PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale posters(question?)

Chris Hart
01-21-2006, 01:29 AM
I have seen it said that it is a done deal, that Coach Clark is leaving Rockdale to become the new HC at Midlothian. What have you heard if anything, about this?

rockdale80
01-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I have seen it said that it is a done deal, that Coach Clark is leaving Rockdale to become the new HC at Midlothian. What have you heard if anything, about this?

all signs point to yes

Chris Hart
01-21-2006, 07:43 PM
That's a shame. I have a feeling that the 3A ranks were about to get tired of hearing about Rockdale. Good luck to him, and to the Rock in finding a replacement.

ILS1
01-21-2006, 08:27 PM
What classification is Midlothian?? Any particular reason he would want to leave Rockdale?? Just curious.

:D

RdaleBoi08
01-21-2006, 08:28 PM
4A Bound For 5A

Dogman_1969
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
I hate to see RC go but with the strength and conditioning program that is under way we will improve at a rapid rate. If you are from Rockdale and close to the program then you know what is coming up in the very near future...........

RdaleBoi08
01-21-2006, 09:01 PM
You Have A Point There...

Old Tiger
01-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I have seen it said that it is a done deal, that Coach Clark is leaving Rockdale to become the new HC at Midlothian. What have you heard if anything, about this? It's true already in the process of new house and when money talks money talks. Good luck to him.

Milk That Cow
01-21-2006, 11:53 PM
What was Coach Clark's record at Rockdale?

old warrior
01-22-2006, 01:02 AM
9-12

Chris Hart
01-22-2006, 01:12 AM
He went 6-5 his first year in Rockdale making the playoffs. This year they went 3-7, with losses to an 8-4 Robinson, 4A playoff team Taylor, 10-3 Regional finalist Giddings, 13-1 quarterfinalist Cameron, and 13-3 state finalist Hutto. Not too bad considering the teams they were facing. If Midlothian gives him time, he'll make some headway in a place that is definately not known for their football, lol.

Milk That Cow
01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm wondering why in the heck he took that job, as it's considered a coaches graveyard...

It's gonna be 5A in a couple of years and probably in the same district with DeSoto, Cedar Hill, and Duncanville, who are athletic powerhouses. Midlothian hasn't had any talent in years, and the surrounding communities are LOADED with talent...

FYI - Clark is the second Rockdale Coach that Midlothian lured away. The first was Fred Johnson who won a State Title at Rockdale in '76 and left for Midlothian a couple of years later...

mwynn05
01-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I'm wondering why in the heck he took that job, as it's considered a coaches graveyard...

It's gonna be 5A in a couple of years and probably in the same district with DeSoto, Cedar Hill, and Duncanville, who are athletic powerhouses. Midlothian hasn't had any talent in years, and the surrounding communities are LOADED with talent...

FYI - Clark is the second Rockdale Coach that Midlothian lured away. The first was Fred Johnson who won a State Title at Rockdale in '76 and left for Midlothian a couple of years later... I think they will be in the same district as the 3 soon to be 4 mansfield schools

Milk That Cow
01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I think they will be in the same district as the 3 soon to be 4 mansfield schools

You know how big a difference in talent between those "proposed" districts...

Like NCAA Div.1 to NAIA...

For Clark's sake he better hope he's going the Mansfield direction...

mwynn05
01-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Summitt is pretty good and thats about it

Johnny Utah
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Rockdale is a great place. Coaches move for different reasons, and I am sure the coach has a very good one, could be financial, move up in classification, etc. Rockdale should hire within to keep up there building process. Just my two cents. If they do open up the job, will probably be a lot of people applying. Re-alignment will also be an impact on this job. Only 8 team district in 3a, that is tough!!! Go Tigers!!

Matthew328
01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Midlothian won't be good any time soon....not much talent there...if they stay 4A they'll always be in a tough loop......Waxahachie, Ennis, Corsicana, Everman, Lancaster are all usual district opponents...and possibly now Waco High and University......

and if they go 5A, Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill or Summit and watch out for Timberview...they are loaded with athletes..Midlo will struggle...