PDA

View Full Version : The most impressive players you saw this year

injuredinmelee
01-19-2006, 09:47 PM
QB- He might not have been the best but by far the most efficent- Canyons QB. I thought the gainesville QB was pretty good against Wylie but he was shut down in the state game.

RB- The kid from Euless Trinity. Nance I think his name was. Will be a good college player. Anyone know where he is going?

WR- Canyons #2. I think he post here. He was fast, had good hands, and was tough. He took a kill shot that would have put most kids out the rest of the game but he was back the next series or later the same series. He might have een been on defense when he got popped.

Safety- Austin Sayre Abilene Wylie. He was in on every tackle some games it seemed. He has just had a nose for the ball the last two seasons.
Those are all i could come up with right now since I am at work. Will do some more later.

Old Tiger
01-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Hutto's O-line

Jeramy Kerley

Derrick Evans

Brock Fitzhenry

Alan Dock

shankbear
01-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Kenneth Beasley from WO-S

Gobbla2001
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Dang, 3 of them already mention for me... those would be:

Jeramy Kerley - QB for Hutto - Very fast, knows when to run...

Offensive line of Hutto - knows when to block, that'd be every play... tough as all hell...

Kenneth Beasly - WOS - great arm and great legs, a shorter version of Vince Young with less experience when it comes to running the ball... all around great QB...

Gotta go with my hometown boy (hell, I saw 14 of their games this year) Kyle Noack, QB for Cuero...

He started on last year's State Finalist team as a sophmore, but was not a QB, was on the defense, did a great job... He moved over to QB this year and in his first year was first team all-district and honorable mention all-state, passed for close to 3,000 yards with over 30 TD's and only 4 INT's, an almost 70% completion average... hope he can top himself next season...

lostaussie
01-19-2006, 10:12 PM
the most impressive player i saw this year, i know i dogged his dad yesterday, but g.j. kinne is gonna make somebody a great qb.

Bullaholic
01-19-2006, 10:35 PM
(Sorry, don't know all the names)

J. Heatly - QB- Breckenridge
Cristo Cardenas - WR- Decatur
Mineral Wells- RB
Monahans - RB-

Most impressive of all --honestly, no "Homer" pick -

Colin Jones - RB- Bridgeport

eagles_victory
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

RB- The kid from Euless Trinity. Nance I think his name was. Will be a good college player. Anyone know where he is going?

He is going to Arizona State.

ILS1
01-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Marlin QB Jeremy Sanders

Cuero QB Kyle Noack

Tatum RB and LB (can't remember their names) #4,#6 & #7

Cameron's T.J. Olivarri

Rice Consolidated's QB (very tall 6'5" and good arm)

Liberty Hill's RB Casey Kouciba

My homer picks:

Hutto QB Jeremy Kerley

Hutto FB Shiloh Wampler

Hutto LB Dylan Martinez

:D

wos fan1
01-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Dang, 3 of them already mention for me... those would be:

Jeramy Kerley - QB for Hutto - Very fast, knows when to run...

Offensive line of Hutto - knows when to block, that'd be every play... tough as all hell...

Kenneth Beasly - WOS - great arm and great legs, a shorter version of Vince Young with less experience when it comes to running the ball... all around great QB...

Gotta go with my hometown boy (hell, I saw 14 of their games this year) Kyle Noack, QB for Cuero...

He started on last year's State Finalist team as a sophmore, but was not a QB, was on the defense, did a great job... He moved over to QB this year and in his first year was first team all-district and honorable mention all-state, passed for close to 3,000 yards with over 30 TD's and only 4 INT's, an almost 70% completion average... hope he can top himself next season... That's what the WOS Coaches were talking about the other day, if Beasley were just a little taller!!!

