PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Virus

SWMustang
01-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I cannot get this virus off my computer. It randomly turns words into links. I've run the anti spyware/popup software from Roadrunner - made by Computer associates and I bout SpyWare Doctor on the internet. I've had it scanned by two different programs, supposedly quarantined and it's still here. The link is to something called trafficsector. I think I took care of the other program - virtual bouncer - the pop ups are all but eliminated. Any suggestions on the trafficsector prob?

lepfan
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
ohhhh jaaasonnnnnnnn!!!!!!

SintonFan
01-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I cannot get this virus off my computer. It randomly turns words into links. I've run the anti spyware/popup software from Roadrunner - made by Computer associates and I bout SpyWare Doctor on the internet. I've had it scanned by two different programs, supposedly quarantined and it's still here. The link is to something called trafficsector. I think I took care of the other program - virtual bouncer - the pop ups are all but eliminated. Any suggestions on the trafficsector prob?
Here's a link to Symantec's virus database. Maybe the most comprehensive database out there. Do a search here: Symantec (http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html)
Sometimes knowing what a virus is called is a problem in itself. I've done a google search on the symptoms and found it can get you the virus name on occasion. Good luck.:)

SintonFan
01-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
ohhhh jaaasonnnnnnnn!!!!!!
:confused: :confused:

lepfan
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
:confused: :confused: he gave some pretty good advice to me when I had some similar problems :)

SintonFan
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
he gave some pretty good advice to me when I had some similar problems :)
lol
Too bad you had to buy the new computer to fix it after taking his advice.:doh: :D