PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning and the Colts....

gobbler84
01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
What the hell happened to the protection they had the first ten weeks of the season...Yesterday and the last 4 weeks, their protection has was horrible! Anyone know what happened?

Maroon87
01-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Beats me...anyone who has watched Pittsburgh in recent years knows they love to blitz. The Colts seemed unprepared for it for some reason.

Gobbla2001
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
What the hell happened to the protection they had the first ten weeks of the season...Yesterday and the last 4 weeks, their protection has was horrible! Anyone know what happened?

I think this is a case of Pittsburgh making changes added with the matchup... Pittsburgh's D was able to match up well with their offense early on, too bad for the Colts the solution was found later... The Colts weren't themselves yesterday because of great Steeler game-planning and the match-up...

If Payton moved around a little more, Colts are in the AFC championship... but you use what you have, and it didn't work...

eagles_victory
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
they should of zone blocked thats where they had some success but when they man blocked it was horrible protection.

sinton66
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Well, it was down to the final eight, you had to know these games would be tough. I didn't expect the Broncos to win over NE, but they did with some great defensive hits.

Gobbla2001
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
they should of zone blocked thats where they had some success but when they man blocked it was horrible protection.

I do not believe zone blocking would have worked, though I agree it would have been something to try... The Steelers' D was fine-tuned for that game, preparation was perfect... It didn't stop Indy in the end, but it did its purpose, stopped 'em enough early to hold 'em under a certain amount of points that the Steelers' offense couldovercome...

eagles_victory
01-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I do not believe zone blocking would have worked, though I agree it would have been something to try... The Steelers' D was fine-tuned for that game, preparation was perfect... It didn't stop Indy in the end, but it did its purpose, stopped 'em enough early to hold 'em under a certain amount of points that the Steelers' offense couldovercome... They went to zone blocking when they started to make there little come back and it worked sort of but they didnt do what they had to do and the better team on that day advanced.

Chris Hart
01-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Indianapolis always struggles when they face a defense that runs the 3-4. New England in the past, and San Diego, Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. They all run the 3-4, and some complicated blitz packages. I don't know why, but the Colts just can't hold out the 3-4. I could've sworn for a while there yesterday that Rob Petitte and Torin Tucker were suited up for the Colts, lol.:)

Bullaholic
01-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I agree with the consensus and it may be redundant and obvious to state again---the Colts didn't face the level of competition during the season that they faced in the playoffs. I am always struck by the difference in the ferocity of the players between the regular season and the playoffs.

football4life
01-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Well no matter what Blitzburgh was doing throughout the game, the Colts sure didn't make a whole lot of adjustments. When they got down 21-3 they were like, Oh hey, let's try to do something here.:eek:

neck_06
01-17-2006, 08:57 AM
i blame it on peyton, he is the one that is telling the lineman who to block before EVERY play. maybe he should just let them make their own calls like everyone else in the league!

AggieJohn
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames peyton blames tony who blames the line who blames the front office who blames

neck_06
01-17-2006, 09:59 AM
sounds like my trade:

Peyton, Marvin, and Edgrin for Carr, Bush, and Andre

might come true...........

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

hata_hurta06
01-17-2006, 10:42 AM
yea rite

slpybear the bullfan
01-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I could've sworn for a while there yesterday that Rob Petitte and Torin Tucker were suited up for the Colts, lol.:)

ROFL... nice...