PDA

View Full Version : Rice/Bellville Rivalry Continues.

raider4life
01-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Rice will host Bellville Friday night in yet another "epic" showdown between these two schools. This game could very well be one of the deciding games in the playoff hunt between both teams. Both teams in my opinion are underrated this year. I'm not sure what Bellville's record is, but I've seen some film from this team and they are one of the best team playing teams I have seen in a long time. I give them their props as they come to the house of the newly rejuvinized Rice Raiders. Finishing 2-8 in district last year, they are looking for redemption, and wont let Bellville get in their way. Rice is currently 16-5(??) overall and 1-1 in district play as they have only lost to 3 3a teams this year, that being Van Vleck, Yoakum, and Hempstead. Rice has a promising young star that is only a freshman and has already been visited by a few top ranked D1 schools. It looks to be a good game from start to finish, and I hope the best of luck to both teams as they duke it out yet again, this time on the court.

P.S. Not to sound like a bad guy or anything, but I hope Bellville brings a lot of fan support as they are surely gonna need it. ;)

FbCoachB40
01-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Van Vleck is 2A. So there goes that

venomous tat2
01-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Don't take Bellville lightly they have a stud in Mosley and the supporting cast is doing a pretty good job for them. Had we made some free throws down the stretch we would have beat
them, this is a VERY competitive district 20-3A anything can happen on any night. Rice and Hempstead has the size to match
up with Bellville. Navasota has never been blessed with size, but blessed with speed instead.:cool: :cool:

raider4life
01-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Van Vleck sure is 2a, I wasn't thinking right. Mosely is a very good basketball player, and Bellville has probably the biggest team in the district.(size wise) I can't wait to play Navasota, you guys have really gone out there and done your stuff this year. Good luck tomorrow!

Specklebelly
01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
The Raiders matchup well with Bellville. They are one of the few schools in the area with two players with enough size to give Mosley problems. Should be a good game.

CheerMom
01-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I agree. This will be a great game!! I'll be there cheering ya'll on!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

raider4life
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Don't stay out too late, you've gotta be in Louise bright and early! :)

CheerMom
01-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by raider4life
Don't stay out too late, you've gotta be in Louise bright and early! :)

This is true!!! ;)

raider4life
01-19-2006, 10:32 PM
I would go, but the seniors have to be at the school at 4 for senior serve...I WANNA GO!!!!!!:(

CheerMom
01-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by raider4life
I would go, but the seniors have to be at the school at 4 for senior serve...I WANNA GO!!!!!!:(

We're coming to Senior Serve after the meet.

raider4life
01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
AWSOME! It's going to be soooo much fun, mostly for us. You guys are going to love the show we're putting on for you guys this year! CAN'T WAIT! And I'll end up getting the results from the meet early afternoonish, so it's a win/win really! :)

Bull's-eye
01-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Might want to come see this game. Is the gym on campus, close to the football and baseball fields?

CheerMom
01-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Might want to come see this game. Is the gym on campus, close to the football and baseball fields?

Yes, it is at the school. You can't miss it.
It says Raider Gym on the outside, but you have to go into the school to enter the gym.

punt
01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Moseley is about all Bellville has and he is plenty. He scored 32 against Hempstead, made lots of free throws, only missed 2 all night. They have Emshoff with some height but thats about all. 2 fiesty guards but neither were good outside shooters. If you hold Moseley to a decent amout of points you can beat them. Moseley will get his points, he is the real deal.

raider4life
01-20-2006, 10:26 PM
RICE-50 BELLVILLE-41

Mosley only scored 6 points and fouled out with about 3 minutes to go in the game. The kid has some potential if he can fix his attitude, but he sure can jump out of his shoes. And who is number 25 for Bellville? He must have hit about 6 3 pointers that kept them close the whole game. Let's just see what happens when Rice goes to Bellville and shuts down Mosely again.

CheerMom
01-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Great job, guys!!! Let's keep it rolling.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

CheerMom
01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Did Navasota and Hempstead play each other tonight?? If so, does anyone know a score?

raider4life
01-20-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm hoping Navasota won to make it a 3-way tie for 1st with Rice, Hempstead, and Navasota all being 2-1 with a one game lead on Bellville. Tuesday will be another great game between Rice and Navasota for what will more than likely be a game for a 2-way tie with Hempstead as they take on Columbus I think. Should be another great game either way!

And to get back on topic, the game tonight is up there on the list of top games I've seen on the court in a long time!

punt
01-20-2006, 11:32 PM
Hempstead 98 Columbus 50

Navasota beat Sealy, can't rember the score.

Hempstead goes to Navasota next Friday, the 27th.