PDA

View Full Version : Who will thrive/suffer(ESPN Article)

Old Tiger
01-18-2006, 03:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2295104

ILS1
01-18-2006, 03:11 PM
That's exactly the same thing I've been trying to say to my Longhorn hater friends at work. And one of them is an Ohio State fan. He says OSU is gonna come in here next year and just slap Texas around!! I tell him that he's crazy and keep thinking that and they will get their butts handed to them!!! LOL!!!

:D :D

cheatchu
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
That's exactly the same thing I've been trying to say to my Longhorn hater friends at work. And one of them is an Ohio State fan. He says OSU is gonna come in here next year and just slap Texas around!! I tell him that he's crazy and keep thinking that and they will get their butts handed to them!!! LOL!!!

:D :D

So wait now all you horn fans are agreeing with espn.

Not to long ago all of you were complaing because espn thought USC would win the rose bowl.

Of course espn was wrong then, and they'll probably be wrong again, none of the teams they listed to thrive will win the national championship next year. And at least one of the teams they predicted to suffer will be in a BCS bowl next year.

pirate4state
01-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by cheatchu
So wait now all you horn fans are agreeing with espn.

Not to long ago all of you were complaing because espn thought USC would win the rose bowl.

Of course espn was wrong then, and they'll probably be wrong again, none of the teams they listed to thrive will win the national championship next year. And at least one of the teams they predicted to suffer will be in a BCS bowl next year. This is funny! :clap: all you horn fans = one guy making a comment and the other posting a link!!! :clap: LMAO!!

ILS1
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM

The complaint was that ESPN was on USC's jock for the whole year and really hadn't played anyone except for Notre Dame (which they should've lost). Then came the whole month of December,of comparisons to other great teams when USC was ONLY a 1-time BCS National Champion. LSU won the BCS Championship in 2003 but the AP writers voted for USC. So it gave them a split of the National Championship. But wasn't that why the BCS was made for so there wouldn't be anymore split National Championships????

Past BCS Champions :

1998 Tennessee
1999 Florida State
2000 Oklahoma
2001 Miami
2002 Ohio State
2003 LSU
2004 USC
2005 Texas

One-Peat (www.onepeat.com)

District303aPastPlayer
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
**Here's an email from a generous Horns fan**

Subject: I'll commit to the last $1,000.00
In other words, once you raise $9,000, call me and I'll send the last $1,000. I give you permission to use my name and contact info to help raise funds.

Regards,

Chris Greenwell
Austin, TX

Old Tiger
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
I just posted this cause of the USC thing.

Rainman
01-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Texas will hurt, but will still be strong