year too..

Phil C
01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
You have to remember that they will be in division 2 which may increase their chances since they will be competing in the playoffs with schools closer to their size.

Rabbit'93
01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Depends on the recruiting class they get this year.

Fletch
01-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Depends on the recruiting class they get this year.

Good recruiting class, several from Forney. Tired of losing.....:D

turbostud
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

lol

Matthew328
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
poor Forney they have really struggled in 4A....doesn't look to be improving anytime soon...

gtownpoke
01-23-2006, 12:08 AM
They might not even win their first game.

hata_hurta06
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
ouch

SportsScribe
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
it's a lot easier to win it all when you're the big kid on the block in 2a than it is when you're the runt in 3a. simple enrollment numbers say they won't go all the way.

Rabbit'93
01-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

Pretty tough to be in 11-4A. Highland Park (State Champs), Wylie, & Terrell all pretty darn good teams.

turbostud
01-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by SportsScribe
it's a lot easier to win it all when you're the big kid on the block in 2a than it is when you're the runt in 3a. simple enrollment numbers say they won't go all the way.

I wouldnt consider them a "runt" in 3a. Their resume looks quite good when they were in 3a two years ago.

Now Whitesboro could be considered a "runt" in 3a.

Black_Magic
01-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
They brought their fifty plus game winning streak to 3a four years ago and have only managed to lose four games in the last four years. They most likely will come to 3a again as the 2a state champs. Can they be the first team to win back to back titles after moving UP a classification? Would be hard to even make it out of the Region.

PPHSfan
01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SportsScribe

LOL

Tatum_Fan
01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
tatum was the second smallest runt in 3a...go figure
which once again proves, size doesn't matter - it's what you do with the goods

Celina had a higher number than Tatum this year....

Leopards,class of 75
01-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Celina will compete just fine in 3A football. Maybe not a state champ for a while, but don't count them out in a few years. Really a great program in Celina and they will be in the playoffs soon I.M.O.

gtownpoke
01-27-2006, 05:15 PM
There is no doubt they will be in the playoffs but when they were 3A they hit an east texas road block both years in the second round.

PPHSfan
01-27-2006, 06:40 PM
They missed an extra point and lost by one point against the first " East Texas Road Block". They also beat Gainesville their first year in 3a. If Celina moves up to 3a it would not surprise me to see them in the top ten pre season rankings.

gtownpoke
01-27-2006, 07:10 PM
They also got throttled by an "east texas road block."

PPHSfan
01-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
They also got throttled by an "east texas road block."

Gilmer was killing everyone that year.:p

chubbed_up
01-28-2006, 01:22 PM
i hope they do win it all...i love to see stuff like this

gtownpoke
01-28-2006, 05:22 PM
If scheduling works out the way I heard it could I doubt they win their first game of the year in 3A.

NateDawg39
01-28-2006, 05:29 PM
If scheduling works out the way I heard it could I doubt they win their first game of the year in 3A. and why is that

HighSchool Fan
01-28-2006, 05:38 PM
If scheduling works out the way I heard it could I doubt they win their first game of the year in 3A.

if the scheduling works out like celina wants it to, the school of the blind would be their 1st opponet. that would probably be followed up by a 6 man team or some private school that has just started playing football this year.

gtownpoke
01-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I was told not to let the specifics be in public so just have some patience. Like I said it might not actually happen. The game happening depends on a third team actually. SO ya just have some patience and watch. It will be worth it.

If you are half way intelligent you can see clues and know where I am heading with this. If you have any questions my email is ostate10@earthlink.net and I might could answer some through that. I just dont want to on here.

mwynn05
01-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Everyone is saying "a few years" in a few years Celina good be looking at 4a

gtownpoke
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I meant more along the lines of a couple of weeks.

HighSchool Fan
01-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I meant more along the lines of a couple of weeks.

i'm guessing you saying celina/gilmer will match up. i would be surprised, actually i might pass out, if celina plays anyone like gilmer unless it's district or playoffs.

NateDawg39
01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I was told not to let the specifics be in public so just have some patience. Like I said it might not actually happen. The game happening depends on a third team actually. SO ya just have some patience and watch. It will be worth it.

If you are half way intelligent you can see clues and know where I am heading with this. If you have any questions my email is ostate10@earthlink.net and I might could answer some through that. I just dont want to on here. well if its not supposed to be in public dont bring it up.

gtownpoke
01-28-2006, 06:54 PM
just something exciting to watch for.

turbostud
01-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
Everyone is saying "a few years" in a few years Celina good be looking at 4a

My mom is a teacher in the current district that Celina is in and says that Argyle could be 4a in two years also as well as Prosper. The districts in that area are in for some major changes with Callisburg possibly moving up also.

HighSchool Fan
01-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
My mom is a teacher in the current district that Celina is in and says that Argyle could be 4a in two years also as well as Prosper. The districts in that area are in for some major changes with Callisburg possibly moving up also.

i agree with argyle and prosper growing rapidly. i have kin folk at callisburg and they actually are going down in numbers.