PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield job????

barney rubble
01-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Anyone have any news about the Fairfield head coaching job? I have heard conflicting reports.

eagles_victory
01-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I am a student at Fairfield High School and all I can tell you is they have asked the students and parents for input on what they would like to see and say there going to hire some one in Feburary. What have you heard?

barney rubble
01-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I am a student at Fairfield High School and all I can tell you is they have asked the students and parents for input on what they would like to see and say there going to hire some one in Feburary. What have you heard?

I have heard interviews have started, but I have also heard that the committee is still in the process of narrowing down the applicants. Seems like a great community and opportunity for a coach. As a student, what is your opinion? What are the positives and negatives of your school? What was the prevailing thought on the input given by the students and parents?

barney rubble
01-19-2006, 12:45 PM
ttt

Chris Hart
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Word from the school board is, they'll think twice before hiring anyone from Bedrock.:D jk Really, I would think this would be a very good oppurtunity. I haven't watched them in a few years, but Fairfield used to never have a shortage of athletes.

eagles_victory
01-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I can tell you this they have been taking some applicants on tours of the facilities like locker room and film room etc which are both top of the line for a 3a school. I am not really sure what everyone said they would like to see in a football coach/atheltic director because the papers were kept pretty secret. I personally would like to see the new coach be more flexible with offensive and defensive schemes. A guy who is going to let his assistants coach and not have his finger on eveything they do. I would kind of like to see them spread the offense out some to take advantage of some of the recievers we will have in years to come. For the AD part I would like to see him care for all sports not just football. Next years team will have a chance to be good it never came together this year in a 2-7 season. But the athletes are there if the new coach can bring in a winning style we could easily be a playoff team.