PDA

View Full Version : new Houston rumor

Tiger90
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
-- Ricky Williams & a First-Rounder for David Carr? --
Mon Jan 16, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports one rumor circulating has the Miami Dolphins trading RB Ricky Williams and their first-round pick (No.16), to Houston for QB David Carr.

This would be a sweet deal.

Astrosdawg07
01-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
This would be a sweet deal.

This would never happen...

Pmoney
01-16-2006, 10:08 PM
it would be awesome though

football4life
01-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Then they take VY, and an OL. Not bad at all.

Crimestick
01-16-2006, 11:56 PM
The last thing Houston needs is an idiot, head-case nobody like Ricky Williams. Please, God, don't let this be true. Stick with Carr, draft Reggie and hire Kubiak. Amen.

Txbroadcaster
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
I dont want them getting Williams, or Vince Young( for his sake I hope he goes to Titans..BUT I hope the Texans dont take Bush. He IMO is going to turn out like a Rocket Ismail...solid but not AMAZING. I just dont think he is worth te first pick in the draft. He is not big back, is more of a specialized package back, and I just dont think you can build your team around that type of back.

The Texans need OL and defensive help..They have a good back in Davis

Whsdogs
01-17-2006, 02:40 AM
the runninback that the texans have is already good...so if they do take reggie...he could be almost anything on the field except a lineman...i think if he is to small as a running back he will be one of the best returners ever...but i think he will be just fine running the ball with the size he has..he plays big

big daddy russ
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
I still think that Leinart will turn out to be the best pro out of the big three. If the Texans don't pick him, they should trade down and pick up Ferguson or another stud OL. What others have said about Domanick Davis is right on the money- and just think of what he could do behind a good line.

If the Texans draft anyone in the top five, it should be Ferguson or Leinart.

neck_06
01-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
The last thing Houston needs is an idiot, head-case nobody like Ricky Williams. Please, God, don't let this be true. Stick with Carr, draft Reggie and hire Kubiak. Amen.

then they can trade Ricky for more lineman

Phil C
01-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Draft Vince Young! He will be worth at least one super bowl in his career!

neck_06
01-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Draft Vince Young! He will be worth at least one super bowl in his career!

i'm all for vince, but i really believe that people are setting their expectations too high

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'm all for vince, but i really believe that people are setting their expectations too high

your right about that. for someone to almost guarantee that he's good for atleast 1 superbowl is pretty comical.

Phil C
01-17-2006, 09:23 AM
They may be high for sure neck. It also would depend on how well the team builds around him in getting blockers and other support. I think all of the top choices will be good players in the NFL though. The only thing about Reggie that I am concerned about is that he needs to stop going into the air so much. I have seen many injuries in the pros when backs do that. Consider Calvin Hill, Danny Reeves and Gayle Sayers to name a few. Their careers were hurt when they had injuries when they were in the air.

AggieJohn
01-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
i'm all for vince, but i really believe that people are setting their expectations too high i think you right, however i think like Hakeem Olajuwon, it's almost something you have too do, whether you don't see fruits for a while

hata_hurta06
01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
HA HA

worldbfree
01-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Why in the world do people keep mentioning Ricky Williams with the Texans?

He is the last person in the NFL that a franchise needs. Can't count on him. Here is my scenario for the Texans:

1) Draft Reggie Bush

2) Trade Bush to whoever drafts Lendale White + picks or players

3) Trade Dominick Davis to Arizona for JJ Arrington and players/picks

Tiger90
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
JJ Arrington didn't set the world on fire. He struggled in Arizona. If anything his stock is lower now than it was predraft last season.

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
Why in the world do people keep mentioning Ricky Williams with the Texans?

He is the last person in the NFL that a franchise needs. Can't count on him. Here is my scenario for the Texans:

1) Draft Reggie Bush

2) Trade Bush to whoever drafts Lendale White + picks or players

3) Trade Dominick Davis to Arizona for JJ Arrington and players/picks

why do you want both arrington and white?

worldbfree
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
My thoughts behind my trade scenario involving White and Arrington is this.

Get White knowing that he is more likely to be an every down back in the NFL. Get picks or O-linemen with him depending on who drafts him.

Get Arrington because Arizona would likely give something fairly valuable up for a bonafide back that has proven himself since they were last in the league in rushing and have been for many years now. Domanick Davis would open up their pass game that much more. Plus....Texans would get some picks or O-linemen with Arrington to make the trade comparable.

Texans backfield would now feature: White (every down guy) Arrington (big play guy/3rd down back) and Jonathan Wells who proved he can play in spots.

Texans backfield stays good and they get picks or o-linemen with it to get better up front.

HighSchool Fan
01-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by worldbfree
My thoughts behind my trade scenario involving White and Arrington is this.

Get White knowing that he is more likely to be an every down back in the NFL. Get picks or O-linemen with him depending on who drafts him.

Get Arrington because Arizona would likely give something fairly valuable up for a bonafide back that has proven himself since they were last in the league in rushing and have been for many years now. Domanick Davis would open up their pass game that much more. Plus....Texans would get some picks or O-linemen with Arrington to make the trade comparable.

Texans backfield would now feature: White (every down guy) Arrington (big play guy/3rd down back) and Jonathan Wells who proved he can play in spots.

Texans backfield stays good and they get picks or o-linemen with it to get better up front.

arizona's problem isn't the RB position. they have the same problem as houston, no OL.

MARLINDOGS
01-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I dont see it happening.But would be good if it did.