PDA

View Full Version : 22AAA Basketball

expect2win08
01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
This district might actually have an interesting race this year...it seems to be a four horse race but unfortunately one of the teams has to stay at home whose it gonna be?

Coldspring 1-2
Jasper 3-0
Shepherd 2-1
Silsbee 3-0

NateDawg39
01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I know nothing about any of these teams but I went with Sheperd because they remind me of sheep and I hate sheep! With there stupid "baa"! Baa"! sound and white fluff!!!:mad:

Astrosdawg07
01-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Show the standings that might help people.

expect2win08
01-22-2006, 02:34 PM
there i updated the results

Tiger90
01-22-2006, 07:42 PM
2 votes for the #2 team in the state Silsbee?:confused:

They have already beat Shepard and Coldspring once this year. Jasper is this Friday in Silsbee. Shepard will be sitting home looking at baseball season.

hata_hurta06
01-23-2006, 10:29 AM
I read it wrong so my vote may seem stupid

Pirate66
01-23-2006, 11:11 PM
ya'll boys better start respecting cause shepherd is gonna be in the playoffs this year in the #1 or #2 spot and thats a fact cause they're so far they've only been beat by Silsbee in district, and i saw that game and Silsbee couldnt even shoot the ball if everyone on there team wasnt seven feet tall and getting all the rebounds they wouldnt have squat because they have to shoot it at least 5 times to make it once, so you can vote how you want on this little poll but when its all said and done you'll know the truth

pirate_qb_11
01-23-2006, 11:26 PM
it is kind hard to pick who will be sitting at home right now...i say ask this ? in a week and see what happens then...i see the darkhorse shepherd still playing after the reg. season..i see the coldspring trojans sittin at the house tryin to work on their other b-ball skillz..which needs a LOT of work

SHS
01-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Pirate66
ya'll boys better start respecting cause shepherd is gonna be in the playoffs this year in the #1 or #2 spot and thats a fact cause they're so far they've only been beat by Silsbee in district, and i saw that game and Silsbee couldnt even shoot the ball if everyone on there team wasnt seven feet tall and getting all the rebounds they wouldnt have squat because they have to shoot it at least 5 times to make it once, so you can vote how you want on this little poll but when its all said and done you'll know the truth

You were the one sayin shepherd would make playoffs in the fall huh? If sislbee gets the ball back five times and five chances to shoot it everytime then whats that say about your team :thinking: Don't know why people are tryin to vote #2 team in state out of not makin the playoffs. Mark it down same as last year 1.Silsbee 2. Jasper 3. Coldspring.

Pirate66
01-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SHS
You were the one sayin shepherd would make playoffs in the fall huh? If sislbee gets the ball back five times and five chances to shoot it everytime then whats that say about your team :thinking: Don't know why people are tryin to vote #2 team in state out of not makin the playoffs. Mark it down same as last year 1.Silsbee 2. Jasper 3. Coldspring.

it says we dont grow everyone 7 feet tall around here were normal

and by the way i never said you would be out of the playoffs just that we would be in them

SHS
01-23-2006, 11:58 PM

and by the way i never said you would be out of the playoffs just that we would be in them

Starting lineup for us 6'8'',6'4'',6'1'',6'1'' and don't forget about our pg who is about 5'6'' and will run circles all over you

SHS
01-24-2006, 12:00 AM

Exactly .......normal, average team

wos fan1
01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Tough District..

Pirate66
01-24-2006, 12:01 AM
wow lets get out some numbers and be all technical, i still say ya'll can't shoot, and that if it wasnt for your tall guys standing under the basket to grab the ball and throw it up a few more times you wouldnt have squat

SHS
01-24-2006, 12:06 AM
wow lets get out some numbers and be all technical, i still say ya'll can't shoot, and that if it wasnt for your tall guys standing under the basket to grab the ball and throw it up a few more times you wouldnt have squat

He sat out the beginning of the season because of grades and we still won. Beat some quality teams such as #19 hardin jefferson without him. Silsbee losses come from #7 4a Ozen twice, 4a Central twice, 4a North Shore, hardin jefferson, and one other

