PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Vince Young won't be Drafted by the Texans

NHSRattler60
01-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Okay so I haven't been on much, I've been corrupting Sam Houston State and the town of huntsville, but I figured I'd get my piece on VY in before National College Signing Day when the boards will overfloweth with "SOANDSO Was Picked UP!!"

Now.....

Granted Vince Young....Good Player, but the Texans are stupid if they draft him...here's why:

1. They Have a very capable QB in David Carr. All he needs is protection and receivers who can get open.

2. Drafting Reggie Bush is the smartest thing they could do because they need a guy who can get to the outside and make plays, and while Vince Young can do that too, if the Texans draft him, he will ride the pine until Carr is out.

3. The Texans need to strategically pick up Linemen. Most people don't realize that the Offensive line is extremely important. Without a line, you don't have an offense. Vince Young scored that last touchdown in the Rose Bowl by running behind a 6 foot 11 400 pound behemoth at O-Tackle. Without him, rest assured that D-end would have made it there. I'll bet all my cookies on that.

4. The Texans have already Committed to David Carr with a HUGE raise in pay. So if they pick up Young, one of them is gonna ride bench and that is ALOT of money to be wasting to have a bench warmer. They don't have the salary to do that. They are going to invest in someone they can put on the feild ASAP. IE: Reggie Bush

5. Vince Young needs to go where he will start. I think he would do really well in Tennessee. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's true. or San Fran. If the Texans f-- up and draft him, we will ride bench and eventually forget how to make the plays we're used to seeing.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. While I May disagree with what you say I'm willing to fight to the death for your right to say it.

Phil C
01-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah and the Pittsburgh Steelers didn't need to draft Terry Bradshaw because they had a promising young QB from Notre Dame named Terry Hanratty! :D

NHSRattler60
01-20-2006, 06:12 PM
Touche Phil. Thouche.

gtownpoke
01-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I think you said it in number 3. The Texans have a very capable offense they just need a line. Reggie Bush is good but they have two very capable backs in Domanick Davis and Vernand Morency. If you give those two some blocking you will get success. I think what they really need is to draft down and pick up linemen and get some free agent linemen as well. Like I said Bush is good but all he does is add another horse to the stable right now (and if you think his speed is going to get him to the outside and he will be gone you must have not have seen him play against a Texas team that has speed on defense). I just dont see him being the answer.
I do agree the VY isnt the answer either though. I DO see some great qualities that he would bring to Houston in a business sense (you would have a lot of Longhorn fans that would cheer on the Texans because of Vince). But like you said David Carr is very good and once again that missing puzzle piece is the o-line.

mwynn05
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
I also think they should trade the pick

whtfbplaya
01-20-2006, 06:44 PM
The Texans have a good RB to.

HighSchool Fan
01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Young is going to New Orleans. With Sean Payton as the new HC you will see an offense that you've never seen before with Young and a healty Deuce. Only thing Sean needed in Dallas was for Parcells to let him open up the offense more.

Gobbla2001
01-20-2006, 06:51 PM
The Texans have a very good RB and QB... the diffrerence is that Bush can return kicks and punts etc... he has a great package as well...

Carr is a great QB who has no blocking, Vince Young is a great QB who can make up for no blocking.... He may not be going 20 yards every time, but he can get you the positive yardage...

It all depends on the offense that the Texans will be running next year, will it fit Carr or Young better?

Without knowing the style of offensive they'll run, to me the decision on who would be a better fit in Houston is irrelevant when it comes to QB...

Honestly, if I were the Texans, I'd draft the best lineman money can buy...

Chris Hart
01-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I still think the Saints will grab Lienart at #2, and Vince will follow...However, I would love for the Saints to draft him. To have him and Vick squaring off twice every year, even I might spend the money to go and see one of them games...:)

Pmoney
01-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
1. They Have a very capable QB in David Carr. All he needs is protection and receivers who can get open.

if all he needs is protection and receivers then why should the pick bush he wont help them in protection and he's not going to be the answer to their receiver problem

gtownpoke
01-20-2006, 10:09 PM
thats the 50 million dollar question a lot of Texan fans want to know. It will be very interesting to see what Kubiak (sp?) does

Kensington
01-21-2006, 05:57 AM
1. Davis is a quality back that can get better with a line, i believe that he has put up 1,000 yard seasons with the exeption of this year (because he got hurt).

2. Carr is a talented and mobile (not proven in the NFL) who did a fine job last season when the Texans went 7-9.

3. Andre Johnson is also very talented and Gaffeney can do positive things....... to the special teams aspect, the returner(forgot the name) was the only player on the team to go to the pro bowl so that area is covered.

