PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Kendal Carrillo....Is he being recruited for baseball????

SpreadtheRed
01-19-2006, 04:16 AM
Kendal Carrillo, from Sweetwater, I hear is a recruit for collegiate baseball. I've seen him play and he has a cannon. Beat Lubbock Cooper 2 years ago who hadnt lost in a while. Anyone know about him???

DU_stud04
01-19-2006, 07:24 AM
great player all around, not only does he have a cannon......he is an awesome fielder and a great hitter, he's beeen playin varsity for them since his freshman year which mustang baseball has acctually been up the past few years(cept last year)

STANG RED
01-19-2006, 08:04 AM
He is just a great athlete all the way around. He does have a cannon for an arm alright, and he is a very good hitter, but man you should see his glove work. He is smooth as silk! You wont find a pro that handles a glove any better. I could easily see him playing short or 3rd at the pro level some day. I'm anxious to get to see him play this year. He has been head and shoulders above most of his peers since he started as a freshman. The program as a whole has been decent enough, but with just a little more pitching & hitting they could make a deep playoff run.

DaHop72
01-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
He is just a great athlete all the way around. He does have a cannon for an arm alright, and he is a very good hitter, but man you should see his glove work. He is smooth as silk! You wont find a pro that handles a glove any better. I could easily see him playing short or 3rd at the pro level some day. I'm anxious to get to see him play this year. He has been head and shoulders above most of his peers since he started as a freshman. The program as a whole has been decent enough, but with just a little more pitching & hitting they could make a deep playoff run.
Stang, how is his knee? Is it something that is going to require surgery. I had heard both sides, wondering which was true.

STANG RED
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Stang, how is his knee? Is it something that is going to require surgery. I had heard both sides, wondering which was true.

I guess its alright. He is playing basketball (to everyones surprise) at full speed. He was high scorer with 20+ points the other night against Wylie. I havent had a chance to see them play yet though.

DaHop72
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I guess its alright. He is playing basketball (to everyones surprise) at full speed. He was high scorer with 20+ points the other night against Wylie. I havent had a chance to see them play yet though.
That's great, I'll look forward to seeing him throw this year.