PDA

View Full Version : Goliad still undefeated?

Bull Butter
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Just wondering................

44INAROW
01-18-2006, 03:36 PM
I am pretty sure Goliad is still undefeated.. couldn't find a score for last night, but as of Friday they were undefeated

eagles_victory
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Are they that good or just putting together a good record against weaker Region 4 competiton?

District303aPastPlayer
01-18-2006, 04:04 PM
teams are playing them to within 10 points in their district games in a "weak" region IV.

does anyone know if they have played west oso?

eagles_victory
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
No disrespect to Region 4 but when it comes to basketball it is weak.

pirate4state
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
No disrespect to Region 4 but when it comes to basketball it is weak. Region 4 is weak in all sports, c'mon get with the program. :rolleyes: :hand: WHATEVER! I'm so sick of this BS. :mad:

eagles_victory
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Region 4 hasn't won a game at the state tournament since 1999. So it isnt bs its a fact.

District303aPastPlayer
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM

aside from west oso, aransas pass, and goliad being consistant, maybe you have a point.... or something :rolleyes:

pirate4state
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Region 4 hasn't won a game at the state tournament since 1999. So it isnt bs its a fact. You know, I don't even like basketball so bash away...:thumbsup:

44INAROW
01-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Region 4 is weak in all sports, c'mon get with the program. :rolleyes: :hand: WHATEVER! I'm so sick of this BS. :mad:

I started 3 times to reply to that previous "weak" comment and kept getting interrupted..... plus trying to get a point across to a 17 year old is going to take too much of my time........ Heaven knows he knows much more than I do...

I am not sure how we're supposed to know if Goliad is the "real deal" or not, since everyone down here is so weak, there really is no gauge to go by :rolleyes:

:doh:

big daddy russ
01-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I'd agree with this. You basically have one of two teams represent the region every year, and they're both (usually) from the same district.

Buccaneer
01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Goliad is still undefeated. Are they the real deal? No. They have 2 very good players and a good supporting cast. They should go through district undefeated. They should make it to the Regional Tournament depends on the playoff pairings.

My guess for the Regional Tournament is Ingram. Liberty Hill, Goliad, and Rio Hondo. I would pick Rio Hondo to win.

pirate4state
01-18-2006, 05:39 PM
We never should have landed a man on the moon. It's a mistake. Now everything is compared to that one accomplishment. I can't believe they could land a man on the moon . . . and taste my coffee! I think we all would have been a lot happier if they hadn't landed a man on the moon. Then we'd go, They can't make a prescription bottle top that's easy to open? I'm not surprised they couldn't land a man on the moon. Things make perfect sense to me now. Neil Armstrong should have said, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for every, complaining, sob on the face of the earth. "

:D

jerry seinfeld

44INAROW
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Neil Armstrong should have said, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for every, complaining, sob on the face of the earth. "

:D

jerry seinfeld

WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It's darn near 5:00 - have a great evening P4S :D :D :D :D :)

pirate4state
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It's darn near 5:00 - have a great evening P4S :D :D :D :D :) :clap: About time too!!! :)

Have a good one!

eagles_victory
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
to a 17 year old is going to take too much of my time........ Heaven knows he knows much more than I do...

you are too kind. :)

44INAROW
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
you are too kind. :)

my pleasure.... ;)

Bull Butter
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Not so fast on Rio Hondo, they are VERY inconsistent. They win the Sinton Tournament and the next thing you know, Hidalgo beats them 58-37. They are in a 3-way tie for 2nd in 32-AAA at the moment along with Progreso & Raymondville. Hidalgo looks to be the class of this district.

Johnny Utah
01-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Ingram, Liberty Hill and Wimberleys district is the class of the region this year. Just an opinion.

District303aPastPlayer
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Ingram, Liberty Hill and Wimberleys district is the class of the region this year. Just an opinion.

i'd agree with you... but once west oso comes back to district 30... west oso, aransas, and ingleside with maybe sinton would be a good 4 way match

Johnny Utah
01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
30-3A is TOUGH as Nails, let me tell you that. Ingleside has a 2 year window(not much after that). AP has a very established program(Multiple State Tournament Births help that), Oso- is always good(7th grade class might be the BEST in the entire REGION this year!!!). Mathis will be very good every 3 to 4 years!!! Tough to say the least!

gobbler84
01-19-2006, 12:35 AM
How can you even judge district standing when they have only played 2 district games!!

gobbler84
01-19-2006, 12:38 AM
And as for Goliad being the real deal...You can't really say anything unless you have been on the court with them!! Most teams have 1 guy who is their go to man in tough situations!! Goliad has 2 D1 prospects in basketball!! Just like Yoakum, everyone says Brittain aint that good, but after being ont he court with him last night he's not good, he's DAMN GOOD!! There's NO ONE in the region that can gaurd him...

eagles_victory
01-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
And as for Goliad being the real deal...You can't really say anything unless you have been on the court with them!! Most teams have 1 guy who is their go to man in tough situations!! Goliad has 2 D1 prospects in basketball!! Just like Yoakum, everyone says Brittain aint that good, but after being ont he court with him last night he's not good, he's DAMN GOOD!! There's NO ONE in the region that can gaurd him... I hope to get a chance to be on the court with the guys from Goliad.

neck_06
01-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
aside from west oso, aransas pass, and goliad being consistant, maybe you have a point.... or something :rolleyes:

what about West Columbia and Stafford? both are ranked in the top 20

Johnny Utah
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Goliad is Good, but they are not D1 players. They are too short, and not fast enough. They can play at the college level, but NO WHERE NEAR DIV. 1. They can play D3, maybe the Morris kid at D2. Goliad has beaten Yoakum. Stafford and West Columbia are good, but they play teams from Gonzales(Yoakum's district) and from Liberty Hills before Regionals. They will knock each other off.

mwynn05
01-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Goliad is Good, but they are not D1 players. They are too short, and not fast enough. They can play at the college level, but NO WHERE NEAR DIV. 1. They can play D3, maybe the Morris kid at D2. Goliad has beaten Yoakum. Stafford and West Columbia are good, but they play teams from Gonzales(Yoakum's district) and from Liberty Hills before Regionals. They will knock each other off. 2 D1 players on a 3a basketball team lmao there are VERY VERY few d1 basketball players in 3a maybe 3 or 4 at most it isnt like football where it is easier to play d1. If Goliad had 2 d1 players they would be killing EVERYONE by 40 or 50

Johnny Utah
01-19-2006, 11:55 AM
You are correct, they are not D1 material, they are good, but not D1. Kid from Ingram can play small, lower level D1 in my opinion, but that might still be a stretch.