PDA

View Full Version : Saw Midnight Showing Of "Glory Road"!!!

ILS1
01-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Wow!!! Even though I'm not a huge basketball fan,this is a GREAT movie!! It showed all the struggles this team had to endure in the mid 60's. Especially, with all the racial tensions and political struggles this part of the country and the South was going thru. And how they came together as a team. They only lost 1 game,a regular season ending loss due to an incident the night before that really affected them. Great group of guys on this team. I believe this movie will be ranked right up there with the likes of 'Hoosiers'. I highly recommend this movie even if your not a basketball fan!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
01-14-2006, 02:25 PM
just got back from seeing it ---------- OUTSTANDING !!!!!!

ILS1
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
BTW,I was surprised at who played Kentucky HC Adolph Rupp. I don't believe he was even credited as being in the movie in all the trailers I saw. Great choice though!!! He did a great job!!!

:D

Aesculus gilmus
01-14-2006, 03:55 PM
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/SPORTS03/60106002/1002/ARCHIVES

Texas Western's champs turned tables on Wildcats

By Larry Boeck
Courier-Journal Staff Writer
Originally published March 20, 1966

COLLEGE PARK, Md. — They who live by the gun, die by the gun. But Kentucky's Wildcats picked a heck of a time to get themselves gunned down.

Coach Adolph Rupp's crew, which won 27 of 28 games with superior shooting, slick passing, and by taking advantage of every opportunity, fell down in all three departments last night.

The result was a 72-65 victory for Texas Western in the NCAA basketball tournament championship game which destroyed Rupp's hopes for an unprecedented fifth National Collegiate Athletic Association title....

More at above link