PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine: Street Magic

Bullaholic
01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Anybody ever watch this guy perform "magic" on the streets? I've watched several "street magic" shows in the past and I am always amazed by this guy's skills. It is even funnier to watch the reaction of the people on the street to his "magic". I know it's all illusion---but I really don't know how this guy does what he does---most of it "defies" explanation---fun to watch, though.

MHSvarsity2007
01-16-2006, 03:13 PM
i've watched him before...he's pretty rad. i've always wanted to see him in the streets haha.

ILS1
01-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Check these two videos out:

David Blaine Video I (www.thatvideosite.com/view/561.html)

David Blaine Video II (www.thatvideosite.com/view/71.html)

Bullaholic
01-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Those were great---it really kills me when he "levitates" right in front of people, and they run away screaming.

STANG RED
01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
He really is amazing. Not only with his magic, but with his mind control over his body as well.
How long did he stand on top of that poll in times square? Several days wasnt it?
He also stood inside a block of ice for a couple days didnt he?

Bullaholic
01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
nm

AP Panther Fan
01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Here is a little info on two of his stunts. Also enjoyed reading about the time he spent suspended in a plexiglass box in London.:eek:

Frozen in Time

On Monday, November 27, 2000 Blaine began a stunt called 'Frozen in time'. Blaine spent time in a closet of ice located in Times Square, New York. A tube provided him with air and water, and a tube was provided for removal of his urine. He was encased in ice for 61 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds before being removed. The block of ice was on a stand, with space between the ground, and the ice was very visible. He was taken to the hospital immediately after being removed because doctors feared he was going into shock. He says he still could not walk normally a month after the stunt. A TV special aired covering the stunt.

Vertigo

On Monday 22 May 2002 Blaine began a stunt he named 'Vertigo'. Blaine was lifted by crane onto a 80 feet high pillar in Bryant Park, New York. He remained on the pillar, which was 22 inches wide, for nearly 35 hours without food or water or anything to lean on. Blaine appeared to be without safety harnesses and had no safety nets underneath him for almost the duration of the stunt. He ended the feat by jumping down onto a landing platform made of a 12 foot high pile of cardboard boxes. He claimed to have suffered a minor concussion from the jump because of the way his head hit the boxes.

MHSvarsity2007
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Here is a little info on two of his stunts. Also enjoyed reading about the time he spent suspended in a plexiglass box in London.:eek:

Frozen in Time

On Monday, November 27, 2000 Blaine began a stunt called 'Frozen in time'. Blaine spent time in a closet of ice located in Times Square, New York. A tube provided him with air and water, and a tube was provided for removal of his urine. He was encased in ice for 61 hours, 40 minutes, and 15 seconds before being removed. The block of ice was on a stand, with space between the ground, and the ice was very visible. He was taken to the hospital immediately after being removed because doctors feared he was going into shock. He says he still could not walk normally a month after the stunt. A TV special aired covering the stunt.

Vertigo

On Monday 22 May 2002 Blaine began a stunt he named 'Vertigo'. Blaine was lifted by crane onto a 80 feet high pillar in Bryant Park, New York. He remained on the pillar, which was 22 inches wide, for nearly 35 hours without food or water or anything to lean on. Blaine appeared to be without safety harnesses and had no safety nets underneath him for almost the duration of the stunt. He ended the feat by jumping down onto a landing platform made of a 12 foot high pile of cardboard boxes. He claimed to have suffered a minor concussion from the jump because of the way his head hit the boxes.

:eek: :clap: :eek: :clap: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
01-17-2006, 12:16 AM
this dude is nuts...

run_n_hit
01-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I think he sold his soul to the devil..... no one can do what he does.... lol

zeus63
01-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I've seen this guy on TV and that levitating trick is pretty cool. I just want to know how he does it.

football4life
01-18-2006, 02:17 PM
I want to know how any magician does anything. This stuff is amazing! I also enjoyed when he took off the chicken head in front of the little kids. :D

MHSvarsity2007
01-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by football4life
I want to know how any magician does anything. This stuff is amazing! I also enjoyed when he took off the chicken head in front of the little kids. :D

i showed my sister (who is 6) this video and she totally freaked out. it was quite hilarious. :)

SnyTigBaseB07
01-18-2006, 06:19 PM
I've watched the David Blaine Street Magic on like TLC or something quite a few times, some of the stuff is really cool, but some of the stuff i just cant get how he does, i mean like the levatating, its crazy, i know theres a catch, but i cant get it!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
01-18-2006, 11:26 PM
did any of yall see the south park episode about david blaine and his religion....blaintology?

SnyTigBaseB07
01-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
did any of yall see the south park episode about david blaine and his religion....blaintology?

Haha, it was just as stupidly funny as any episode.