PDA

View Full Version : mvp baseball 2006

DU_stud04
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM
wow......great way to explain this game. there are so many options to this game, its jsut amazing

few things i like.... love the whole creation zone, could use a few more options to the create a ballpark option but its still good, the mini games are fun and very compteitive, also, if you create a player you get to pick the style of music for him, like for instance i picked heavy metal and when i play the mini games or go up to the plate it plays a metal song....thought that was cool...

few things that could improve......the anouncers during the batting....it gets kinda quiet, also they could have made the players look better, and the field, and the fans......the batters swing is kinda choppy

what i think? so far after playing a few hours, its a fun game and still so much i havent done with it. it takes a while to get use to the batting and pitching and throwing the ball around, but i like the new approach with it. also, yougotta love the batters eye, kind of a cheat but when you get good enough, you can turn it off,....id like to get this game hooked up to xbox live so i can see the espn ticketer, that option looks awesome.

blah blah blah, i havent played enough yet, imma repost more later on

SnyTigBaseB07
01-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Heck yes this is a great game, i play it probably an hour or more everyday! It's addicting!!!!! This is one of the best baseball games i've played in some time.

DU_stud04
01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Heck yes this is a great game, i play it probably an hour or more everyday! It's addicting!!!!! This is one of the best baseball games i've played in some time.

ummm, did you mean you will play it everyday???? cause it barely came out today..... great game none the less

Pmoney
01-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
you have it! im coming over lol

Adidas410s
01-19-2006, 08:21 PM
I wish they had more college fields in it. I was let down that they didn't have Olsen Field on the game...but then again they ahve A&M ranked #73 or so so I'm not surprised

DU_stud04
01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
anyone else having trouble positioning the ball against the computer when hitting? i keep hitting crap right back to them.....you too or do i just suck?.......

Daddy D 11
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Id have to agree with you on that one stud. The game play is pretty good but the players look like retards and when they swing i just wanna laugh at them! Besides that the uniforms and body movements of the players are very good. The only thing is the game seems very quiet to me, maybe its just me but i dont know? If you do have the game go check out Drew Stubbs speed for Texas. He has to be the fastest guy on the game.

Bulldog_12
01-20-2006, 01:27 AM
My opinion, this game lacks A TON. This is definately not up to par with other EA Sports College games. It lacks the unique stadiums for all the schools, the announcers say the same thing over and over, if you were to create Olsen Field you couldnt because the create a park has basically three options. Basically what i am saying is that this game lacks depth. You will end up doing the same thing over and over. There is nothing to distinguish this game from the other major league games except for the title on the box. It is still fun to play for a while (notice I said only a while), but it just wasnt a GREAT game. This is definately EASports testing the market for this type of game. Thats why it was only 29 dollars. I think they have a good idea here, but it wont be fully developed until next year when it is 50+ dollars.

sahen
01-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
My opinion, this game lacks A TON. This is definately not up to par with other EA Sports College games. It lacks the unique stadiums for all the schools, the announcers say the same thing over and over, if you were to create Olsen Field you couldnt because the create a park has basically three options. Basically what i am saying is that this game lacks depth. You will end up doing the same thing over and over. There is nothing to distinguish this game from the other major league games except for the title on the box. It is still fun to play for a while (notice I said only a while), but it just wasnt a GREAT game. This is definately EASports testing the market for this type of game. Thats why it was only 29 dollars. I think they have a good idea here, but it wont be fully developed until next year when it is 50+ dollars.
actually i think they said that next years game will be better, this one kinda got decided on late or something which is why they only put the parks for the teams that do traditionally well or did well last year....and the announcing might be better except how often do u see college baseball on tv? pretty much never but in Omaha and the Regionals/Supers, they dont have a ton to draw on there.....

neck_06
01-20-2006, 08:38 AM
i have heard that this is gonna be the last MVP game they make because they are going to make an NCAA Baseball 2007

BU97
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I remember when the first NCAA basketball game came out, it was pretty weak. Then it improved over the years, I am sure that they will make improvements for next year. I can't decide if I am going to go get a copy tonight or not.

BU97
01-20-2006, 09:25 AM
Is Baylor Ballpark in the game?

Keith7
01-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Thats why it was only 29 dollars. I think they have a good idea here, but it wont be fully developed until next year when it is 50+ dollars.

NBA Live and the MLB MVP baseball were both 30 dollars as well last year, and both have been huge hits in the past.. I think EA sports are just starting to make games alil cheaper (except Madden and NCAA football) with the new systems coming out soon..

As for the game, I think it is awesome, well worth the money.. Of course there are things that they could fix or make better, but every game is like that.. If the game were perfect we'd never want to buy next years version...

Oh and if you have 10 extra bucks and are one of those people like me who like the players to have names but don't want to do them manually, go to ebay and buy a memory card with all the names already on there!! well worth it in my book

Bulldog_12
01-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by sahen
actually i think they said that next years game will be better, this one kinda got decided on late or something which is why they only put the parks for the teams that do traditionally well or did well last year....and the announcing might be better except how often do u see college baseball on tv? pretty much never but in Omaha and the Regionals/Supers, they dont have a ton to draw on there.....

Yeah, I am sure that next years will be better, I am just saying that it looks like this one might have been rushed into and might just be an attempt to test the market to see if a college baseball game could actually work.

sahen
01-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by BU97
Is Baylor Ballpark in the game?
yes, and according to the screen shots it is extremely accurate....im guessing you went to games there before so just to let you know from screen shots you can see the soccer field in left field, the berm is in there, the lights to the tennis courts can be seen, the softball field behind the baseball field can be seen and in the distance the new science building can be seen...the parks they do have in there are extremely detailed, its the exact image of baylor's ballpark...

Adidas410s
01-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
i have heard that this is gonna be the last MVP game they make because they are going to make an NCAA Baseball 2007

we are talking about the new NCAA game. The title of the game is MVP NCAA Baseball...

Astrosdawg07
01-20-2006, 06:36 PM
The analog style of hitting sucks.

VWG
01-20-2006, 07:43 PM
So... what's the verdict?
Is this a buy? Or wait and rent it?

SintonFan_inAustin
01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
went to best buy and comp usa both have been sold out since yesterday:mad:

Astrosdawg07
01-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by VWG
So... what's the verdict?
Is this a buy? Or wait and rent it?

Buy.

DU_stud04
01-20-2006, 11:30 PM
its not bad without the analog hitting......ive played games where the hitting you could control where you hit it better, which is one big point they had in this game, its very quiet at times, its a work in progress....

if you like to play with music on then its not so bad, but you might go insaine if you like to hear sound, and then swtich the analog hitting to class ic(unless you like it)

right now i gotta take a break from playing, jammed2 fingers really bad and my hand is swolen up right now from my basketball game:(

i dont have any regret buyin the game, didnt quite live up to the hype, but i still like it

Adidas410s
01-20-2006, 11:39 PM
I think if you like a game for a legit challenge then you will like it. Unlike most EA games, I'm not averaging 60 pts and 600 yards a game or putting up 15 runs with 3-5 HR's game. The computer isn't that strong at hitting yet...but neither am I so I'm still having a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 ball games instead of the 12-2 that I was used to on MVP (MLB version).