4. Major problems occur in the o-line so that should be covered first, along with the majority of the defense...

So trade the first pick for an accoplished o-lineman and/or a solid linebacker for the 3-4 defense to have a successful year.....

but hey this is the Texans so nobody knows what will happen.

rgn4fb
01-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
thats the 50 million dollar question a lot of Texan fans want to know. It will be very interesting to see what Kubiak (sp?) does Instead of trading the pick, I think they should pick Bush number 1, then trade him for mor picks and perhaps some good linemen as well.

Crimestick
01-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Don't draft Young. Carr has perennial pro bowl potential if he gets time.

Aesculus gilmus
01-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
Young is going to New Orleans.

Maybe he will wind up back in Texas for the 2007 season after the Saints, having finally realized there is no metropolitan area left in NOLA, pack up and move to San Antonio.

eagle.eyes
01-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Take Bush! VY is gonna make someone a really nice WR. All run and no pass WILL NOT work in the NFL. See Michael Vick for explanation.

AggieJohn
01-21-2006, 06:19 PM
why all of those reasons don't mean crap:

1. charlie casserly
2. charlie casserly
3. charlie casserly
4. charlie casserly
5. charlie casserly

you never know what that mind of his is thinking

big daddy russ
01-23-2006, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Kensington
4. Major problems occur in the o-line so that should be covered first, along with the majority of the defense...

So trade the first pick for an accoplished o-lineman and/or a solid linebacker for the 3-4 defense to have a successful year.....

but hey this is the Texans so nobody knows what will happen.
Has Kubiak decided on a D-Coordinator yet? I haven't really kept up, but I think they'd be alright if they switched to a 4-3... seems like that would fit their personnel better.

And I couldn't agree with you more about the OL. Get Ferguson, Scott, McNeill, whoever you can along the lines and get Carr some protection. He may turn out to be a decent QB if he's not on his back.

And I'm still up in the air about Young and Bush as pro prospects. If you could put Young's mental makeup in Chris Leak's, Jay Cutler's, Reggie McNeal's or Bruce Gradkowski's body you'd have the next Montana. As for Bush, I still see him as a Rocket Ismail-type. I think I'd rather have DeAngelo Williams as my every-down back than Bush, and I'd rather have Leinart as my QB than Young. I can only see Bush and Young succeeding in certain systems.

neck_06
01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
5. Vince Young needs to go where he will start. I think he would do really well in Tennessee. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's true. or San Fran. If the Texans f-- up and draft him, we will ride bench and eventually forget how to make the plays we're used to seeing.

VY is going to New Orleans. The 49ers won't pick him because they already have a young capable QB in Alex Smith (remember, last years #1 pick!)

hata_hurta06
01-23-2006, 09:19 AM
um hum.. young is headin to N.O.

sinton66
01-23-2006, 09:52 PM
All you "experts" have a big surprize coming when VY does well in the NFL at QUARTERBACK. Regardless where he goes, he will be successful because he will CHOOSE to be. I said when he committed to Texas out of highschool that Vince would be great. All I heard on here was that he couldn't throw, yada, yada, yada. Three years and a national championship later, having just beaten the "unbeatable" best college team ever, Yall are still on his case. Maybe you'll finally quit when he wins a super bowl, but I doubt it.

Leopards,class of 75
01-23-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Maybe he will wind up back in Texas for the 2007 season after the Saints, having finally realized there is no metropolitan area left in NOLA, pack up and move to San Antonio. That would be great!!!! I hope he plays some where in Texas.

Chief Ohera
01-23-2006, 11:24 PM
not drafting VY will be the smartest thing for the texans to do, i mean come on the plays that he pulled on the college ranks will not get him by in the league and he will get smashed by those linebackers,
i see him more at WR, but i may be wrong, he could play a role like Matt Jones of the Jags who played for the razorbacks,
like i have said b/4 he is the most overrated overhyped college player ever to come out of the colleiate ranks.
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time.......................

sinton66
01-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
not drafting VY will be the smartest thing for the texans to do, i mean come on the plays that he pulled on the college ranks will not get him by in the league and he will get smashed by those linebackers,
i see him more at WR, but i may be wrong, he could play a role like Matt Jones of the Jags who played for the razorbacks,
like i have said b/4 he is the most overrated overhyped college player ever to come out of the colleiate ranks.
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time.......................

Blah, blah, blah.:p You must seriously believe you're some kind of football exspurt.