Old Tiger
01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Does 7on7 count?

wos fan1
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
:thinking: :D

wtxmike
01-19-2006, 11:49 PM
Colin Jones was a man among boys i know i was on the field durin his last game in highschool career I hope he suceeds in college

And of course i was at every single one of Mr. sam graves' games He was awesome i wish he would pursue football after high school but no one has contacted him

The DT from Perryton Nolan Hale i think he was a Beast that cause havoc on our O-Line

The linebackers from Snyder were real good as well smith and martinez

MHSvarsity2007
01-19-2006, 11:52 PM
gary edwards from wylie...he tore up the merkel players...he's really the only impressive one i remember...

Gobbla2001
01-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by wos fan1
That's what the WOS Coaches were talking about the other day, if Beasley were just a little taller!!!

Aint no joke, my friend, the kid has the skills... he has the long-ball down and is a great runner, is not afraid to be hit and will give a block when it is needed, just not as tall as Vince...

Dunno about you WO-S guys, but I feel the difference between WO-S and Wimberly this year was the front 7 on the defense, just not big enough to get penatration on those biggers lines like Wimberly... I saw them boys play a big offensive line with Bay City, but I'd for sure give Wimberly the edge on that one...

Y'all were a defensive front 7 away from a close to unstopable team...

Maroon87
01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Brandon Onu from Lewisville Hebron. He killed us in the state finals. Solid player.:eek:

3afan
01-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Donald Buckram, RB, Copperas Cove

STANG RED
01-20-2006, 08:30 AM
Sweetwater RB/LB - Joseph Banyard, truly a man among boys. Just wait till you hear what he will do over the next few years.

A. Wylie QB - Case Keenum - The boy is just flat out a winner! He will be a winner in what ever he persues in life! A great kid!

Tatum RB - Lenon Creer - Big, strong, and fast! Has a great career ahead of him.

Tatum QB - ??name?? - Probably the best pure athlete on that team. He will make alot of noise over the next few years.

Tatum WR/DB - #5 - The kid was just awesome! He ran fast, tackled hard, scored points and covered like a blanket. Has a great career ahead of him.

I will add more later. There is a long list of great players in Texas. Its hard to draw the line between just very good and great.

HPLJ6L
01-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the most impressive player i saw this year, i know i dogged his dad yesterday, but g.j. kinne is gonna make somebody a great qb.

I think we could say that Baylor wins that one. This kid will be in Waco no doubt about it.

RBARKER
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Hands down Deon Beasly from WOS, but Wimberly's RB comes in a close second. I can't remember his name but that guy is a BULL !!

HighSchool Fan
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
nm

Hannibal
01-20-2006, 09:54 AM
The most impressive kids I saw this year weren't in 3A. They were the football team of the school that I coach at. These guys haven't won a game in two years, although they were really close twice this year. I have the utmost respect for these gentlemen who went out day after day, game after game and went all out for a sport that they truly love.

pirate4state
01-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Michael Buse, RB - Wimberley - just an all around awesome athlete and he'll be back next year! :eek:

Old Tiger
01-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I played against SLC they were impressive. The QB from Langham Creek was impressive, I watched Hebron play in 7on7. The RB and LB from Trinity. The WR from Katy.

Chris Hart
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
Hands down Jacob Biddle LB - Wimberley, Awesome player!

STANG RED
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
The most impressive kids I saw this year weren't in 3A. They were the football team of the school that I coach at. These guys haven't won a game in two years, although they were really close twice this year. I have the utmost respect for these gentlemen who went out day after day, game after game and went all out for a sport that they truly love.

Way to go coach! Keep their heads up and keep em fighting. If you help them become winners in life, it is so much more important than winning football games. Your job of helping build good young men is so much more important than your job as a football coach anyway. I hope your school realizes that!

Old Tiger
01-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
The most impressive kids I saw this year weren't in 3A. They were the football team of the school that I coach at. These guys haven't won a game in two years, although they were really close twice this year. I have the utmost respect for these gentlemen who went out day after day, game after game and went all out for a sport that they truly love. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: