PDA

View Full Version : I hate the offseason

GreenMonster
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
There is nothing worse than signing on to see basketball scores and threads about crapy movies. I am seriously in need of a High School Football thread, I'm going through withdrawals!

SnyTigBaseB07
01-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
There is nothing worse than signing on to see basketball scores and threads about crapy movies. I am seriously in need of a High School Football thread, I'm going through withdrawals!

Poor GM.....the next stage is DT.

But seriously though, the only thing there is to talk about HS football wise is Who's leaving w/e team, were they're going, and whos the next big stars for the teams, or some thing along those lines.

MHSvarsity2007
01-15-2006, 12:55 PM
after basketball is baseball!! everybody has to love baseball season...it's that much closer to football :p

GreenMonster
01-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
after basketball is baseball!! everybody has to love baseball season...it's that much closer to football :p

I do love baseball. The sound of aluminum making contact with the old horsehide makes me feel all tingly.

District303aPastPlayer
01-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I do love baseball. The sound of aluminum making contact with the old horsehide makes me feel all tingly.

down in the corpus area... something funny has happened at Moody HS... they take batting practice with WOOD at their practice... its the sweetest sound ever :)

MHSvarsity2007
01-15-2006, 01:21 PM
idk why i love baseball but i typically never miss a game haha. its my favorite season! my brother is obsessed with baseball, so that could be a reason.

Ranger Mom
01-15-2006, 01:24 PM
idk why i love baseball but i typically never miss a game haha. its my favorite season! my brother is obsessed with baseball, so that could be a reason.

My step son plays and has since he started T-ball, I have STILL never been able to get into it....it's just too slow paced for me!

MHSvarsity2007
01-15-2006, 01:27 PM
my brothers a pitcher/catcher so i guess i have to get into it and yell haha...

SnyTigBaseB07
01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My step son plays and has since he started T-ball, I have STILL never been able to get into it....it's just too slow paced for me!

If you have a good pitcher against a poor hitting team thats no fun

But when you get 2 great pitchers, and two teams that can hit, that can more exciting that anything. I love when we play wylie, its always a spectacle.

mrescape43
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
my brothers a pitcher/catcher so i guess i have to get into it and yell haha...

Your brother must have some set of wheels! haha
Speedy Gonzales!!

My favorite sport has always been baseball. I played 3 years on varsity in hs and then a bunch of us guys put together a mens team and played 5 more years until 1985. We traveled all over west texas to play.

District303aPastPlayer
01-15-2006, 02:36 PM
i play softball... its great... aside from the sliding in jersey shorts

Matthew328
01-15-2006, 03:11 PM
this off-season won't be too bad for me.....realignment will keep everyones attention for a while. then I'll wait about a month..then I'll get to do spring football again...then after that the 7 on 7 season starts which will keep me busy for 2 months....then bam the season starts....

sww-bull52
01-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
down in the corpus area... something funny has happened at Moody HS... they take batting practice with WOOD at their practice... its the sweetest sound ever :)

Sweetwater hosts the annual Wood Bat Classic every year. A 3 day tounament with nothing but wood bats. A lot of fun.

AggieJohn
01-15-2006, 06:25 PM
what are you talking about, for me this is the actual season...i'm quiet during football