PDA

View Full Version : Any tennis fans?

kepdawg
01-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Anyone been keeping up with the Australian Open?

SintonFan
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I used to but not many Americans very prominent anymore.:(
I used to play everyday.:o

Chris Hart
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm glad to see Martina Hingis being successful on her return. I always pull for Andy Roddick too. Roddick is very good but has trouble with Federer and Hewitt, luckily Hewitt is already out. However IMO, Roger Federer is the best tennis player there has ever been. That dude is one awesome player.

shankbear
01-20-2006, 11:44 PM
It's worth watching just to see Maria Sharapova. She is oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

kepdawg
01-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I'm glad to see Martina Hingis being successful on her return. I always pull for Andy Roddick too. Roddick is very good but has trouble with Federer and Hewitt, luckily Hewitt is already out. However IMO, Roger Federer is the best tennis player there has ever been. That dude is one awesome player.

Hingis is looking good. I'd like to see her make it to the finals and face either Sharpova or Davenport.

Since the departure of Sampras and Agassi I don't follow the men's side too much. Federer is a bad dude! If he, Hewitt, or Roddick aren't playing one of the others I usually don't pay attention unless it's a grand slam final.

Chris Hart
01-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Hingis is looking good. I'd like to see her make it to the finals and face either Sharpova or Davenport.
I'd like that as well. I've always followed her career. I guess because she turned pro so young and really dominated for a while at a young age, and she's pretty easy on the eyes as well;) . She has a good chance at making a good run. She shouldn't have to face any top ranked players until the quarterfinals, where she will probably meet Clijsters(who is a bit gimpy right now). I think she can play with anyone but Davenport there in Australia. Before she retired due to injury, She had been to six straight finals in the Aussie Open.:eek:

District303aPastPlayer
01-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

Since the departure of Sampras and Agassi I don't follow the men's side too much. Federer is a bad dude! If he, Hewitt, or Roddick aren't playing one of the others I usually don't pay attention unless it's a grand slam final.

Sampras and Agassi made tennis fun to watch in the mid 90s.... i can remember watching the US open commercials with them in NYC and the bus rippin the net... man that was great

3afan
01-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
It's worth watching just to see Maria Sharapova. She is .....

so over rated, on the court and off IMO

kepdawg
01-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Over rated on the court? What makes you say that?

RMAC
01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

Dude, she can play, and she's younger than me.

AggieJohn
01-21-2006, 06:12 PM
both the williams sisters are out

Chris Hart
01-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
both the williams sisters are out Good!!!! I can't stand those crybabies. They always have an excuse as to 'why' they lose. :rolleyes:

Chris Hart
01-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Well, Roddick is now out of the Open too....

ILS1
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I heard that Roddick and Sharapova are dating!!! He used to date Mandy Moore,I believe they were once engaged as well. Some fine tail this young man has had!!!

:D :D :eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
01-22-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I heard that Roddick and Sharapova are dating!!! He used to date Mandy Moore,I believe they were once engaged as well. Some fine tail this young man has had!!!

:D :D :eek: :eek:

truer words have never been spoken

AggieJohn
01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Good!!!! I can't stand those crybabies. They always have an excuse as to 'why' they lose. :rolleyes: or an excuse as too why onen of their boobs pops out

SnyTigBaseB07
01-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
or an excuse as too why onen of their boobs pops out

thats when tennis stops sucking.....

eagles_victory
01-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Sharapova advanced to the quaterfinals and looked very good doing it.:inlove:

Chief Ohera
01-22-2006, 04:08 PM
federer is by far the most dominant player in the tennis ranks he is so graceful and plays very intellegent, he is so much fun to watch, if he keeps winning year in and year out he will go down as the best that ever played the sport, i enjoy watching this guy play, just amazing.
until next time..........

kepdawg
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Hingis and #2 seed Clijsters are about to square off in a quarterfinal match.

Go Martina!