PDA

View Full Version : Texans will draft Bush, likely will hire Kubiak (ESPN)

Crimestick
01-15-2006, 06:30 PM
THANK GOD!! :D

From ESPN.com:

Reggie Bush has long been assumed the top pick in the NFL draft, but after Vince Young's performance in the Rose Bowl, the Trojans wanted some assurance before the Heisman Trophy winner agreed to forgo his senior season.

USC sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that coach Pete Carroll gave his blessing for Bush to turn pro only after being assured by Texans owner Bob McNair that the running back would be the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Young, a Texas native, led his Longhorns to a victory over the favored Trojans in the national championship and ignited a public frenzy demanding Houston select the quarterback instead of Bush.

However, the Texans appear to be sticking with their initial plan of drafting the running back -- a preference of the top candidate to become their head coach.

A Broncos source told Mortensen that Gary Kubiak, Denver's offensive coordinator and the favorite for the Texans' head coaching post, believes current Houston quarterback David Carr can flourish with a new offense headlined by Bush and wide receiver Andre Johnson.

Kubiak, a Houston native, is widely considered the likely successor to Dom Capers, who was fired as Texans coach on Jan. 2, one day after finishing a 2-14 season with a loss at San Francisco.

However, under NFL tampering rules, the Texans cannot comment about or finalize any moves involving Kubiak until the Broncos' season is over. Denver advanced to the AFC Championship Game with a 27-13 win over the New England Patriots on Saturday.

wos fan1
01-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Saw that. There still is a strong rumor in Houston that the Texans will end up getting Young.

AggieJohn
01-15-2006, 06:33 PM
i'll take it

Leopards,class of 75
01-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Saw that. There still is a strong rumor in Houston that the Texans will end up getting Young. I really hope it's more than a rumor.

SnyTigBaseB07
01-15-2006, 06:43 PM
How crazy would it be if Bush and Young ended up on the same team? I'd love to see that, they might make a great combo.

AggieJohn
01-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Saw that. There still is a strong rumor in Houston that the Texans will end up getting Young. i wouldn't doubt it...but i think he ends up in NO

HighSchool Fan
01-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Young is gonna end up with his mentor in Tennessee.

Chief Ohera
01-16-2006, 12:25 AM
i don't want VY anywhere in texas he will ruin this great state of football with his poor play in the league,
he is the most overhyped overrated player ever to come out of the college level.
BOOMER SOONER, until next time..........

District303aPastPlayer
01-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
i don't want VY anywhere in texas he will ruin this great state of football with his poor play in the league,
he is the most overhyped overrated player ever to come out of the college level.

dude, for real. get over yourself...

AggieJohn
01-16-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
dude, for real. get over yourself... he can't he bleeds CRAP

District303aPastPlayer
01-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he can't he bleeds CRAP
57 more to catch me

vet93
01-16-2006, 11:01 AM
If Kubiak goes to the Texans...I would suspect that he would prefer Carr over VY considering the style of offense he like to run. That is no slam on Vince....just differences in philosophy. In the Broncho offense they don't want their quarterbacks exposed to hits running the football...they rely on a good offensive line and running back play to take care of the running game and then they put their quarterbacks in the position of throwing high percentage passes and not beating themselves with mistakes. It seems like Carr and Bush would be a better fit than VY in a Kubiak offense...just my $.02.

Black_Magic
01-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by vet93
If Kubiak goes to the Texans...I would suspect that he would prefer Carr over VY considering the style of offense he like to run. That is no slam on Vince....just differences in philosophy. In the Broncho offense they don't want their quarterbacks exposed to hits running the football...they rely on a good offensive line and running back play to take care of the running game and then they put their quarterbacks in the position of throwing high percentage passes and not beating themselves with mistakes. It seems like Carr and Bush would be a better fit than VY in a Kubiak offense...just my $.02. Vince Young Is a Fanchise Player. He will make biggest impact In the NFL that nearly any player has ever mad. If someone is smart they will design their offence around VY and make Deffenses adjust all over the leauge. Who ever does not chose him first will regret it . Kinda like CBS did when they decided to turn down Star Trek in favor of Lost in space in the 60s... "Oh the Pain, the pain...."

HighSchool Fan
01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Vince Young Is a Fanchise Player. He will make biggest impact In the NFL that nearly any player has ever mad. If someone is smart they will design their offence around VY and make Deffenses adjust all over the leauge. Who ever does not chose him first will regret it . Kinda like CBS did when they decided to turn down Star Trek in favor of Lost in space in the 60s... "Oh the Pain, the pain...."

i think we heard the same thing about vick. there's a big difference between college defense's and NFL defense's. there will be players on defense that are just as fast or faster than VY in the NFL.

Chief Ohera
01-16-2006, 01:05 PM
i think VY made the right choice by turning pro,
but he could do much for his IMAGE and (his school's image) if he would take a few speech classes this semester, he was a joke on national TV, no grammer whatsoever,
i see VY being a Andre Ware type of player coming out of college, he just wont be a good NFL qb, everyone just has to face it.
BOOMER SOONER,
until next time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HighSchool Fan
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
but he could do much for his IMAGE and (his school's image) if he would take a few speech classes this semester, he was a joke on national TV, no grammer whatsoever,
i see VY being a Andre Ware type of player coming out of college, he just wont be a good NFL qb, everyone just has to face it.
BOOMER SOONER,

i understand the whole problem here. your jealous because 0U hasn't had any QB play pro football.

Black_Magic
01-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i think we heard the same thing about vick. there's a big difference between college defense's and NFL defense's. there will be players on defense that are just as fast or faster than VY in the NFL. Vick was good no doubt. But not near as good as VY. Did you see the Rose bowl game? or do you not remember how he made people look. Anyone Remember that Eagles QB years ago? I believe VY will make a bigger impact on the leauge than him and thats a HUGE splash. He is bigger than most LBs and faster than most too. When he pulls the ball down to run Look out.

DaHop72
01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Reggie Bush reminds me a lot of Gale Sayers, I think that he can step in a play right away. VY is going to take a while to develop. If he's taken #1, I don't see a team letting that happen, I think they will throw him to the wolves.

Gobbla2001
01-16-2006, 01:42 PM

until next time

Is that a warning?

They gunna put the wheels back on that Boomer Sooner any time soon?

HighSchool Fan
01-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
He is bigger than most LBs and faster than most too. When he pulls the ball down to run Look out.

your right that he's bigger than some lb's. but he's not faster than most of them at the next level. if your thinking he'll get by just on his size and speed your wrong. Matt Jones is close to his size and is faster and has just as strong of an arm as VY.i'm not doubting that he's gonna be a real good QB in the NFL. i'm just not convinced he's gonna be as great as some people think.

District303aPastPlayer
01-16-2006, 02:10 PM
BOOMER SOONER,

his school has an image of winnign 2/3 major championships in sports... what image is there?

Aesculus gilmus
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
I have no idea how VY will do as a pro, but now that you brought up Andre Ware, I recall hearing him doing color commentary on some college game a few years ago and he was very impressive.

I don't think you can "coach" VY into being an articulate speaker, particularly if he has not achieved this by age 22, any more than you could take your typical state UIL debating champ and "coach" him into athletic greatness.

Astrosdawg07
01-16-2006, 07:21 PM

NO that would be Michael Vick.