PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee basketball back to its tradition

AggiesAreWe
01-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Silsbee boys and girls basketball teams are showing lots of promise in getting back to the program that was traditionaly in the top 10 year in and year out. The boys are currently ranked #2 in state while the girls are ranked #3. Look for both teams to cruise through district undefeated and make a run for Austin.

Hupernikomen
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Silsbee have any size this year? Jasper is starting to win a few games also. Probably won't be able to beat Silsbee but I did see where one poll had the Dogs in the top 20.

SHS
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
aggie, as much as i like your enthusiasm about silsbee athletics, I wouldn't say at this moment that silsbee will go undefeated in district although i do want them to and it could very well happen ,but its a long road ahead.

SHS
01-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Silsbee have any size this year? Jasper is starting to win a few games also. Probably won't be able to beat Silsbee but I did see where one poll had the Dogs in the top 20.

Our center is 6'9'' and we have about two other guys that are 6'4'' and 6'5''.

AggiesAreWe
01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Well, I wasn't exactly talking about Silsbee athletics, just their basketball programs, but while we are on the subject, as long as the Tigers remain 3A ( they turned in 829 for next 2 years ) all of Silsbee's athletic programs should prosper.

Tiger90
01-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Once this year's middle school group of boys reach high school the bball program will be even better. They have a 6'4" post and 6'1" guard already as 13 year olds. They will be good in 2 years.

Next fball season should be great as well with a solid nucleus returning.