PDA

View Full Version : This deeply saddens me

eagles_victory
01-21-2006, 10:38 PM
AKRON, Ohio -- The mother of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James has been arrested for driving while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and other charges, police said.

Gloria James, 37, of suburban Green, was pulled over Friday night by two off-duty officers, said Akron Police Lt. Rick Edwards.

They were working security for the Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority in an unmarked car when they spotted James, who was alone in the 2004 Cadillac Escalade, he said.

The officers say James' car "almost hit" the housing authority car, Edwards said.

"She starts weaving in and out of traffic and passing people on the right," he said.

The officers said James smelled of alcohol and she appeared to be disoriented, Edwards said. She struggled with police as they attempted to put handcuffs on her. They put her in the back seat of the housing authority car and she kicked out a window, Edwards said.

James was taken to a police station, where she refused to take breath or sobriety tests, Edwards said.

She posted a $2,500 bond and was released.

She was charged with reckless operation, speeding for driving 50 mph in a 30-mph zone, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and damaging police equipment.

LeBron James, in Salt Lake City for a game against the Utah Jazz, declined to comment.

"I don't have all the info of what's going on," he said. "Once I find that out and once I sit down with my family, you know, I'll be able to comment on it a little bit better."

I hate it for my boy 'Bron

SnyTigBaseB07
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Thats terrible, hopefully people wont hold this against LeBron.

MHSvarsity2007
01-21-2006, 11:20 PM
gah thats horrible. :(

eagles_victory
01-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Lebron responded to all of this with 51 points in leading his Cavs to a 108-90 win they needed this game bad they were on a losing streak.

STANG RED
01-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Another sad thing about this story is, If it were me or you or our mammas, it would be a non story. For the most part, no one would care. But because it was Lebron's momma, it makes national news. I dont know about you, but to me, that is sad. I didnt need to know this! You didnt need to know this! Why cant that report real news, that really affects our lives?

eagles_victory
01-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Another sad thing about this story is, If it were me or you or our mammas, it would be a non story. For the most part, no one would care. But because it was Lebron's momma, it makes national news. I dont know about you, but to me, that is sad. I didnt need to know this! You didnt need to know this! Why cant that report real news, that really affects our lives? i agree with you 100 percent on that.

Whsdogs
01-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Another sad thing about this story is, If it were me or you or our mammas, it would be a non story. For the most part, no one would care. But because it was Lebron's momma, it makes national news. I dont know about you, but to me, that is sad. I didnt need to know this! You didnt need to know this! Why cant that report real news, that really affects our lives?

because Lebron is one of the most famous bball players and thats the medias job...

EAGLETOWN
01-22-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
because Lebron is one of the most famous bball players and thats the medias job...

He is still human and the media has no ethics.

How would you like it if your every move was publicized.

If I was him I would have fun with them.

I would do stupid crap just to keep them busy.

It would be like Oh there he goes again.

:thinking: I wonder if LeBron farted in public, would they write about that. :thinking:

The reason they harp on the big stars is they are hard to get stories on.

I would give them so many stories that it would not be worth any thing to them after a while and they would find another super star to harp on.

piratebg
01-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Hopefully, she is punished to the fullest extent, but because she is Lebron's mother, she will get off with a slap on the wrist, some court fees, and maybe even probation. If this has happened to one of us, the punishment would be much more severe. DWIs happen to both bad and good people who decide to get behind the wheel. Disorderly conduct(against on officer) and damaging police equipment are not easily forgivable, intoxicated or not, IMO.

3afan
01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
why is this terrible/horrible? a potential killer was caught and stopped before she could kill/maim/disable innocent people. hopefully she gets wht she rightfully deserves ....

SportsScribe
01-22-2006, 12:48 PM
the media is like any other business, it's market-driven. plain and simple, if the public didn't watch/read "news" like this, the media wouldn't offer it up.

STANG RED
01-22-2006, 12:53 PM
It should be the medias role to publish real news and not gossip. This is just simply gossip! It is not real news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not taking up for Lebons mom. Its just none of our business is all I'm saying.

3afan
01-22-2006, 01:06 PM
if you lived in Akron, OH it would sure as hell be your business - you could be one of her victims

eagles_victory
01-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
why is this terrible/horrible? a potential killer was caught and stopped before she could kill/maim/disable innocent people. hopefully she gets wht she rightfully deserves .... I meant horrible for Lebron because he gave his mom all that stuff and this is how she repays him.

SportsScribe
01-22-2006, 01:27 PM
It should be the medias role to publish real news and not gossip. This is just simply gossip! It is not real news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not taking up for Lebons mom. Its just none of our business is all I'm saying.

it should be the medical profession's "role" to make sure we all have access to good healthcare,

it should be the oil companies' "role" to provide us with reasonably priced gasoline,

it should be the electric companies' "role" to make sure we can keep warm on less than a $500 utility bill,

and so on and so on and so on.

these are for the most-part private industries just like media businesses. why does the media have to live up to a holier-than-thou "role" at the expense of their own well-being? like i said, don't like the product? don't buy/use it and they'll change. or at least you'll feel better about not contributing to their pocketbooks.

and it's not like media company execs out there are sitting around saying, "let's piss off our customers by giving them something they don't want. that'll answer all our bottom-dollar problems.

the market dictates the product and apparently there are enough "buyers" of covereage like this or it wouldn't be out there.

as for your gossip argument, if the stupid, irresponsible bimbo got caught drunk driving and was arrested, that's not gossip, that's facts.

i'll step off my soapbox now.

3afan
01-22-2006, 01:32 PM
:clap:

Rabbit'93
01-22-2006, 02:14 PM
personally I could care less who's momma it was. Why feel bad for someone that could have potentially killed some one. That and why feel bad for LeBron? when's the last time he invited anyone from 3ADL over for dinner?

If people don't read it the media wouldn't publish it. The simple fact is that we as americans idolize sports figures and celebrities and want to know there every move. So they dig into every little nook and cranny to find something news worthy.

lostaussie
01-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SportsScribe
as for your gossip argument, if the stupid, irresponsible bimbo got caught drunk driving and was arrested, that's not gossip, that's facts.
correct as correct can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANG RED
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
correct as correct can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gossip is gossip whether it is fact or not!
I'll bet there were at least 100 people in Akron that commited far worse offenses last week than Lebrons mom. Bet you never heard a damn word about any of those did ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPanIN
01-23-2006, 09:05 AM
She hasn't been convicted of anything yet. She was charged and released.

Most of you have already gotten the rope slung over the tree.

neck_06
01-23-2006, 09:11 AM

took the words right out of my mouth!!!

hata_hurta06
01-23-2006, 09:43 AM
:clap: :thinking: :clap:

3afan
01-23-2006, 09:45 AM
regardless of who's mamma it was - its a great thing that she was stopped and taken off the streets - thats all that really matters