PDA

View Full Version : What a great year 2005 was for Sports in Texas!

Phil C
01-19-2006, 03:53 PM
UT won the National Championship in football, baseball and women's track and field. UT did great in other sports too.
Baylor won the Women's National Championship in Basketball.
Lance Armstrong won a record setting 7th straight Tour de France Race much to the chagrin of the French.
The Spurs won the NBA Championship.
The Astros reached the World Series in MLB.

Feel free to add to the list.

pirate44
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
definately one of the best years of sports for Texas in our history.

wos fan1
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Very good year!

sahen
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
wowo, 4 national championships in the college relm....

not to mention (for Baylor since that is what i know best)
Baseball in the Final 4 at college world series (honestly i think they were the second best team to Texas, so the 2 best NCAA baseball teams were in Texas)
Men's Tennis finally lost their first match in 2 years in the NCAA Championship match to be runner up
A women's tennis player won the national single's title

thats what i can remember off the top of my head, though some wont care about the tennis titles since the kids are international students, they still brought them to Texas...

Phil C
01-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Thank you sahen and we want good news whether they are foreign students or not. They still represent a Texas school. At UT we have a good basketball player on the women's team who is from Poland and one of freshman soccer players is from Canada.

NateDawg39
01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Abilene Christian University won there 56th national Track and field championship in both the girls and boys meets!

Phil C
01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Thank you Nate! Keep posting the good news everyone.

sahen
01-19-2006, 05:57 PM
yah....
Texas State made the final 4 in D1-AA football, wow i had almost arleady forgot about that

hm....not really 2005, but at the very, very end of 2004 (so basically 2005, we can count it atleast right?) Mary-Hardin Baylor lost in the national title game for D3 football i believe....we could say Mary-Hardin Baylor was the leadoff hitter for the 2005 campaign of dominance by Texas schools??