Pirate66
01-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SHS
He sat out the beginning of the season because of grades and we still won. Beat some quality teams such as #19 hardin jefferson without him. Silsbee losses come from #7 4a Ozen twice, 4a Central twice, 4a North Shore, hardin jefferson, and one other

and you will have more, one of which will come from Shepherd

SHS
01-24-2006, 12:10 AM

"Tall Guys" your a joke. Rebounding is basketball. Enough of this already ........good luck in district, but i still think silsbee jasper and coldspring are the ones

Pirate66
01-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by SHS
"Tall Guys" your a joke. Rebounding is basketball. Enough of this already ........good luck in district, but i still think silsbee jasper and coldspring are the ones

aww come on this is keeping me entertained, i like controversy, but to be honest with you I dont even like basketball the only reason i saw the game against yall is because my gf was dancing in the drill team so i had to stay till half time....i just enjoy getting people stirred up

SHS
01-24-2006, 12:17 AM
aww come on this is keeping me entertained, i like controversy, but to be honest with you I dont even like basketball the only reason i saw the game against yall is because my gf was dancing in the drill team so i had to stay till half time....i just enjoy getting people stirred up

same here

Pirate66
01-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by SHS
same here

isnt this funny too people talking smack about something they dont even care about, i was just bored and decided to start talking smack on the first shepherd post i found

AggiesAreWe
01-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Silsbee will go undefeated and win district, Jasper will be second and Coldspring and Shepherd will battle it out for third.

Standings as of 1-25-06:

Silsbee 4-0
Jasper 4-0
Coldspring 2-2
Shepherd 2-2
Buna 0-4
Kirbyville 0-4

Silsbee hosts Jasper this Friday and Coldspring visits Shepherd.

SHS
01-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate_qb_11
it is kind hard to pick who will be sitting at home right now...i say ask this ? in a week and see what happens then...i see the darkhorse shepherd still playing after the reg. season..i see the coldspring trojans sittin at the house tryin to work on their other b-ball skillz..which needs a LOT of work

Fri. Scores 1-27
Silsbee over Jasper 72-64 OT
Coldspring over Shepherd 99-74
Kirbyville over Buna 56-54 OT

Silsbee sits at 21-7 (5-0), Jasper at 12-13 (4-1), Shepherd 14-10(2-2), Coldspring N/A (3-2), Kirbyville N/A (1-4), Buna N/A (0-5)

I see it the same order as last year Silsbee, Jasper, Coldspring while shepherd sits at home

Hupernikomen
01-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Jasper still has a shot at the crown when the Tigers visit the Dogs. Should be another good one.

eagle2
01-30-2006, 02:45 PM
What happened Shepard? Coldspring must have worked on their basketball skills this past friday. They almost slapped 100 on you. Better work on that D this week.

Hupernikomen
01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by eagle2
What happened Shepard? Coldspring must have worked on their basketball skills this past friday. They almost slapped 100 on you. Better work on that D this week.

Coldspring and Shepherd is a bitter rivalry. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next game be a lot closer. It has been a while since Coldspring has been out of the playoffs in basketball.

SHS
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Coldspring and Shepherd is a bitter rivalry. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next game be a lot closer. It has been a while since Coldspring has been out of the playoffs in basketball.

1-31-06 scores

Silsbee over Shepherd 94 - 37

Shepherd won't beat Coldspring

Pirate66
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SHS
1-31-06 scores

Silsbee over Shepherd 94 - 37

Shepherd won't beat Coldspring

ouch maybe i should change my screen name

Etexpirate
02-01-2006, 08:01 AM
ouch maybe i should change my screen name

Naw...you can just change your location..and claim that you are a Sinton Pirate.. My screen name is the one that can run but not hide...
:cool:

Hmmm.. waiting for Softball season is all I can say!:D

AggiesAreWe
02-02-2006, 06:50 AM
So much for the early talk about Shepherd making the playoffs. Silsbee showed them just how far they are from being a playoff contender, 94-37.