PDA

View Full Version : XBOX or PS2??

football4life
01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Just wondering what all the video gamers have. I'm bigtime XBox, i used to have a ps2, but i would never go back.

theyoefnshow
01-19-2006, 09:31 PM
unfair to compare the PS2 to the 360. But even against the regular Box I'd say Xbox. But, having the 360, it's really the only way to go. I've racked up 12 games so far and with the exception of Project Gotham Racing I love them all. Online play w/ either XBox is always fun. My PS2 just never got alot of playtime. Any game on it could be found on either the Cube or X Box save for a few VERY rare exceptions.

AggieJohn
01-19-2006, 10:03 PM
this brotha ain't got the money for neither

football4life
01-19-2006, 10:04 PM
aww cmon man! How do you survive???

AggieJohn
01-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by football4life
aww cmon man! How do you survive???

gamecube

football4life
01-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Ohhh you have a lamecube huh?

RMAC
01-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I say there's no way to compare them, for 2 reasons:
1) XBOX is the way to go for fighting and shooting games such as Halo and Perfect Dark Zero.
2) PS2 is the way to go for all of your sports games such as NCAA and MLB.
I say this because the XBOX controller has a better feel for moving w/ the 2 joysticks positioned where they are, but the PS2 controller is easier to get the buttons pushed quickly if you have to juke on a football game or dive for a grounder. Just my opinion though.

DaHop72
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
The best part about Sony and the PS2 and upcoming PS3 is you can still play your old favorites. Microsoft and Nintendo make you upgrade everytime.

football4life
01-20-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
The best part about Sony and the PS2 and upcoming PS3 is you can still play your old favorites. Microsoft and Nintendo make you upgrade everytime.

Thats true. But the one thing for me that puts xbox waaay ahead, is Halo. That's the entire reason i switched to xbox.

hata_hurta06
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
i have both but since i only play sports games...PS2 is it!

DaHop72
01-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by hata_hurta06
i have both but since i only play sports games...PS2 is it!
Now there's a man next to my heart. Will play something else occasionally, but mostly Tiger Wood Golf and NCAA football for me.

piratebg
01-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I have a Gamecube and I love it. I don't see why everyone coplains about it, but given the two choices above, I have to go with the PS2. I really have no love for the XBOX. Sorry, Halo lovers but that game sux. The only good thing to come out of it was those hilarious Red vs Blue cartoons.

theyoefnshow
01-20-2006, 10:07 AM
then you must suck at Halo or got schooled by a 10 year old at it! lol

ANY sports game (w/ the exception of wrestling games) are superior on the X Box. Better graphics, better sound, faster load times and SAME controls. Compare screenshots of NCAA '06 for both systems and it's apples & oranges as XBox (old Xbox) looks much better. As for the 360, it is backwards compatible if you have the hardrive but if you wanna complain about the hardrive, go ahead and buy the $40 memory cards for it. W/ the hardrive you'll never need one AND you can play XBox 1 games.

piratebg
01-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
then you must suck at Halo or got schooled by a 10 year old at it! lol

ANY sports game (w/ the exception of wrestling games) are superior on the X Box. Better graphics, better sound, faster load times and SAME controls. Compare screenshots of NCAA '06 for both systems and it's apples & oranges as XBox (old Xbox) looks much better. As for the 360, it is backwards compatible if you have the hardrive but if you wanna complain about the hardrive, go ahead and buy the $40 memory cards for it. W/ the hardrive you'll never need one AND you can play XBox 1 games.

Not yet, but I just did not think it was the best game ever made. I heard so much hype about it that I felt really disappointed afterwards. The control configuration for the xbox was rediculous, but I understand they have corrected that on the 360. I am not knocking the 360 because I have not had a chance to play it yet, but the XBOX for me was a let down. Download times were slower, but graphics were good. PS2 and Gamecube were the better consoles out of that generation. This next generation looks promising, and I am not gonna say who has the better system just yet.

Bearkat
01-20-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm a PS2 guy. I have nothing against the X Box though. I think I have just gotten used to the PS2 controller. I do find it easier to play sports games on the PS2. Did the NCAA baseball game come out? If so, how is it?

Old Tiger
01-20-2006, 10:35 AM
PS2